Cloaking takes away the fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMansikka, Oct 19, 2021.

1. AuricStarSand

Off topic to reply:
    hahah. Heavy assault mains whining about Infils. OF COURSE heavy assault mains are gonna link their stupid hide for cover headshot K/D's b.s. profiles, that NOBODY ever gives a damn about looking into. Not even gonna clink the link. That's not how being a pro works. You LEAD the front line for your faction, has nothing, to do with k/d. If you believe I don't lead the front line of my faction, be it first to run to point, tell others to do so, run forward with a harasser or so, then you're not even playing Connery. Or so salty to admit it.

As for " we're linking profiles & calling eachother noobs" no dude, you started that all on your own. I personally, don't even remember you, nor " rage tells". Nor would I ever think to link a profile about k/d? I can c4 fairy 20 tanks tanks faster than you & probably have worst K/D attempting it, yet still get more tanks kills faster. The only way to measure this, wouldn't even be with stats, just pull a magrider and show me. Doubt you even double drift. Or else duel me with your vanguard or prowler.... oh wait... your prowler or vanguard are sniping on a hill protecting your precious K/D... pshh my magrider isn't sniping hills like a panzy, never.

Besides that I already know who are the major pro Prowlers or Vanguards on the server & their is only 2 extreme prowler pros & 0 vanguard. So I don't know how stats have to do with that. But as for as MBT that have gave me a hard time 1vs1 verse my magrider. YOU GUYS don't even make the LIST. (names? some guy who's name sounds like "Tumas" or something with a T, & another prowler named No1LivesForever, bout it). So you must be sniper MBT's petting your stats & not real charging dueling 1vs1 pro MBT's. Or else I'd know your name 100%. The pro prowlers def standout like a soar thumb & I make sure to remember their names, not that I have to, they are pros the next week & so on.Why? Because the TR prowler was the only 1 to figure out, that if you rush a magrider. The prowler with gatekeeper, nearly wins every 1vs1, dps wise. Just too much dps, but most prowler pros don't know that, so they rarely charge magriders. As for vanguards, no vanguard has main'ed like a prowler has, yet. Demi, Harasser mains don't play lightnings, tho your faction doesn't even have enough pro Vanguards, so go work on that.

It's charging the front line like a beserker maniac, even if I die or flip or w/e. It's called " action for action ". Not survival for stats. Besides that, my magrider has gone on 60+ vehicle killstreaks, during double xp weekends, idk what that is stat wise, but it's def good enough. Considering I like to drive my harasser x100 times more than I play the magrider anyways. So overall I'm more of a harasser driver main. Heck I've driven harasser more than played stalker infil, TBH.

Dude I already know I lead the best & guess what, my faction WINS more often that your factions, & I'm the main person telling them all to run to points or dropping beacons, so we already beat ya'll thanks, 1,000 times over the years. Shove that where your stats don't shine. Honestly I don't care about sounding pro or elite, I already know my worth, it's just amusing talking about it.

Back on topic:
    Infil doesn't have AV capabilities, see a tank next to you? Nothing. " Most people run flak " My decimator gets 1 shot kills 75% of the time, so actually less than half run flak. HA get at least 3 decent ASP skills, Infil gets 0.

Yeah, you sure don't sound like a HA main / saracasm *rolls eyes*.

Besides knives, what next, nerf pistols? kek. Ye their's sooo many knifer mains... wait I'm the only 1 on the entire server, mkay. Ye some fool may knife during a bio fight, bout it, he's not a main tho. Either way been playing pistols more so, lately.

As for the real problem; close to mid-range Daiymo wannabe sniper rifles (getting headshot, by a infil running around boxes, decloaking 10 feet away / aka TSAR or SR7). Just remove all optics on sniper rifles below 7x zoom or 8x zoom, solves that problem. No sniper should have 6x zoom. If the lowest on those rifles is 7x zoom, then rid 7x zoom, because it's still too near, for close range 1 shots. Or any zoom that allows them to 1 shot you at close to mid-range, so easily.
  2. AuricStarSand

Also out of all 4 years of playing, I blamed my fps for bad infantry aiming. Only this last month, I perfected the sensitivity on the settings, to figure out. That it's not my laptop giving my bad aim for years, it was from being too lazy to perfect the aim sensitivity.

Reason why I was a harasser main or knifer for so long, because my aim only got good, recently. (Tho I'm sure having a desktop pc with more fps, helps too, reason why " Herman " owns, he either has a high performance pc or turns on hacks during a bio fight, 1 or the other, idk which). So finally I can enjoy pistols & aiming & shooting, from 2 months ago till now, def better.. Still I've played aton of LA, & decent amount of medic, & Infils killed me the least on LA or Medic. Biggest enemy for LA? Other enemy LA. Biggest enemy for Medics? Probably HA.

(Not to say that close range sniper headshots, isn't gonna kill me a bunch, it will. Just that luckily, not many people practice close range sniper headshots, even if they are OP, till mid-range optics are nerfed). Which is probably the only thing, we're all gonna agree on, in this thread = nerfing very close range 1 head shot sniper rifles.
  3. Scroffel5

Unnecessary point? I specifically said that if you hate snipers attacking from range, thats how snipers work. This is what a particular player was talking about I'm not talking about the cloak in that circumstance. However, I go on to mention the CQC BASR snipers that are available to every faction. The reason for this is because those are the ones that are affected most by the cloak. But I see the problem with the ease-of-use of the sniper, as an easy-to-use, close range, OHK weapon in a game with higher TTKs than most with players that are hard-wired to aim for the head isn't a good mix. Therefore, I suggested nerfs.

Uh, no. CQC snipers are by far much easier to hit the head on, since you won't be overzoomed nearly as much. The other snipers are much harder to consistently land headshots in close range unless you are cloaked and the person decides to run perfectly straight towards you. To be honest, I do that with the Railjack. I realize someone is coming, cloak, keep an eye on my timer, wait for a good moment, and pop out. THAT is when the cloak is powerful - when they are running directly towards you and have no indication (or at least ignore them) that you are there, infront of them, waiting. However, I still say it is more powerful for SMG Infiltrators for most players, since you don't have to constantly be hitting the head, and other classes can more reliably get kills than snipers, except in no man's land scenarios or when you have eyes on a choke point. I kept getting good streaks at places like Scarred Mesa Skydock, where you can see them coming down the stairs near the vehicle pad while your team approaches. That tree right there is a good place to stop them from hiding, but you can get sniped from their spawn.

Situations like that are where snipers shine the brightest.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

Oboi seems I struck a nerve. Sounds like real chad best player of Connery energy.

I wouldn't call HESH spamming with a magrider from 300m away "front of the lines" so to speak, but whatever floats your boat. Sad you don't click the link though, you'd notice not only I'm not a heavy main, but I've actually got more experience and better performance than you....in literally every playstyle.

You'd also notice my KDR is bad, but my KPM is decent, something that proves I'm an aggressive front lines fighter.

Even if I didn't play on Connery I'd doubt your statements after one quick glance at your stats. The fact I mained there for a few years just confirms my idea of you when I check the stats. Whatever, they aren't important to the discussion so to speak. Do remember however when you pull up the noob argument that there's always someone better than you, so pretending like something is fine and coming up with absurd scenarios you claim are plausible when you've got a profile like yours is obviously an invitation for you to get flamed.

Throwing a tantrum and choosing to ignore reality doesn't make me or anyone else reading your posts feel more comfortable about your suggestions. In fact you just solidify the point most of us are making.

It's weird you're so insecure about KD, no one's ever mentioned it and that's not the only information displayed in the profile. ANd funny enough, had you clicked the link and known to read it, you wouldn't even have bothered to make this argument. Your kpm on both your c4s is 1.4. Mines 1.6 from when I was a noob, 2.4 on the recently unlocked one. And I've got much more kills. I've been LA main for the longest time, so yeah I'm sorry dude but I seriously doubt you'd beat me at that.

I just pull lightning to counter enemy MBTs. I've beating you like that before and will gladly do it again if that amuses you.

What a weird point, I'm not even sure where you're getting at. You're in a thread about infiltrators and you're out here assuming everyone's an MBT main? I'm so confused.

Also the profile I linked is vanu dude lol.

At least until the nerf, there was nothing challenging about going on massive streaks charging the front lines and wiping out everybody using a berserker max. Glad they fixed it but what a weird point.

That's epic dude, but again no idea with how any of this relates to the thread about infiltrators.

