comments requested on Response Jacket

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Eternaloptimist

I mostly to play medic or engie but I run nanoweave and (currently|) battlehardened. This is because I like the infantry combat as much as the supporting.

But the astonishing volume of 'nades and C4 during point holds and room to room fights have made me wonder recently about running response jacket instead of battlehardened (my other implant is maxed regen, which I am not keen to let go).

Does anyone have experience of whether or how effective response jacket is? Thanks in advance.
  2. OgreMarkX

I use it on my tank hunter Heavy Assault load out usually paired with ammo printer and flak armor.

I find it effective. I can take several hits from tanks and explosive based harrasser/esf weapons.

Proudly, I have been accused of hacking twice due to killing crewed vehicles, solo, in open field. Totally Rambo Bro.

As far as nades and C4, I can't recall, sorry.

Also, if I am not running ammo printer, I run catlike. I can easily leap tanks and harrassers when they try to ram me.

Crouching Tiger, Flying Rambo.

On a side note, if Response Jacket was TR only, DBG would have nerfed it, provided an NS version and therefore taken away a TR trait and given to NC and VS.

TRAP!
    Butcher!
    Striker!

Design (tm)
    • Up x 2
  3. Pelojian

hmm if you are going to use regeneration with it, you might be better off using symbiote + regen with flak armor if you aren't intending to fight vehicles and go straight for infantry combat.

level 1 symbiote is good enough, upgrading it only increases the delay from the initial health consumption tick after respawning or resupplying.

as ogre has said response jacket plus flak armor can be effective vs vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  4. adamts01

+1 for Symbiote & Flak on medic. Response jacket is good for other classes during big fights, especially point holds. But I usually just run Symbiote & Regen for those fights, with flak.
    • Up x 1
  5. adamts01

You guys sure it stacks? Everyone's testing on Reddit says otherwise...
  6. OgreMarkX

I am not sure Adam, will see if I can find out.
  7. JobiWan

My go-to choice now for infantry combat is regen/symbiote and flak.
  8. Pelojian

i haven't tested it myself, i usually go for ether infantry combat or vehicle vs vehicle, so i usually run around with regen+symbiote+flak armor or sweeper+regen
  9. Sazukata

I highly doubt Flak Armor and Response Jacket stack. Otherwise we'd have people with 100% C4 and frag grenade resistance.
  10. Pelojian

it wouldn't work that way response jacket is a resist shield basically for X seconds 50% of explosive damage (specific resist types depending on implant level, e.g low levels don't protect from rockets and c4)

so with flak armor and response jacket if they stacked it would be like for example:

decimator: 975 damage > 50% resist via response jacket > 487.5 damage > flak armor resist 50% > 243.75 damage

so in other words if they stacked it would be a temporary 75% resistance to explosives capping out at 20 seconds if the implant is maxxed.