Cobalt Russian Players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AtckAtck, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtckAtck

As we have seen with the new soltek server, the gap between different countrys can be quite large; not only because of high ping, but also when in comes to gameplay.

I really don't want to sound like a racist, but i am sooo fed up with the russian TR playerbase on cobalt.
    According to statistics 50% of all TR Population on Cobalt are ZERGFITS...

We have the worst of the worst when in comes to playerbase. Those zerglings have no clue what they do in this game. I swear i have seen them literaly dying their way forward.
    But seriously we loose nearly every continent because of this. It is because not only the average zergling has no clue, the leaders of those swarms are known to everybody on this server and i have never heard a kind word about them EVER.

You cannot even help those players, because they only speak russian.
    Or, even worse, just don't want to listen that what they are doing is wrong.

The russians just seem to want to play the game so much more in a different way than the average european player would consider playing it with enjoyment, that i came to the conclusion that the server merge you did by canceling the russian server was a bad mistake. One that hit the community so hard that it never recovered and a lot of players just left the game out of frustration. Now only the hardcore veterans and the russian zergling seem to be left to play.
    And seriously i'd rather play against constant overpop than having to play with those stupids just one more day.
    One can clearly see how bad it is when both enemy factions just search where the russian zerg is at, because it is easy "farming" kills there.

I really don't know how this could be fixed other than that the russians need their own server and the rest of the europeans getting merged into one server.

I really hate to propose merging a server, because it is never good to rip apart existing communities.
    But as there is no community between those players anyway, it might just be the better soloution.
    • Up x 2
  2. Kristan

The problem with Russian server that it wasn't a DBG/SOE server. It was ruled by other company that enforced their moneygrab policy, for like you pay real cash just to get an item for a certain amount of time, basically renting it. Also delayed updates and terrible technical and customer support.

Apparently it seems like Cobalt deals with asian part of Russia where people aren't much into learning english, unlike european part that currently plays at Miller and I'd never call them as dumb zergs. Yet I really doubt that 50% of TRs on Cobalt are Russians, they might be Chinese as well. I mean that eastern Russia ain't that populated as western part, yet on Miller there isn't much of Russian players left, not enough to form a full platoon during the prime time.

But proper client translation and dedicated Russian server under DBG reign might work. Just, for the love of all that is holy, don't isolate every single russian in there, as some game companies trying to do.
  3. AtckAtck

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/server/13
    See the stats for yourself 40% Zergfit on TR side....
    As well as VS, but Trident are not Russian as far as i know.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/outfits/?sort=members&server=13&min=150&max=9999
    All outfits with more than 150 Members.
    Try spotting the russians on TR side....
    91AR on NC side is Russian only too as far as i know.
    So this basically makes 80% of our server pop Russian Zerglings. So we kinda are the "new russian server".
    (Yes, i am exaggerating. Because i only compared the Zergfits. But it sure feels that way often.)

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/outfit/3EPG
    This is Zerg Russ, only russians.

Out of 939 "active" Players, (double that if you count the inactive too); 79 Players have K/D of 1 or higher.
    Man, this is not bad, this is as crappy as it can get.
  4. Kristan

Huh, you've convinced me. I had no idea that majority of our players are on Cobalt instead of Miller.
  5. AtckAtck

Then maybe come over and punch some tactical thinking into your countrymen...
  6. Kristan

Naaah, different time zones and I'm bad at squad leadership, not talking about entire zergfit.
  7. Towie

I too play on Cobalt and boy was there a surge in TR players in general when the Russian server closed down. It seems that most Russians play TR - I can kinda see the logic.

Although I play all three factions, I struggle most with TR and tend to play them the least. The challenge with the Russian squads is that they only communicate in Russian - so the majority of the other Europeans don't understand what's going on. I've played along a few times (following points and stuff like that) but the lack of comms makes for a tough game.
  8. oOHansOo

Yeah, God damned ZERG RUSS. My main character is a NC on cobalt, and we are usually on the receiving end of the TR zergs.
    Those guys have 1 strategy and 1 strategy only: Zerg the NC. Vanus are ghostcapping our bases? Zerg the NC harder.
    Sometime i think they're allergic to fighting VS.
    The TR throw about 80 to 90% of their population against the NC, ignoring the VS for the most part. That in turn means, that the VS will also bring most of their pop against the NC, because that's the only way they can have a fight.
    And so the NC has to fight both enemy faction with half their pop, getting doubleteamed and overpoped almost every time and everywhere during primetime.
    Good luck winning an alert as NC. VS can just warpgate the TR without any noticeable resistance, while slowly taking territory from NC, since they can trow more numbers at them. Meanwhile, the TR zerg just hogs a single lane into NC territory and that also has to be contained. Sometimes you can tie them up at a chokepoint, since they wont deviate from their path, but they still have numbers to force a breakthrough, with their entire population in one point of the map.
    Those morons destroy the fun for everyone else.
    The minute we get an option to bring a character to a different sever, i'm gone from cobalt.
  9. adamts01

Wow, this sounds like Connery. Does Russia have state run internet like China?
  10. HippoCryties

They’re fine, they don’t warp like the people on Connery. They are fine to play against, just the fact that they can’t speak English, but why can I blame them? They shouldn’t have to learn our language to speak to people on PS2. But Zerg Russ is just annoying, never fight VS just constantly zerging NC
  11. Luicanus

It's not just the English, we have French, German and Swedish outfits too and probably others, it's how they play. They creat open platoons and invite everyone in sight into them then just swarm in any given direction without any consideration to the situation on the continent.