My guy as my profile showed I'm a VS main on Connery lol. You spam stuff in region chat and get super angry when it goes ignored (as anything else in region chat) and the few squads you've invited me in are like 4 ppl running magriders or harassers. Relax. Didn't you learn your lesson when you claimed to be the best player on Connery and got instantly blasted? Chill.

Also this is so cringe dude you make it sound like it's 2012 and faction allegiance and alerts still matter. What is wrong with you lmao

Your decimator? The one it says you have a grand total of 22 kills with? Of which 0 are vehicle kills btw. In any case I'm sure you have more experience than me, but as a guy who's completed 3 krakens and is working his way through a 4th one post nerf, I can tell you most people run flak, especially since the nanoweave nerf - which actually benefits infils the most.

Why do you even do this to yourself dude? You know we can easily fact-check what you're saying. Maybe if you want to act this way you should make a fake profile like the others so we can't see your stats.

Weren't you a harasser or magrider main? I'm getting confused. Anyway, got more knife kills than you also, and I didn't even use infil.

Got more kills than you on those also! Either way, I think this paragraph belonged in the "off-topic" rant part of your post.

Wrong again, which doesn't surprise me considering your profile which shows you have little to no use of sniper rifles. So what are you even talking about lol.

One of the biggest issues is quickscope, and I exploited this fully when doing my sniper rifles directives. Hipfire is much too accurate and remains reliable in cqc, and quick-scoping removes the downside of powerful scopes in cqc. But I wouldn't expect you to notice.
  5. JustGotSuspended

If it amuses you I'll confess I also play on laptop, and continue to do so as I travel and relocate too often for a desktop yet.

Also funny you don't remember sending ragetells then in the next post accuse herman of toggling hacks XD.

Come on dude lmao
  6. Scroffel5

Btw, as an Infiltrator main, I have very few times that I agree with AuricStarSand in terms of easy strats. OHK knifing is easy (although it is also easy to mess up), but for me, I know how to counter it. Shooting people with a Blackhand or Commissioner as a Stalker is easy, and I can only sometimes counter that, after I know someone has decided to do it.

Not all Infiltrator mains are Auric.

Edit: He doesn't speak for all of us.
    • Up x 1
  7. JustGotSuspended

I disagree, the whole point of cqc sniping relies on quick-scoping. Agreed if you fully zoom into scopes, anything above 4x is going to be annoying to deal with (although quite doable from 6x-8x imo).

I do think they should do something about quicksoping, and not just for snipers as it feels a bit cheesy to do so with the commish/blackhand as well.

Yeah the whole concept of the class relies on opportunistic kills which is always going to feel cheesy but whatever. But giving them some of the best weapons in combination with the best ability is a bit over the top.

In planetside 1 it was better balanced as you could not equip cloak and sniper rifles or smgs together.

OH yeah for sure I know. He's as deluded in his posts as he is in game it seems. I doubt the 'best player on Connery' speaks for anyone other than himself.
  8. Scroffel5

From my experience with sniping and those of the community, it seems that they think quickscoping is hard (?), but they say the Railjack is the best quickscoping sniper because it has perfect accuracy if you tap the scope then fire, due to the delay. I haven't really mastered it, so I can't confirm. I know that for the Bolt Driver, the cloak had nothing to do with the quickscoping ability of it. I just ran in, posted up behind mutual cover, and kept turning the corner and quickscoping. I mostly hit body because it was way too hard to hit the head due to how long I'd have to expose myself and how far I'd have to turn around the cover to get the hit. But I did hit like 2 or 3 body shots between the 2 or 3 of them, so I can understand your sentiment.

I think that if you believe the sniper and cloak combo is what makes the class unbalanced (even though I don't feel this way), and that it is really easy for new players to get kills (even though I am not a new player and still struggle to reliably get kills unless the opportunity presents itself), then the snipers should be what gets nerfed. If they are supposedly the best weapon, then make them not the best weapon, just another weapon. There should be no best weapons, just weapons, just choices, just situations and circumstances. Thats why I specifically think CQC snipers should be nerfed. They are way too easy to use for the range that they work best in, from what I can tell. If LR sniper rifles are a problem, make it take even longer for them to zoom in so they never reach full accuracy on a quickscope unless you have properly utilized the cloak by positioning behind them, if possible. It also just makes it harder to snipe in general. Does that sound like a fair compromise?
  9. JustGotSuspended

In all honesty I feel that all weapons would need to be tweaked a bit, so their HS damage is balanced.

