Cloaking takes away the fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMansikka, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Scroffel5

While I do agree that different weapons should have different headshot multipliers, it doesn't really make sense to turn a bolt action sniper into a slower semi auto weapon that doesn't reward you for the kills you do get, since you could have done it faster, easier, and with more ammo to spare with a semi auto rifle. If it can't OHK or deal massive damage to the body, what is the advantage over the semi autos? If your primary is a finisher and your secondary is a finisher, then you have an even longer TTK, since you have to hit them once with your primary, switch to your secondary if they are too close, and shoot at them some more on a full health target. If this is the case, can we finally get some AV capabilities to offset the new lack of AI capabilities we have?

Then, now that your damage is nerfed and you can't OHK, what if you miss? Now it is going to be really hard for you to kill anyone without playing cat and mouse, and thats only if there is one assailant. Granted, too many people in this game don't notice when they have been shot at with a sniper, even though it makes a distinctive sound, therefore they don't react or adapt, but for those that do, you are even more screwed. Now you are a headhunter that isn't rewarded for hitting the head, and if you miss, you are most likely dead, and if you hit the body, you are probably very dead since you do less damage than you do now.

CQC snipers are pretty hard to hit at long range as is, but there is probably still room for a nerf. As for LR's being worse in close range, thats what we call a Gyrojet. It has rocket propelled bullets that get faster as the range goes on. Its not a good gun. The bullets can be stopped by your hand in close range, and the accuracy is crap at long range. Plus, LR's shouldn't be nerfed in close range by damage. They should be harder to use in close range. Thats how most weapon nerfs should go. They don't necessarily always need a damage, mag size, reload speed, recoil control, or accuracy nerf. They just need to be harder to use in one way, shape, or form. Thats how you should counter-balance snipers.

This isn't to say that I think LR snipers aren't balanced. In my personal opinion, I think CQC BASRs aren't. Also, Infiltrators shouldn't have SMGs. They should solely be a headhunting, accuracy class. Gunnarson has the right idea. If you know him, you know how good of a Scout Rifle main he is and how well he uses positioning.
  2. AuricStarSand

Useless? Just because you have to move 2 feet to start combat? Naw it's extremely useful, the 8 sec cloak timer happens fast. Easy to use or score kills with. Not only that but you can time your shield & counter infils with it.

Hypocrite alert! Anyone go back & read the previous replies. This guy is the first & only one, that used the words " noob ", " I'm better than you ", or linking " stats ". Never even called you a noob, nor cared about your personal playstyle, or if I was better. That's all you, buddy. 100%

I'm not bragging, every reply was defending being called a " meh " player, " who's experience isn't enough, to know what he's talking about ", or whatever they started with throwing at me.

1) Stalker infil is a front liner. Should I not? & Just play HA like everyone else. After all no other stalker is rarely next to me, I'm mostly the only one up front. & I'm not saying that to sound pro, I wish their were more stalker homies around, their aren't. Tho with patience & avoiding their eyes, I can sneak far enough, to the front. Minus getting shot in the back, by a ally, once awhile. Or the first to step on all the enemy mines.

2) Magrider: I travel a lot = not hill camping = it's really that simple, I never hill camp. I get why vanguard & prowler do it tho, their abilities favor it, still doesn't mean they HAVE to. Like I said the best prowler is charging me with a gatekeeper 2nd gunner = dead magrider. 360 view awareness prowler charging magriders to their face with gatekeeper > lame prowlers who camp the Crown on a hill near Crossroads for example. Tho you play NC, so same charge with vehicle armor ability, & ye I know it depends on the environment layout. Long story short, magrider sucks at close range. Some enemy, pros know that more than others. That gatekeeper prowler, goes on killstreaks of killing magriders all across the map, so apparently finding that position isn't as hard as people make it out to be.

3) lol teamkills haha, I use to do it as a joke once per hour, till Wildcards started crying about it (few years ago). Even tho it was only done during the end of capping base, with no action around. Now adays I may cortium bomb a spawn room, after a bio lab cap, as a joke, my faction knows what's up. I don't tk anymore as a joke, not talking cort bombs, tho, people PM you with " I can't believe you've done this " even if no fight is nearby & they aren't on a killstreak. I personally don't mind if someone jokedly tk's me during a no action region, once per hour. Not gonna cry about it & get them kicked out of BabyCards outfit, who can't handle jokes.
  3. JustGotSuspended

BRs are pretty broken and would have to be reworked with th hs multiplier nerf as well. The idea is to turn snipers more into scavenger weapons. You use the cloak to pick out your slightly damaged target, and finish them with a headshot. The damage with hs can still be high, let's say 900 or 950. The important thing is it doesn't 1hk full health targets, so people can still have a chance to react. Also important is that body shots from snipers are significantly decreased in damage, so it encourages headshots.