Cobalt TR typically wins only 15-20% of alerts in large part because they ignore the objectives and also in part because we can't coordinate with them. I know a guy in the Swedish Outfit, at least a couple of them know enough English to coordinate, same with the French and German units. But the Russians (broadly) don't seem interested in coordination.
  12. Pacster3

So TR wins 15-20%. NC wins nothing at all according to Hans. I wonder where the 80% victories are for VS. I think we have been more around 35-40% lately...
  13. oOHansOo

@Pacster3: I didn't say the NC never wins alerts. What i'm saying is, NC can't win alerts during primetime, when the most players are online. When the player numbers are lower overall, NC can and does win alerts, because a small, but coordinated team of 1 or 2 squads rapidly jumping around the map to respond has a chance to actually change the tide of a battle.
    But against a zerg, or 4 to 5 bases fighting overpop, those 20 people won't make a difference.
    Also, VS did win the most of the alerts for some time. That did change in the last 1 or 2 months i think. Don't know why though.
  14. Towie

Yes - agreed - if there's a serious overpop then the little guy doesn't stand a chance no matter how well they coordinate. Same for the double-teamed.

VS historically won the most alerts on Cobalt although plenty of those were in the small hours when the servers were very quiet. With equal pops it actually turned out pretty even over the long run - sometimes a particular faction would be a bit more dominant but overall it kinda levelled out.

There was a change to the population balancer which now allows a much greater potential overpop and seems to be balanced around two factions - this hit VS hard as they tended to be underpop overall and now they are facing two larger opponents. VS went through a long spell of winning very little primetime.

HOWEVER over the past two weeks this has changed again - NC in particular have great difficulty getting their people onto a continent, if you can get out at all (lots of time will be spent in Koltyr). So this leaves various uncoordinated individuals trying to take on often coordinated opponents and the result isn't good.

Summary: It's a bit of swings and roundabouts ! May all change again next week...
  15. Crash Bandicoot

-I can say the same thing about NC on Cobalt because the truth is NC and TR tend to fight each other most of the time. Actually, this weekend there was an alert where VS was winning and guess what NC did...you might have been there. NC focused most of their forces against TR almost ignoring VS when they should be fighting VS. So many times I see TR being doubleteamed on Cobalt, it's not even funny. A continent unlocks, without TR having won an alert, and you see TR borders on fire by the time battles start with TR being outnumbered on all fronts.

I have taken a look at TR and NC players stats on Cobalt and I noticed that we both tend to fight each other more (including myself) and it's something the game also implies in a way imo...that we are each others nemesis and there is also VS. That's the feeling I get.

-As for the Russians, sure they have a different mentality and they are kinda sloppy in their approach of taking actions and I am not saying it in a racist way...it is what it is and we all know that and they even know that. But it gets bad sometimes and annoying for the rest of us.

I had a recent incident with them that was not pleasant at all. I had deployed a sundy near a generator in a good place to start an attack quickly and wait for others to come. After a while they arrive with their leader and they start shouting at me to move the sunderer that was not bothering them at all in any way. They destroyed mine just to deploy theirs...
  16. Towie

It does look this way recently - but a few weeks ago - it was always VS who were double-teamed and with a smaller pop they were basically warpgated most of the time on an alert continent.
    As I keep saying - the two biggest issues with PS2 right now are double-teaming and population balance. Suggestions to resolve both have been put forward - DBG need to try something.

...at least they communicated in a way you could understand ! (Every cloud...)
  17. Luicanus

To be fair the numbers I used came from January, TR was around 15-20% NC was 30-35% and VS was ~50%

I've not seen recent numbers but I understand TR recently reorganized and we've been winning more as a result.
  18. AtckAtck

Yes, i wouldn't call it reorganizing really... It is just that we germans are loosing more and more players, others are leaving their outfits because they are not happy anymore. And it is always about the same topics: Personal differences, too hardcore, too casual, too small squads, not enough teamplay.

Actually i left my last oufit some time ago.
    I think it actually kicked them down in the outfit ranking,;)
    Of course you let a 80 Million Score Player leave your outfit.... Bad leadership at it's best.:rolleyes:
    Guess what happend in the next weeks? More players left.
    This is what you call reorganizing...:oops:

So yes, the good/organized players are breaking apart more and more.
    What remains are the derps of this game, the 0.3 K/D trash with no clue.
    Which brings me back to why Zerg Russ is a big problem for cobalt...:rolleyes:
  19. Scythian

I left my main TR character on cobalt a long while ago because of those zergfits, no communication no tactics no teamplay... just waves of zerglings moving around one base to another without a clue which only lead to total destruction of tr community. With organised teamplay VS always dominated the server so easy and it was suffocating. Now i play on miller each faction has orginased outfits and community is great so the game is really challenging and enjoyable here. I hope they dont merge any server in future because it will be very sad to see those russian zergfits in miller because most likely they will ruin the community in miller too...
  20. ObiVanuKenobi

ZERG RUSS [3epg] isn't actually fully russian, their "leadership" is so they attract mostly russians but they also spam invites to everyone so there's a good amount of non-russian noobs and new players who have no idea what they're joining.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.