CME Vs. NS-11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by DarkStarII, Feb 6, 2016.

1. DarkStarII

So I'm deciding on another assault rifle and my choices are these two. From what I've heard, these two are similar but the NS-11A is superior to the CME in multiple ways. However, I've never really been a fan of NS weapons. So is there really much of a difference?
  2. Shaengar

Wrel answers it all.

3. DarkStarII

I'm going for the CME, I don't like how the NS-11A feels.
  4. Ragnarox

CME IS BAD:
  5. DarkStarII

Would you care to expand on that comment?
  6. asmodraxus

5 less rounds in a clip, identical stats wise (apart from bullet drop) to the NS15, your choice is 5 less rounds worth the lack of bullet drop?

Considering the only weapons that bullet drop you need to worry about are sniper rifles, long range scout rifles and AV weapons.
  7. cobaltlightning

The CME sorta feels like a mid-range powerhouse: Its recoil is too high to extend its reach, and the hip-fire kinds limits its CQC potential

The NS-11A operates mostly the same, except it trades the overall killing potential of the CME for some extra versatility. This helps make up for the CME's CQC downsides, since its hipfire is a bit tighter than the CME's

For Ranged, CME is obviously your bettter choice. NS-11A has a higher FSR, but generally the CME is a lot easier to control, vertically at least. Horizontally you're gonna need a forward grip, and the addition of the compensator will only add onto the controlability. CME can also take high velocity ammo, but with onyl a 2m/s increase and an extra 10% recoil, it's not worth it.

As stated before, the NS-11A favours versatility, and can be used for both ranged and CQC, even in the same battle. As with all NS weapons, it recoils up-and-left, which requires some extra training. Soft Point Ammo, a compensator and a laser sight will keep you ready for any engagement. Did I mention Soft Point is always a must on any weapon that can take it?

If purchasing with your IRL monies, Ignore everyone else and get the NS Weapon(s). Don't care if you don't like them, having that versatility across all your characters is more of a small boon than anything.
  8. DarkStarII

After some deliberation I bought the CME. So far it's my favourite assault rifle, although the Terminus is likely going to beat it when I get 'round to actually purchasing it. I've only trialed it as I'm saving it for last. :)
  9. Dualice

Nobody has mentioned the .75ADS on the NS-11A, which is arguably the biggest advantage it has over the CME. However I'd have gone for the CME too just out of faction-specifc-ness. The NS weapons just feel so out of place on a VS character.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Yeah the Terminus is a monster.
  10. Ragnarox

I can't explain it, but after corvus it was painful to grind that bad weapon. It was my 4th aux weapon and terminus after cme saved me. CME is such a bad weapon.
  11. TechNecro

I actually really like the CME a lot, and choose it over the Corvus. I prefer it when I'm planning to engage mostly mid range to slightly further. Anything closer or for more aggressive roles I do HV45 or Terminus. The rate of fire just makes it feel more appealing to me over the Corvus. Oddly enough the only weapon I've aurax'd faster than the CME was the Artemis.
  12. DarkStarII

I prefer it over the Corvus too :)
  13. Dumpsterprophet

So you cant even back up your own opinion? Funny.

Anyway the cme is a great gun. Good fire rate, low recoil its only second to the kill machine (corvus) in terms of laying waste to your enemies.