Snipers would still be easier to use than brs, since no recoil, perfect accuracy, less damage drop-off, and deal more damage if you land your headshot (which would still likely grant you a kill, even if it only dealt 950dmg).
  4. JustGotSuspended

Again??? Why you acting like you're bourne or something. You didn't clean up your tracks buddy, I literally need to go back 1 page to pull up quotes of you barging in implying people who can't deal with infils aren't as good as you or whatever.

I point out I've seen you play and you prolly shouldn't claim absurdities like that, and in your next post you double down, further implying only noobs have issues with the class. And that you're the best player on conenry or whatever. Then I pulled out the stats and blasted your claims out the water. You tried further doubling down, seen it didn't work and now make a 360 and claim you were never preoccupied with skill.

Anyway the rest is kinda sad so I'm just gonna leave it there dude
  5. AuricStarSand

Snipers are for sure, the least infantry class most people die to. Most fights are door fights, that's a no brainer = simple. Telling a new player that, has nothing to do, with you trying to sound like your better in any way.

As for best harasser, magrider, & c4 fairy for my faction, that's still a fact, by viewing who's around me at any given time. It also wasn't my opening conversation piece, it was a defensive reply. However you open with, " I'm better than you, look at my silly no lifer stats". That's no defensive reply, that's just how you act with everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if you pm'ed people " learn to play". Your name fits you. Which is why this debate is over.

As for the topic, nerf CQC snipers 1 shotting people (peekaboo style), & be done with it.

P.s. Taking a break from PS2 for 6 months, till they buff AV turrets to solo 4+ approaching enemy tanks. (plus r/l reasons) This debate got as spicy as trying to tell people covid was a lie on fb, but that's old news. Jedi Fallen Order, for the brief free time. HF, Later.
  6. JibbaJabba

Ok so, my bad. You don't have to leave the hex to get cortium. You can just start outside the hex and then technically you won't be leaving. LOL, ok. That changes nothing about my point.

Fair enough. Once it comes time to USE the cloak there are similarities and I get that.

But to re-quote....

This would be my point.

The net result is the Ant is barely seen on the battlefield and thus not really annoying.

And again you don't really see the battle ant much because of this balancing.

If you put similar chores into using a wraith flash, fewer people would use it and it would be far less effective and changing the game experience of others.

Now let's get some L2P from you. :) We know it's coming...

Stop. See? So eager to L2P an answer you miss the point. :p

By the time you make this decision the cloak has already made it's negative impact on gameplay. For let's say a harasser, to get to this decision point would have required an earlier one: Ignore the approaching harasser, or the one that just finished it's first roadkill pass. This earlier decision does not exist for the wraith. It simply isn't seen before, or becomes lost inbetween passes.

Your Skill and what you do next... well it doesn't matter. The fact you were placed into this pickle to begin with is the bull **** part of having invisible stuff in a PvP 3D Shooter.

Ya think??

THEN DO IT!

OMG this is what I'm saying. Take the cloak off the flash or take the weapons off of the wraith.

You both argue that it can't be done (don't take away the cloak!) AND argue that it can be done (it's not like you couldn't have done it with...)

Which you might note is the a chief complaint here.

Then lets discuss it no more?
  7. Demigan

Nah the Stalker is a rear-liner, a saboteur. It does badly on the frontlines. That is where the SMG infil is good, not the Stalker. Its also kinda weird to say "I lead people on the frontlines by always running in first!" Only to be a Stalker who tries to avoid combat until someone else takes fire. "Dont worry bro I got your back as a Stalker, I'll attack when you are dead..."
    Now if you were actually doing the frontline then how is your Stalker an inspiration for others? Stalkers are known for not helping until they can easily pick off a target, so you would have to be known to the players who you try to inspire. But their only inspiration would be "I wish he took another class that could take a few more bullets", since your track record with Stalker weapons is not good so they cant rely on you to accomplish anything while shouting LEEEEEEROOOOOY JENKINS".

Heh you dont even know what you wrote here right?
    "Magrider isn't a hill farmer because its not designed for it! Also its not designed for CQC!".
    So what is it designed for then? We can look at its capabilities: its the best at getting on hills and raining shots down and its great in CQC if you use terrain to your advantage (which I know from experience using the Magrider).
    You claim you arent a hilltop farmer but that doesnt matter since you do farm infantry anyway regardless of a hilltop or not. Also you seem to think the Gatekeeper is any good, its not. At the best of times it more or less keeps up with the Halberd in terms of vehicle kills but it sucks balls at killing infantry so its just worse.

