Commissioner = The "I screwed up" pistol.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Got caught off guard? Use your Commissioner

Losing a gun fight? Use your Commissioner.

The weapon has literally became the biggest crutch overtime for people who screw up alot. No wonder why its so popular with the majority of players & all the "Elite" players.
    • Up x 1
  2. SarahM

Or the Blackhand. Or the Underboss. Or the Emissary. Or the T4 Amp. Or the ...

Popularity aside, any particular reason you picked the Commissioner to pick on?
  3. SlugSniper

4. LaughingDead

Well considering more people use the commisioner over all other sidearms besides default pistols, I'd say maybe it is too good.
  5. DirArtillerySupport

Says here you died at least 3 times to the Commissioner in one session...yep...nerf it!
  6. LtBomber1

Totaly OP! It even fires bullets! 6 of them!
    Miss a shot with that gun and you are dead, hit and its fine. Why do ppl use it? Alpha dam! If you need to switch, you just have time for 1 bullet, and that should do the trick! Otherwise, it is a sidearm...
  7. entity009

The commie is fine in the hand of the normal player. Put in the hands of the elite and its just stupid. There are many players who will hit you twice in the head as fast as they can pull the trigger. Forget that you are firing off the hip and jumping or ducking it does not matter. I can see this happening rarely but those guys do it 90%+ of the time. Tracking a fast moving target at 1-5m to land 2 successive headshots, and doing it repeatedly is just beyond belief to me....

Games like this will always have people who are just stupid good so I just blow it off and try not to get irritated with their inhuman skills.
  8. FateJH

It probably helps that, unlockable to all with DBC (previously, SC), the Commissioner will be a common option in one's bag of tools with even a new character.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrMinistry30

The Commissioner is the first sidearm i have ever auraxiumized and i would say it is really good, especially when you compare it to the VS alternatives.
    For TR and even for NC there are indeed some alternatives that you can actually consider real sidegrades (Repeater, Inquisitor, T4 AMP, Desperado, Rebel) but for VS the best you can chose from all that trash is the Spiker.
    • Up x 1
  10. RykerStruvian

Just about every gun is fine. The only difference is if it kills within 3 shots or 4. If you know how to use one gun, you'll know how to the use the other ones. I just don't like the commissioner because everyone uses it, it devalues the uniqueness of the three factions, and its really big/takes up a lot of screen space. Everything, essentially, is very lethal. It just comes down to play styles/preference.

Thats generally why I always tell new players to don't even bother buying any guns since the starter guns work well as is.
  11. LaughingDead

If I had a sidearm shotgun that 1 shot you would it be OP? What if it had 2 rounds?

The thing is it's used over every other pistol and supposedly better weapons suited for the different ranges (underboss and blackhand) sustaining dps along with just the right amount of range, not to mention the best hipfire out of the 3 (which is also stupid)
    Problem also being is that pistols don't stand out well, rebels and magshots, beamers and cerberus...es... just not great for anything that isn't a stalker.
  12. MrMinistry30

@RykerStruvian:
    Of course, almost everything is lethal in this game (even crossbow with detection bolts), every day some peole even die from stombling and falling on the ground with an unfortunate landing but i would not rely on that when it comes to succeeding over another player in this game.

In my opinion, there is no doubt that some weapons in this game make it a lot easier to kill an enemy than others. Just let 2 infis duel, 1 with Commi and 1 with beamer... who do you think will win (assuming bot are about equally skilled)? The one who needs 1 (headshot at close range) / 2 (body shots at close range) / 3 (Body shots at mid range) / 4 (body shots at max range) hits or the one who needs 3 / 6 / 7-10 hits? Let's be honest, 95% of the time the commi infi will win this so you can clearly say it is the BETTER pistol.

Considering the starter guns you are absolutely right but when it comes to sidearms, there is a very clear line between the good ones and trash.
  13. Eternaloptimist

The Magscatter is a sidearm shotgun isn't it? IDK the stats though.
  14. entity009

mag scatter is a 2-3 hit kill with hideous refire time and a 10 foot range. Its nice to quickdraw in cqc for that last hit when your mag runs dry. A pocket shotty can be quite a surprise and easy to hit with. Its pretty much **** for anything else
  15. CrimsonEclipse5

The spiker? Wat.
    • Up x 1
  16. asmodraxus

Ah yes the unique empire specific pistol known as the spiker, which is merely a subpar copy of the Rebel with a useless charge up mode...

Empire specific pistols design meeting

NC Shotgun.
    TR Auto pistol.
    VS Charge up, **** the VS are complaining about not having a burst fire, lets copy it and add it to this version and pretend its good and make the charge up useless.
  17. MrMinistry30

to make it clear: i did NOT mean the spiker is a GOOD pistol, it is just the best out of all the ES pistol trash that the VS has. And yes, the charge mechanic is absolutely useless...
    • Up x 1
  18. DIGGSAN0

Spiker is the copy of Desperado.

Cerberus(1000certs) is the copy of Rebel(325certs)
    Manticore(325certs) is the copy of Mag-Shot(free)
    • Up x 2
  19. Eternaloptimist

I only use it for the burst function (and because I risk RSI from spamming the left mouse button on the Beamer). It still feels worse than the Desperado or the Inquisitor for some reason and (at close range) way worse than the Repeater.
  20. Ghoest

@ OP
    I get the impression you havent used enough weapons.

The underboss is just as good as the commissioner as an emergency gun - better in thats is easier to use IMO.
    The blackhand is also just as good but requires more player skill.