Cloaking - What can see me?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CoffeeBreak, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Booface

You can still be seen in deep cloak, even though it's very faint. Usually it's not enough for someone to catch you, but sometimes depending on what you're silhouetted against a really perceptive player can catch it.

Also, and this sucks, but sometimes weapons attachments stay in the least visible stage. So they'll see a floating magazine or rail or something sticking out like a sore thumb. There's also a glitch where if someone spawns in or is traveling very fast, you won't appear cloaked to them right away. Apparently both of these are going to be fixed soon.

Aside from that, I don't think you're visible to proximity radar and other radar anymore so long as you stay still. But if you moved even a tiny bit, a perceptive player will see your dot and can make a pretty good educated guess as to where you are. This can also happen if you're doing something like capping a point; just from doing it myself so many times I can usually guess right away or after only a few tries where a ghost-capping stalker is hiding.

If you can be certain it's none of those, do a report. The player who got you might not have been doing anything wrong, but it'll get sorted.
  2. DragonOps

"What can see me?"
    -Any player above BR 50.
    -Anyone with a dark light.
    -Anyone right next to you.
    -Anyone at a good angle.
    -Anyone who looks at a minimap while there are motion sensors.
    -Anyone with good eyes.
    -Anyone with max graphical settings.

What can't see you?
    Newbs with a horrible computer who get killed by you and start crying enough for stalker cloak never to be viable.
  3. ShootMeThankYou

1. It's much easier to see you during daytime than night
    2. Won't pick apart if you sprint etc., but I often spot cloaked infils because of what is behind them. Very much depends on texture, lights, sky etc.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghoest

Aiming your weopon can even give you away. Turning to look around is practically waving a flag.
  5. pnkdth

Always assume everyone can see you. Always.

Use the cloak as concealment, not as stealth. Move outside the area of where the enemy is focusing on and outflank. Also, use the noise and chaos around you to effectively hide in plain sight.

Do not overuse the cloak. The sound can be heard over ridiculous ranges. This is probably the most common reason for hackusations I get as people wonder how I could possibly know they're there.

You must remain perfectly still to enter deep cloak. Also, do not sit in obviously places or where people might bump into you. If I hit a random invisible wall in the middle of a room it tells me there's an infiltrator there.

Your sensor darts/device are a dead give away BUT can also be used as bait.
  6. Rikkit

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1280

quote from Patchnotes 23/07/2015:
    Addressed some issues with Darklight Flashlight attachment effect synchronization
    maybe fixed, need to test...

Have someone doublechecked this bug?
  7. CuteBeaver

Yeah its been fixed since the changes to crouch cloaked movement. :)

Laser sights don't show up beyond 5 meters. Same bug but different attachment. It really doesn't do anything negative to gameplay.
  8. Stainlesssteel

Get a friend from another faction..let him cloak you simply pass by his position from different distances..than let him move past you from different distances ...
    That you repeat on low graphic settings , medium and high !
    For me on high settings i have much less trouble finding cloakers than on low settings...ibut you should try for yourself
  9. TRNCVS

I get this creepy feeling someone is watching me... that's usually what gives them away.:eek: