Cobalt Population ..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orakel, Aug 11, 2017.

1. BorgUK1of9

2. BorgUK1of9

Could we get double XP, double nanites and increased shields when one empire is massively below the other empires, at least then the few troops on stand a fighting chance agains the overpop ?
  3. DeadlyOmen

Social Justice gone insane.
    • Up x 1
  4. BorgUK1of9

What I have suggested is not in any way different to what they did in Planetside 1 to help resolve this issue ?
    If it worked in PS1 it will work in PS2.
  5. DeadlyOmen

Scripted win algorithms got us to the point of holding crutches as more important than shoes.
  6. BorgUK1of9

OK then, so what would your solution be to population imbalance.
  7. LordKrelas

Nanites = Force Multiplier spam more often, more constant.
    Increased Shields means, any fight that isn't 1:3 odds is in favor of the underpop do to shields only.

You'd ensure the overpop puts 3 people per every ally in the underpop, to ensure the enhanced shields & swarm of tanks, maxes, and grenade spam doesn't deny them the win.

At least the EXP wouldn't cause that side-effect.
    Not bloody that.

Some people don't like NC, Some don't like TR, Some don't like VS.
    Rather than ensure the overpop is required at every fight, due to Enhancements for the global underpop, you encourage not discourage, keeping pops equal, or slightly higher or lower.
    You encourage Coordination, and teamwork in taking down targets - But not when it is excessive
    2-4 Focus Fire sure. Perhaps a Coordination Bonus.
    6-8? Nothing.

If you make it more profitable to work in coordinated groups, not Zergs, you make zerging unprofitable.
    And since Zerging presently get net a lot of EXP, rather than discourage any grouping, you encourage smaller works.
    Not with punishments - As only if excessive does it work, and even then, it has a triggering time.
    Encouragements can be more easily controlled & adjusted, and less prone to accidental punishments for things not in those players control.

Like say one squad is at a base, another rolls in, triggering punishments; that causes resentment of anyone outside the group.
    That is counter-productive in a team-game.
  8. CapEnTrade

Listen, I hate the Vanu as much as any Daybreak developer, but I simply can not advocate for their complete removal, as I fear it would make those redneck NC pick up too many people. Red is the best color.
  9. DeadlyOmen

Get with a good platoon and win locally.
  10. DIGGSAN0

Maybe if you stop insulting VS in yell chat they would like to play more...
  11. DemonicTreerat

This.

Its funny. Seems as if certain folks can't grasp that if the prominent outfits of a faction on a server act like ********* and blame everyone but themselves for losing eventually there will be a reaction. Only it won't be their becoming leaders, instead those "zerglings" will get sick of them and A) put them on ignore and forget they exist or B) move to another server/ faction where they don't get verbally abused and told to "suck it up and git gud" by those whose reaction to a hard fight is to bail to the next cert farm.

The thing that convinced me to stick with Emerald NC was extremely simple. They reminded me the most of VS Emerald in PS1 before Samhayne and his "elite's are the only ones that matter" toadies killed the game mid-revival. Very little tolerance for abuse being hurled in /orders or /yell and a whole lot more effort to lead by example. Then again maybe that is why, while the VS and TR suffer from bad population drops when they aren't winning, the NC population stays fairly stable or increases even when we're being pushed back by 2 factions with a combined 60% or more of the population.

Sun Tzu summed it up pretty well when it comes to leading others in any setting.
    "Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    • Up x 2
  12. Tankalishious

I'm i the only ***.er around here that likes the game more when I'm outpopped and doubleteamed by NC and TR?
    Having a target rich environment is the best thing in this game. It translates to 200-250 certs per hour EASY, unsubbed and unboosted.
    • Up x 1
  13. FLHuk

Quite right. Login, check server pop, select char of least pop faction, profit.
  14. LtBomber1

Well, beeing underpoped (VS Miller, lately around 25%) is not that easy, if you are playing for terretory.
    While i wish equal pop, i have to admit that i am feeling fine, as long as i find enjoyable fights.

My tip:
    -Some bases can be held with great underpop, if you have a few ppl knowing how to do (often cheese invovled, but overpop is also cheese!)
    -Dont take every fight, if you cant do anything, leave and fight somewhere else, or set up defense.
    -Be a spawn room hero
    -Use power multiplier, use teamwork
    -Sometimes great outfits/the underpop fraction ignore one empire at all and just focus on one, a legit way if in underpop. The overpop can ghostcap and maybe cut you off, but why care? They wont have fun, too.
    -Built your own base, PMB are well defendable.
  15. FateJH

As long as you get the chance to kill things (or have something to support).
  16. velie12

Cobalt VS pop is fine, having more pop than we have now would be too OP.
  17. BorgUK1of9

I have moved from Miller to Cobalt as the pops there are more equal, started a new VS char and activated my 6 month Alpha Squad boost. The only issue I have with Cobalt VS is the number of un-outfitted VS playing, there seems to be a lack of dominating outfits which leads to poor communication..

However that aside the 33 33 33 pops makes such a difference to the 25 40 40 on Miller, its actually possible to defend a bio lab and not get steamrollered. Also TR and NC dont make a concerted effort on Cobalt to ignore each other as they do on Miller to have an 4 to 1 lets push VS all the way back to the warpgate.

Interesting for me playing a low VS char again without BR120 certs, I have had low BR chars on NC and TR now for a few years which I play for a day every now and again, VS at low BR is defo harder than NC and TR. On MIller and Cobalt the majority of gravy train switchers and new players seem to go to TR.
  18. Towie

The two largest VS outfits on Cobalt are TRID (Trident) and TFDN (The Foundation) - both are good but there are differences. TRID will often require you to be on their teamspeak server and will not have a public squad. TFDN are a bit more relaxed about it and will often have a public squad.

But seriously - both are good and you will have fun with either.

(Oh and I agree with Velie - the VS population on Cobalt is fine right now, in fact way better than it has been at points in the past)
    • Up x 1
  19. BorgUK1of9

TRID sounds like DIG on Miller pretty much the same, I am looking for an outfit that regularly has platoons and objectives so thanks for the info.

So the complaints about the VS pops on all the servers (apart from Cobalt) has now started on the Steam Community Forums...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218230/discussions/0/1471967615888926111/
  20. velie12

DIG zergs way more than TRID from what I have seen