Cobalt - Server Smash Champions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saool, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Saool

Well done to the rest of the team.

What a blast. GG Emerald.
    • Up x 4
  2. Diilicious

What is this?

did my server win something?
    • Up x 1
  3. Paragon Exile

#RoyGotTheWrong70%
    • Up x 3
  4. Flag

#FireRoy
    • Up x 1
  5. gigastar

[IMG]

After that i doubt he will ever want to hear anything again.
    • Up x 3
  6. Alzir

America, this is what it feels like to lose.

Also, in the Europe we do our gloating after the work has been put in.
  7. Luminiouscow

How does Emerald lose to Cobalt, home of VS's finest British/German tryhards?
  8. Alzir

they let us play VS and kindly posted our plans to us in advance
  9. gibstorm

Cobalt is now Cannon
  10. FateJH

Who's RoyAwesome?
  11. CuteBeaver

Emerald was made up of two teams, and frankly I have lost allot of my respect for Team #1 leading up to the match.

My eyes were opened after what SOME of Team #1 intentionally did to Miller in the second game... Thankfully I played on Team #2 which was commanded by Lemgar (in Em vs Cobalt) and InMediasRage. (in Em vs Connery) and while there was some trash talk from the individual players, there was also allot of respect for Cobalt, and also for Connery after the match. We had a really close game with them, nothing was easy, and it was obvious Cobalt was the team to beat going into this tournament. However instead of a pat on the back, and good job for winning our initial match against Cobalt.... Team #1 basically gave us a "Why didn't you warpgate them?" type response, and cold shoulder. Incredible... Just incredible... I could not believe the arrogance, and felt like saying did you guys see the stream at all? Did you see the airball of death?

Ultimately... What Team #1 needs to take away from this experience is learning humility. Yes, there is trash talking... and then... there is just racism and being a butt-hole. I am specifically talking about Emerald vs Miller when a portion of Team #1 deliberately sent "tells" trying to put Miller players on tilt. That kind of thing is un-sportsmanship like. The people who participated in that "strategy" are very lucky SOE didn't ban them outright for racism. This kind of attitude and lack of respect towards your opponents is telling. I know that not every single player on Team #1 acted so disgustingly but honestly... its shameful behavior and painted all of T1 in a very bad light going forward.

Cobalt, on the other hand... gave it their all, and kept improving the entire tournament. They took nothing for granted and didn't underestimate, or try to undermine their opponents... They certainly treated Miller with much more respect. Cobalt proved its not just about winning, but also how you win that truly matters.
    • Up x 5
  12. pnkdth

It was impressive to see how quickly Cobalt took charge of the game, made Emerald's redeployside work against them, and, of course, the near perfect use of air units. I don't think it was a case of Emerald messing things up as much as it was Cobalt doing everything right and simply outplaying Emerald.

GG to both Cobalt and Emerald.
    • Up x 2
  13. TheShrapnelKing

I don't even care that my server lost. These elistist, cocky, toxic Matthersonites needed to be taken down a notch and now all their "Emerald is canon" ******** is finally coming back to bite them in the ***. I have waited for so long to see them lose. We almost got it with the merger smash but dat overtime. Now they've finally been defeated and I'm ******* glad. I want people like that to lose, they're the reason I hate Emerald's server culture.

GO COBALT. YOU SHOW THESE COCKY-*** AMERICANS WHAT-FOR.
    • Up x 1
  14. zuka7

15. Talkirk

Awesome game Cobalt a well deserved victory!
  16. Ribero

Congratulations Cobalt, I guess I'll lessen the amount of abuse I give you.
    Good game Emerald.
    Thanks to the ServerSmash Team, Reps, Contacts etc for hosting and organising.
  17. patrykK1028

Praise GylleBMF
  18. InoxGecko

Cobalt stronk

Emerald got rekt :D