Client side res detection?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by DiHorizon, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DiHorizon

So after fully certing out the med tool during the double xp weekend, and therefore finally being able to give the medic a proper go, I keep finding that the time between me putting the tool on a corpse and the ready-to-get-up animation being displayed are different each time. Sometimes the res bar will fill but the res target won't actually get the option to be revived until as much as 0.5 seconds later, which is quite annoying during a firefight where you're not looking at the heal target.

It seems like the only way to get a consistent res is to look at the body, ignore the heal UI, and wait until the animation plays before moving on. Which leads me to think that the res is based on the heal target's client, rather than being server side. It may just be the latency issues introduced by the latest patch, so I'm wondering if more experienced medics have had this issue in the past.
  2. Eyeklops

This is a GU4 problem. Prior to GU4 reviving was pretty consistent. At the moment the servers seem to be choking on many player tasks with a time related component, such as repairing, healing, and reviving. No doubt McHurtz and the team will find the source of the server lag issues and have a fix before the weeks end. The test server is due to come online very soon so maybe GU5 will get the player based QA that it needs and will launch in a much better condition than GU4 did. Only time will tell.
    • Up x 1
  3. DiHorizon

Thanks for clearing that up, these issues were kind of turning me off the class. If they get fixed soon I'll probably play it more often.
  4. Eyeklops

Prior to GU4 I could pretty much run past people and rez them, I only had to wait for the "quadrant" lights on the indicator to blink and I knew the rez went through. In the meantime might I suggest certing into the revive grenades as there is no time component, they just work.