[Suggestion] Colossus is stepping stone for BFR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Aug 10, 2020.

1. GImofoJoe

So....the Colossus is not OP, requires multiple people to operate, get destroyed fairly easy yada yada....
    So....why not add BFR...3 people vehicle. Driver, main gun, aux gun. Thoughts?
  2. ohmikkie

What's a BFR?
  3. Badman76

What about the harasser? driver, gunner and guy at the back repairing and lobbing out mines
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

The first PlanetSide game introduced large mechs called "BattleFrame Robotics" towards the end of it's life. Many PS1 veterans have bad flashbacks whenever they're brought up, because when BFRs were added, they were stupid overpowered before they were sledgehammer nerfed. Many PS1 vets swear to this day that BFRs are why PlanetSide 1 "died" as a game, before its servers shut down.

I'm actually down with having BFRs in PS2 as a War Asset. The problem would be coming up with a niche for them to occupy outside of "Super MBT." The Bastion is an Outfit's full might put on display, while the Colossus is a (somewhat underwhelming) ground-based counter/mobile AA platform (that requires constant babysitting from a friendly armor column).
    • Up x 1
  5. gfoceRETURNS

BFR's were a major factor in the decline of PS1. I played from 2003 until 2011.

TBH i don't think the idea of a BFR (or something similarly huge) is terrible. After all... Bastion's and a renewed marketing push spiked populations here just recently. These big game shifting changes are necessary to retain relevance. What is needed is regular fine tuning after an update is dropped with special attention given to bugs/glitches.