Comment on new HC1 Cougar as of 04/10

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by lolB0b, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

It's more like the T5 AMC than AC-X11/Mercenary. Better RoF for worse velocity and less attachments. I think it's a bit lacking personally, since it doesn't have the low horizontal recoil or advanced grip to compete with the 167 tier weapons while still having similar TTK. I think all 143dmg/652-698 RoF are kind of in that place though, excepting a few with worthwhile advantages like NS-15m's recoil recovery/.75 ADS.
  2. minhalexus

When the Cougar 1.0 came out all the TR hollered that they did not have a long range weapon.
    Then Cougar 2.0 came out less now TR are complaining about having a copy of the AF-merc.

Haters gonna hate, less TR players are complaining about the Cougar 2.0.

If you want a close-mid weapon, use the Jaguar.
    If you want a mid-long range weapon, use the Cougar.

At least most people seem happy with this gun, since they all agree that this weapon is good at what its meant to do.
  3. OddChelsea

More like the Razor than the Merc. The Razor is an amazing gun though. I agree however.
  4. Iridar51

You have GD-7F for that. Worse handling, higher DPS. You can't even use 75% movespeed as an excuse, now that Lynx 2.0 seems to have lost it.

Why not have both?.jpg
    Battle rifle is more effective at range, while precision carbines more versatile. Variety!
    • Up x 2
  5. Paperlamp

I was complaining about a Merc copy before Cougar 2.0 actually.

[IMG]
  6. asdfPanda

I'd even go as far as to say that the GD-7F actually handled better than the Lynx 1.0.
  7. Iridar51

Probably did, don't have stats at hand to check.
    From my memory though GD-7F has really bad horizontal recoil, like [2.0; 3.0] bad.
  8. Epic High Five

You're going to be glad you came into it with a blank slate. It's easy to see the stats and say, "this gun is going to suck", especially when everything else you have is ALL DAKKA ALL THE TIME FFFFAAARRRRRRTT.

I know, I was there! The Razor was the first gun I used much after using the 7F for 2 months or so. Big change to say the least. But I got used to it and realized that not only could I kill more people per mag, but the TTK was virtually identical because the accuracy is so good. Firing high damage bullets that slowly and still wrecking people is also jus satisfying on a primal level, like going toe-to-toe with an Orion HA (I know I know, "what are the odds? You may as well say Bigfoot!" but hear me out) with a Reaper and coming out on top.

Yeah, the X11 is pretty much the best. The niche I see the Bandit/Zenith filling is "versatile, 0.75x", same as the Jaguar. Doesn't really need to be much more complicated than that. Do the TR have a middle distance monster like the X11? Naw, but the NC don't have a roided out Armistice either.

With the new Lynx's handling, in fact, I'd use it exactly like an X11. It's seriously accurate for the style of gun it is. Also you'll probably be scrounging desperately for ammo just as often :D

The Razor is a very capable gun at close-mid provided you ADS, just like the Merc. My main LA loadouts are th X11 for fun and pleasure, and the Razor for 0-300 versatility. I auraxed mine primarily in biolabs, so it's obviously workable at the whole panic hipfire thing. I think the Cougar's going to surprise you, I know the Razor did for me.
  9. minhalexus

The GD-7F is being nerfed in terms of recoil.
  10. Paperlamp

GD-7F is a roided out Armistice. Better, in fact. New Lynx isn't any real competition for it.

Lynx is also nowhere near AC-X11 level accurate. It cannot be used like an AC-X11, in fact it's pretty hopeless even trying for headshots past maybe 20m.

I have the Razor on my NC. I don't like it. I am pretty sure 5 more rounds but lower velocity and longer reload aren't going to make it more appealing.

Armistice is a sucky weapon anyway, Cyclone is the best all-rounder SMG while Blitz/Sirius are the best spray and pray closer range/multiple target SMGs(Blitz is better). Eridani is decent now that it got buffed too. Armistice is in an awkward place with no major advantages but plenty of significant downsides.
  11. Epic High Five

Tough to say. For a long, long, long time the 7F had bugged bloom values of the 167 tier instead of the 143. While this doesn't SOUND, huge, combined with the ROF it meant you were firing sideways after 8 rounds. This is the 7F I auraxiumed :(

So my first instinct is to call the 7F's accuracy now things like insane and unbelievable, but to be honest it's probably a lot like the Lynx: okay if you're using a grip, but don't expect to bag that infil 120m away. It's got a predictable deviation, but lots of shake.
  12. minhalexus

Actually you suggested turning GD-7F into a 167@632, i was suggesting that turn GD-7F into a 167@680.
  13. Iridar51

Well I didn't mean "at the same time".
  14. Epic High Five

I think the Razor and Razor-style guns just may not be your style :/ as said before I use the Razor as a 0-300 all purpose gun and it serves that purpose very well. People gush about the long range performance, but that's because "damn good up close" is just assumed with carbines. Rest assured, it is still damn good up close

I'd take the Cyclone over the Armistice any day, but that's because the Cyclone appeals to me as a versatility *****. While it's never going to be a long range gun, the SMG downsides at midrange aren't there for the Cyclone, and it doesn't trade much in the way of DPS for it

The Armistice, however, is a better pure SMG. 30-40 rounds, blistering fire rate, great hipfire. It does one thing: mulch everything you can get close to, and unless they get the jump on you they are going to lose. It's actually become my default gun on my TR heavy because it's just so unfair combined with an overshield
  15. Epic High Five

I would unironically love this, but deep down I don't think it could be balanced. 30 round mags would give it a gigantic DPM advantage for it's class, and lowering the mag size is out of the question due to the ROF. I could see it working if it was given access to exmags and a long reload, maybe
  16. minhalexus

You think you got it mixed up, it would not give it a DPM (damage per magazine) advantage, it would give it a DPS advantage.
    The DPM would still be equal to regular NC carbines.

Mag size can stay the same.

The 167@680 will be the NC version of the Lynx.
    And 167@632 will be the NC version of Jaguar.

I think you meant damage per minute, but i dont see how that relates to a gun's performance when TTK is within 1/2 a second.
  17. asdfPanda

I suppose it's better by a marginal amount(in terms of recoil) to the Lynx, but when compared to most carbines, it still isn't incredible.
  18. Epic High Five

Naw, I meant in comparison to the 7F. It's equal to most NC carbines indeed.

Yeah, it's nothing special. Nothing I'd pull it for anyway.

It's just better than it used to be.
  19. minhalexus

The DPM for the GD-7F is quite low while the DPS is quite high.
    This would solve both problems by increasing DPM and reducing DPS.

DPS of:-

Lynx 2.0 = 1893
    167@680 (possible GD-7F 2.0) = 1892
    GD-7F = 2013

DPM of

Lynx 2.0 = 5000
    167@680 (possible GD-7F 2.0) = 5010
    GD-7F = 4290

If the GD-7F is made into a 167@680 then it would solve both problems of the current terribly high DPS and terribly low DPM.

It would solve the biggest problem of all and that is the TR's envy of NC getting a 2013 DPS carbine.
    I'm actually impressed by this thought, gonna make a thread about this in Discussion.
  20. Epic High Five

I'm pretty happy overall with NC carbines overall. I don't mind the 7F being totally outclassed because people should be using superior NC gear instead of a dumb crutch weapon

167@680 would be horrible unless it was given a magical exemption and got 143 tier bloom/shot