For example smgs should have lower hs multiplier than an lmg, not just so infils with smg aren't too potent, but also so I can't grab a cyclone heavy and dominate a biolab.

Same goes with snipers, it should be tweaked so they don't 1hk, or even deal such massive damage to the body. Ideally you'd need a headshot-body shot combo to score a kill using a sniper, and to compensate there'd be less rechamber time for example. The goal would be to make the weapon act like a finisher/scavenger which is kinda what the infil is meant to be, without completely neutralizing it's potential for kills. This way people have a chance to react, but the infil can also follow up with the kill if their target isn't fast enough.

Ofc there may be some better solutions like putting cloak in the weapons slot or whatever. But I feel in general there shouldn't be a universal 2x hs multiplier, it should be tweaked individually for all weapons (at least weapon classes) as this seems to be the biggest issue regarding clientside and new players. Snipers are just more obvious but it's an issue for a lot of weapons imo.

Otherwise I feel they should tweak the range, to make cqc snipers suck at long ranges, and make long range snipers suck in cqc, by making the damage increase over range (opposite to what exists now) for example.
  10. Demigan

Well technically its proof right? He's an Infil main and his stats suck. Proves that the Infil is a bad class right? After all if his stats had been good then it would have proven the Infiltrator to be a good class! ;)

Before anyone actually tries that logic, we need to compare it within his skillsphere to other classes. We need to look at his weapons and how his achievements change based on the class he's using. Unfortunately there is little difference between the weapons of LA's and Infil's he's using. You could even make a small argument that his infiltrator weapons have worse achievements than his LA/HA weapons. Although if you have the tactical acquity of a bean and try to be the God of War you believe yourself to be.
    • Up x 1
  11. JustGotSuspended

Dead lmao
    • Up x 1
  12. AuricStarSand

" I have more numbers " Ye so does the top 20 ranked players on the server & we kill each other about evenly. If that. Stewie, Blades ect. Blades has a krazy directive score, still we kill eachother equally. Same with Stewie. Or whoever.

"Why bring up tanks" Because the other dude, brought up stats & lightning performance. Someone mentioned magrider stats as well (looks like they edited it out). So your saying if I take my Decimator, to nasons tunnel, I'm only going to get 1 hit kills, what? half the time? less than half? Stats or not, I believe that number is half or more of the time. I've seen Decimator NSO's, as the top ranked player, for regions.

I didn't accuse Herman of hacking, I said I didn't know. & I don't believe anyone knows. The dude seems like he has got his aim on his own, due to his liking of ESF flying. Tho when he's in bio, the dude straight up plays as if he's wall hacking. He knows where you are, before you turn corner. Behind rocks & walls at bio. It could be because he plays bio a lot over the years, but it seems more like wall hacking tbh. It's questionable.

Okay then title this post: " Nerf Quickscoping ", instead of whining about cloaking in general. I don't have to play sniper, to notice getting headshot 10 feet away by the same TR guy, running around boxes, over & over. So whatever his reason for allowing him to do that, too easily, nerf it. Be it ridding mid range optics or adding recoil to the rifle's quickscope, crouch or not. So maybe a new topic for that. & Ye close range snipers, are killing people faster than knives, because they don't even require you to position at the enemies blind spot, & yet were both running around the same range potential.

Knifing is easy, ye so is whatever class or gun you play, go ahead list your main, I'll call it easy too. Oh wait, in your standards someone has to no life every gun 1st, I guess being killed by said gun for years, offers no wisdom. Psh. I haven't used a guass saw, but I know that gun has sniping potential. I guess every other faction should shut up about the Beetleguess, seeing as most qq'ing about it, didn't " master it ", such flawed logic. Or how about that new crossbow? I never touched it, but I guess my theory on it being OP was wrong, since I didn't have huge stat numbers of playing the thing. Actually my opinion on how op it was was 1000% right, to every detail about that crossbow, without ever touching it, thus the nerf. But you won't list the main guns you main, you'll just say some vague ____ about how you play everything... then surprised when I say I play Infil + Harasser as mains.
  13. JustGotSuspended

No need to be ********. As I said, I play everything (infantry-wise), and you can tell by simply clicking the stats.

