[Cobalt] Survey: Connection or Server issues?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haquim, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Haquim

This is not a whine/complaint thread (yet)
    I just had some very strange stuff happening to me just now and I want to know where my troubles come from.

When I die, my alter ego kinda freezes in time for about a second before playing the dying animation.
    I got OHK by the underbarrel shotgun of the fortuna as a HA with full overshield without any hits to the head.
    A medic I was chasing around a tree apparently became invisible when he went behind the tree.... and became visible again when he opened up on me.
    An enemy medic survived at least 6 bodyhits and 2 headshots with the AMR at 20m. (thats about 2500 damage)
    After landing in my droppod I could not change or fire my weapon. A lightning shot me at an angle 30 degrees away from his facing before I could check this out more.
    Enemies beyond about 50m either move fluidly or randomly stutter/warp around.
    A bulldog apparently hit me in the face - it showed the explosion, killed me about a second later, and then it played the delayed dying animation.

And thats about the annoying ones. I think partly they are old bugs/features, but I suddenly got it so often and heavy that I kinda don't want to play very long before getting annoyed.

Does anybody experience something similar? Or should I just kill PS2 on my PC and try reinstalling or something?
  2. HadesR

Dunno but Connery just died for a few moments .. So maybe server issues across the board
  3. Grumblefern

Similar things happening on Connery too. People warping around and also 3 random disconnects today. Lots of weird "um I've shot this guy enough that he should be dead by now" issues along with a fair amount of instant feeling deaths.
  4. n0pax

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had similar issues to you but in addition my medkits did not work and it never was fixed. I would use the medkit, it would heal me to full and use the medkit but then 2 seconds later my health would go back to its pre-medkit state.

There was never any fix, I had this happen on the Waterson and Connery servers for 7 months or so before I gave up on the game and quit. The only fix was abandoning my BR 60 TR on Waterson and playing on Mattherson instead where the issue did not occur. During those 7 months I ran into dozens of other people with the same issue, but it never go any attention nor official response.

The fix ultimately was play Battlefield instead. I am only recently (within the last week) contemplating giving this game another chance.