CM Mithril, did the developers have any ideas to improve or change the Construction System?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RiP0k, Aug 4, 2022.

1. RiP0k

Or are there still no plans for this system?
    Thanks in advance for the answer.
  2. RiP0k

3. TR5L4Y3R

there are non
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings, there are no plans for this year however we may provide another roadmap update next year where you can follow our content plans for the year.
    • Up x 2
  5. lemurwrangler

sad/moo
    • Up x 2
  6. OSruinedPS1

7. AuricStarSand

I wager they are working on new player guide features or some pub platoon stuff.

Silos are fine enough after harvest is easier.
    Build a vehicle term inside your base & not outside of it & then just layer the walls front of you with environment terrain behind you. & defend your silo with a few lightning pulls & use LA with ambusher jet not engi while driving the lightning(s).

My biggest gripe with construction is getting flailed or os'ed tho at least those have counters, even if time management wise its unlikely you have time to build & defend. Tho still at least theirs ways to defend, if you find the enemy glaive first.

Infil bombers haven't bothered me for many months, so they are ok too, after bombs no longer destroy modules with 1 hit.
    So really the only thing silo owners have to deal with that has no easy way of defending. Is if enemy tanks outnumber you & are outside your walls. So really the main rival to silos is enemy vehicles, so how good is your av skills. Or more likely how easy is it for a pub squad lead to have allies stay defending?

Tho I did see a enemy silo use their shield module; makes walls immune to dmg for some time. Which was more effective that I usually see. As VS had 40 vehicle shooting the walls & nc had 20 defenders. Yet the base stayed standing for a good amount of minutes, due to someone hitting the shield module 4 to 8 times.

Either way no other popular mmo's for any game right now. Nor fps titles. Not for 2 years maybe. So construction isn't going to retain new players. So they best give attention to that field.
  8. RiP0k

I personally do not want to return to the game until the Construction System is improved or changed in it. Because this system almost does not affect anything in this game. Most of the players disdain to use it. Yes, and too large size No Building Zone. Because of what this system partly ignores most of the battles.

They MUST reduce NBZ. And either return the invulnerability of the walls. Or make ready-made base layouts that you can immediately install, and place the modules and Silo inside yourself. And really the best solution is to remove the NBZ altogether. It will breathe new life into this system.
  9. Swaith

I personally enjoy the system, it takes some guile and with limited placement zones stops EVERY individual producing a base, its is both tactically and statistically better to group a bunch of players together to make a multi faceted base over the individual bases. Or a tactical quick base with little to give it away on the outskirts of a fight to provide a quick router placement.

it works great, it has nice character, different uses and doesn't replace core gameplay while still adding something new for players to explore when they want to play a more supportive role. The shields are balanced, the weapons are fairly balances - multiple players can make a very tough base, single players can make a defendable position.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

problem with it be it solo or group build it requires too much tankrushing to bring a PMB down, so imho at the very least the silo should be overloadable similar to the old HIVEs as to offer infantry a objective to go for aside from destroying modules while being grinded to shredds by semi automated defenses ... painfields (and i say this as a PMB builder myself) should not be a thing, routingspire i´m honestly also not a fan of as imo it kinda takes the porpuse away for the PMB to be a forward stagining facility ..

they also should indeed decrease no build zones AND make building/rebuilding to a different location be quicker and more flexible .. a small addition would be to add a shield in the oppening of the bunker when coupled with a shieldmodule, as it´s too easily hackable by infils imo, vehicle and aircraft terminals are at least somewhat open ..

also also ... for gods sake plz create no buildzone around cortium spawns .... i´m friggin tired of players blocking them with Silos ..