My favorite build is asp engineer with the kuwa or tar and the 11 pellet pump action shotgun. Sometimes with c4, most of the time with medkits. Lynx on la is also one of my favorites. I do like a good old butcher/godsaw/betel ha as well.

Regardless, even the playstyles I don't play I perform better and have more experience on than you. And I'm definitely one of the lower performing players on here. This goes back to bite your 'if you can't deal with cloak the way I do you're a noob' argument in the rear, since your stats clearly show you're not good at playing or countering anything.

Sorry to put it so blatantly, but you set yourself up for this.

Herman is legit, and sorry but after all the 'best player of connery' and all the other nonsense I seriously doubt you can be taken seriously by anyone in this thread, and believe it's time for you to strategically withdraw.
    • Up x 1
  14. AuricStarSand

Sounds easy. See how easy it was to write that.

"especially around generators, dur de dur".
    The irony is, even if I play HA, I'm gonna be using minor cloaking implant = HA can camp gens.
  15. Tormentos

And people wonder why I want to remain anonymous in the forum. Gentlemen! We are not here to beat our chests and compare whoever has the largest gun barrel. Focus on the topics at hand, please!

Not entirely true. The Cortium bomb can flip a lightning tank. I almost catapulted an ANT into a tree on Amerish once. After some research though, I stand corrected in one regard: The Cortium Bomb isn't free after unlocking it for 8000 merit, you have to pay 20 merit in order to resupply that thing.

Isn't 6x more a scout rifle thing?
  16. AuricStarSand

Ye its turned into a flame war, but he's the first one to make it personal or say he's better, idk what that's about. Tho he says that the optic isn't the problem, it's no-scoping / quick scope, so I'll give him credit for that. Still, I'd say nerf both, ridding all close to mid range viable optics, for 1 shot snipers, & increased no scope recoil.

Everyone gets cortium bomb, does nothing for moving targets & most of the time won't flip. Simply saying the HA can do 2 themes, but also should compete 1vs1 as amazingly, verse a class that can only 1vs1 infantry, perhaps, but don't get too greedy. HA also gets AI AOE (thumper secondary asp, or more bullets to follow up with a 2nd 3rd or 4th kill sooner) infil doesn't. (or at least fire crossbow darts aren't good enough to suggest, if getting technical)
  17. JustGotSuspended

No need to tell me, I assumed that was a given. Thankfully minorcloak is pretty useless for anything other than infil so doubt you'll be getting many kills that way lol.
  18. JustGotSuspended

Understandable, however those who choose to make the 'you're a noob' argument should be open to getting flamed, which is exactly what seems to have happened here.
  19. Tormentos

If you guys want to best each other, do it in the game and let actions speak for themselves. This here is just one guy after another jumping into the middle of the action and brags about being the BESTEST EVAR and the rest of you are just a bunch of Giganoobs! o_O Sticks and stones...
  20. Demigan

Ah mister superplayer. You say you always run into the frontlines first which begs the question: why are you not using the class designed for it? If you used a HA in your death run then you would have gotten farther. Since for most of your playtime you couldnt save your life if you wanted to (assuming your mouse acceleration story is correct) you would have to rely on your allies to save you, hence you would have benefited from surviving longer.

Also I am not a HA main. https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=demigan&show=weapons. I fight behind enemy lines and almost every fight I have I'm outnumbered. So no I'm not some KD farmer.

Also you claim you arent a Magrider saving its KD by sitting on a hill somewhere, which begs the question: what do you actually do then? Because you are farming infantry a lot more than you attack vehicles with it. If you dared look at my stats you would see I hunt down vehicles an aweful lot, especially in my Lightning. I am less of an infantry farmer than you, and get more than twice the vehicle kills per hour.

So if your criteria for dismissing me are based on "you are a HA/MBT KD farmer" then you are dead wrong. I am doing the exact things you claim to do and better, including with the Infiltrator. And I say: cloak is a bad mechanic. It is far too easy to use effectively and far too hard to counter. Hubris is the biggest danger of using the class. It needs changing.

Also as a side-note, what the hell is happening with all those teamkills. You have over 4000! I know its easy to accidentally kill infantry as Magrider but holy crap that is an aweful lot.
    • Up x 1