Close Combat Infiltrator Build

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Elky, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadCatter

The OP's spec works off of hip firing, which is why the compensator and laser sight are needed. They do NOT have the same COF, I don't know why you think they do. Why would you fight at close range without a compensator to dampen the recoil, and a laser spot to aim when blindfiring, when you could use both of them on a gun that does the same damage and is already more accurate.

Nyx COF Stand Hip Still/Move/Sprint/Jump: 3/3.5/5/7
    Phantom
    COF Stand Hip Still/Move/Sprint/Jump: 6.5/6.75/6.75/7
  2. Elky

Not to mention the rate of fire is slower on the semi-auto snipers than the Nyx, and the reload time is 1.3 seconds longer. The Nyx just outperforms the semi-auto snipers in every single category, and can have better attachments.
  3. Benton!

Not true. Just bought the semi-auto sniper rifle with iron sights and I can actually beat people that get the drop on me. It only takes 3 body shots to drop infantry. And if you actually looked at the stats, you would know that it beats the scout rifle on everything but reload speed, CoF and attachments, but takes one less bullet to kill someone.
  4. Elky

The semi-auto snipers do less sustained damage because the rate of fire is lower, they have a larger COF and cannot use any attachments that would lower the COF to make the weapon actually viable in close range combat. I honestly have no idea why someone would use a semi-auto sniper over the Nyx, there is literally no advantage.
  5. Skythor

the semi-auto snipers guns just arent as good, theres a lot of instances like that in this game, its so people can buy station points. the amount of station points/certs to buy the nyx is a lot more than the phantom, because the weapon just isnt as good. not that hard to understand.
  6. Benton!

Have you used both? It takes 3 shots to bring down infantry, compared to 4 for the scout rifle. Yes, it does have a slower rate of fire, but it only takes three rounds to kill. It's hard to explain, you really have to try it out for yourself to see. If you are someone who hip-fires at close and mid range though, forget about it. However it suits my play style, I killed two players who both got the drop on me with it. The iron sights are awesome, I dunno if I would want any sights. I have used both weapons, and much prefer this.

By the way, the scout weapon has more recoil, and MUCH more bullet drop, not that it really matters.

Anyway to each their own. If you primarily hip fire, then the scout + laser sight is the only way to go. But I am a bodyshotting scoper (if that makes sense) so I love this weapon. I found it much easier for my play style then the scout weapon, the versatility goes from headshotting a sniper, to outclassing a heavy from 5m, with the same weapon. I don't see myself using my pistol except for really close range, because the CoF really does suck. But I don't like relying on something random like CoF anyway.
  7. BillNye The Vanu Guy

The semi automatic snipers are just cheaper guns than the scout rifles. Its the same for the bolt action snipers as well, the ghost is just a cheaper version of the v10, it has 100 less velocity but is otherwise the same gun. They want you to pay extra if you want better things.
  8. BillNye The Vanu Guy

You should really stop giving out incorrect information, most of the players here dont understand the mechanics enough to know your not giving out correct information.

The nyx and the phantom both have 0 bullet drop, as in the bullets dont drop, ever. With the compensator the Nyx has much less recoil than the Phantom. The Nyx takes 3 shots to bring down infantry as well, you are really confused. 2 Headshots kills heavy armor and below with BOTH weapons. 1 headshot and 1 body shot kills infiltrators with BOTH weapons, 1 headshot and 2 body shots kills heavy and light armor with BOTH weapons.
  9. Benton!

If you are using Vanu weapons, of course there is no bullet drop. But there is for the other factions, and it is huge.

By the way, where do you get the "3 hit body shot" stat?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18iHeEyQTl_yR13mwSaQXR__Lv5mtvzPEPd1Tq1u3Rr0/edit

This is taken from the big master spreadsheet with all the weapons in the game. PROOF that the Impetus beats the Shadow at RoF, and bullet drop, damage, and recoil.

And the fact that the scout rifle has less recoil with an attachment is not a valid argument. I could also say that Impetus lets me not show up on the map and is quieter (silencer) AND lets me have less recoil. Is that valid?

Look, I am not denying that the Scout rifle is a bad rifle. It is great. I loved using it. However, I feel the Impetus is a better pick, unless you like firing from the hip. Opinion vs Opinion. This is good as it lets players become more imformed, but having someone say "THIS IS BETTER DONT GET THAT THING" is not helping.
  10. TheMadCatter

They take the same amount of shots to kill infantry, genius.
  11. TheMadCatter

It's not even an opinion, the gun is just worse in every area, that's is why it costs a lot less to buy. Only reason someone would use it over the shadow is if they don't have enough money to buy it.
  12. Elky

Please do as everyone else in this thread is asking and stop posting misinformation in this thread, you are confusing people who are generally interested in information between the weapons. As the others said in previous posts, it takes 3 body shots to kill infiltrators with both of the weapons, or one headshot and one body shot. The recoil is much worse without the attachments, and there is no bullet drop on the nyx. I really could care less that there is bullet drop on the shadow, as I haven't mentioned it one time in this entire thread. The Nyx has no bullet drop, and the Nyx is what I've been talking about.
  13. Skythor

if you could actually read, hes saying the scout rifle only works WITH the compensator attachment, so yes it has MUCH less recoil than the semi-auto snipers with it on. YES you show up on the minimap more because of it. the weapons both take the same amount of shots to kill infiltrators to heavy armor.
  14. TheMadCatter

Can you guys please just ignore Brenton! and talk about something constructive, its obvious he doesnt understand whats being said to him, its been said 10 times in a row, contintuing to say it isnt going to magically ring a bell in his head.
  15. Raidashi

Well, since we are talking about the Nyx here, can it be said the same would work with the Shadow? I'm an NC toon myself and i've dumped vastly too many certs/SC in to look back. Sad too, because the rest of the NC in my server are absolute *******...

I think the biggest issue is that the weapon, whether or not its competent in its own regard, i dont know because i have used neither version, is not valid for the application that they are stating, which is a hip fired close range weapon that can be scoped to hit accurately at range (as an after thought).

also, last note... the compensator reduces hipfire accuracy... isnt that counter intuitive to the goal of the setup?
  16. Benton!

Of course it is counter intuitive. But don't try to argue with these guys...cause they are right...
  17. Raidashi

Well they aint here right now so tell me how this **** works. I'm actually setting up for it right now (i gave the shadow a second try the way you mentioned, and it is actually pretty effective) I just wonder what the compensator is actually supposed to do for me...
  18. Benton!

Compensator reduces recoil, but adds increased firing noise, and a bigger visibility range on the map. It also makes your hip-firing less accurate (increases your CoF). Adding the laser just reduces your CoF. So with both attachments, I believe you just get less recoil at the cost of increased firing noise, and a bigger visibility range on the map. Personally, I think a silencer is the better option for being sneaky, but I am interested in how this all works out.

And yes, the Shadow DOES take FOUR shots to kill infantry (three for infiltrators).
  19. Elky

And in the end you get a weapon that has much less COF, and much less Recoil than the semi-snipers. Yes, you have a bigger visibility range on the map, and yes it takes 3 shots to kill infiltrators. But thank you for saying it 100 different times this thread Benton.
  20. Elky

The compensator reduces the recoil of the weapon, the laser sight helps with your hip firing accuracy, which is how you fight in close range fights. Come out of stealth crouched and burst shot at their head, like an AK in CS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.