Hey, maybe when the people tell you they dont like it, its a sign that "your faction" does not know whats up and that it is no joke to them especially when you do it out of combat on purpose. Maybe just maybe it is a sign that you are wrong and the faction does not know whats up and that it is not really that funny of a joke, if you can call it that.
    And if you are wrong about even that, what else could you be wrong about?
    • Up x 2
  8. AuricStarSand

1) I guess I'm saving HA & ESF for last, to play more of or practice. Or else I just find other classes more fun to main, till then. Ye I suppose pistol is a saboteur, as you line your shots, prior to decloaking, & its more about patience. Knifing doesn't necessarily have to play it safe, if you have adrenaline pufffp, your running around faster than everyone. Possible to catwalk over a wall & try to finish off a whole squad on the stairs solo. The reason knifer makes the front line charge, is the smoke grenade. Actually I play LA ambusher aton & I'm pretty much the only one of my faction throwing down x4 smoke grenades (which I say " only " not to sound better, but just because everyone knows smoke nades are underplayed tbh). However smokes make a good screen wall, for the team rushing points, to feel safer running to point. So really I suppose my front liner is Ambusher LA who tries to double c4 points often. Tho recently I do like 1 carbine the Serpent (or else maybe Baron shotgun). As for Leeroy Jenkins moments, well dropping 2 mines on many people, is that. :)

2) While your right that my fellow Magrider allies, do use their magburners to go up hills & farm infantry or vehicle, by sniping or so. It's not how I play a mag, most the time. Sure I'll test climbing once awhile, or jump in somones 2nd gunner who is hill farming. Tho as far as my own magrider, I believe the magrider is mostly best when you have trees to strafe behind, or small dips of crators to run away to. Basically just objects to juke around or run away to find cover, but hills camping? not so much. Double drifters. As for halberd vs gatekeeper, well theirs literally only 1 prowlers EVER, to ever go on magrider killing spree for weeks at a time. His name starts with a T, I forgot the rest. Tumas or something like that. Tura, idk. As No1livesforever the TR guy - he's good too, but he uses his prowler camping ability more, & is more known more the traditional long range style of prowler play. Which long range style, ye you'd use a halberd. But my magriders havent died as easily or fast or as many times, from any medium to long range prowler. So that leaves just 1 Prowler ever, over many years of playing, who killed all the magriders repeatedly as if it was nothing. That guy had a gatekeeper 2nd gunner. Why? Because gatekeeper does more dps than halberd at close range, it seems, or it just flat out does. The gatekeeper prowlers, would prowl roads that have like 5 foot of hill edge side cover, (blocking the road from side shops), so he was rarely in the open field. He knew how to use his speed to catch up to any magrider, then before you know it you got a gatekeeper hitting your magriders tailfeather, 10 feet behind you lighting you up, & your dead. While he rushes you driving as fast as he can. Then you re-pull & the guy manages to do that again. Then you watch him do it to 10 fellow allied magriders. He's the only 1 the ever do it & no halberd prowler was ever able to kill magriders as if they were nothing, repeatedly. Maybe he had bolster armour, obviously racer spec. The trick seems to find roads with side cover & speed down those roads till you see a magrider, use the side cover of the roads till the magrider tries to hover near to get a side-shot, then race around the road quickly, to get 20 feet away from the magrider. Then ye the gatekeeper out dps's, my own 2nd gunners saron or halberd, at close to mid range.

3) Eh I don't mind if people joke tk me during ghost town moments. It's fine, if it's slow. Aslong as I don't have a bounty & not in a vehicle = all good. They should have the same opinion or else they are little babies, holding a grudge over a game that allows that feature, nor can they take a joke. Nor should Wildcards be called " Wild " at all, if they can't take a joke, which they can't. Tho ye I already stated I stopped the 1v1 jokes years ago, because of the stupid pms of " I can't believe you've done this *british accent* ", & only do cort bomb spawn tubes once awhile. Or the occasional dude that's like, " Oh you tk'ed me years ago, I don't like you, blah blah ", some fool holding a immature grudge about a joke tk during a no fight base, what a lamo. If anything talking about it, makes me want to go tk 1v1 joke people right now, even tho I unistalled the game for a break. Since unlike Wildcards (aka babycards or outfit resource ghostcapper zerger outfit / a outfit that ignores bigger fights 90% of the time), unlike them, I find joke tk's a " Wild " thing to do. Once awhile. I'm never gonna PM someone with, " Why? " If a teamate jokedly killed me with a Amaratasu, after capping a base & no enemies are around. Also when stuff gets slow, nothing is happening. Any form of entertainment is free reigns at that point.
  9. shortstraw

Just left the battle field, infil's every where, 4-5 at a time. Good timing, membership from the kids for ps2 as a xmas present is now going else where. Good job Devs thx
    • Up x 3
  10. GreyGun

Thought about resubbing time and again. Then got shot by a cloaked shotgun flash and put away this thought.

This is the single most annoying, skillless, trolling, fun-killing, frustraiting, maximum-cheese tactic in this game for me.

I am happy that there are so many people out there mature enough to not use it.

But it kills my fun... Therefore I make this pledge: The moment this game gets rid of cloaked insta-kills (like shotgun flash et. al. discussed in this forum) I will resub for a year.
    • Up x 3
  11. AntDX316

If the current cloaking ever gets nerfed to how Minor Cloak works, people would probably completely quit cloaking. Minor Cloak is so incredibly bad. You have to be moving to shoot, you can't turn it off while still. It takes time to shoot way way After you do move around. Sure, if the game was 1 life like DayZ then it would be ok.