Class Update Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, May 2, 2013.

1. giltwist

The suspense is starting to get to me. We're supposed to be seeing our rehash this month. Anyone want to make any predictions about what what changes there will be? SOE is sending really mixed signals between the extended breath hold and blinking prox mines. Here's some other things that are mixed blessings that might be coming:

• Empire specific sniper rifles - VS get charge up, NC get lock on, TR get dual wielding BARs.
    • New melee weapon that has peak damage at 75m
    • Helmet-mounted flashlight
    • Advanced fore grip on BARs
    • An alternate tool that temporarily doubles the XP people get when they kill you
    • Vehicle hacking, but only on Flashes
    • A new cloak that makes you totally invisble, but only to your allies (at least people won't bogart your sniping spot)
    • Up x 11
  2. Sockpuppet

3. Granderil

I want this one :)
  4. giltwist

Like I said: mixed blessings.
  5. Hoki

• Up x 4
  6. ZephyrBurst

I actually wouldn't mind just having Flash hacking.
  7. ArcKnight

please elaborate the lock-on BAR
  8. Revel

I can see it now. Snipe someone off their flash, run up to it, hack it, and do donuts on their corpse before speeding away.
    • Up x 2
  9. m44v

new cloak, permanent perfect invisibility, but you're blind while is on.
  10. Astraka

I actually had an idea that was similar to that. A cloak that made you perfectly invisible but you were also unable to see anyone else: allies, enemies, vehicles, etc - even on radar. It would be good to get to hiding places and into buildings because the terrain wouldn't disappear, but it would pretty poor at helping you be an assassin because you would never really know what would be waiting for you when your cloak energy runs out.

Not really interested in seeing it become a reality but I thought it was cool nonetheless.
  11. Skeith

as for full invis we are alredy getting the Spectre cloak,im curios to see if the drawback would be less duration or higher recharge rate

i never considered that,i think that we are going to get Infiltrator specific pistols since the stalker cloak would be coming on the next update
  12. Astraka

I didn't realize it was confirmed already, do you have a source for that my man?
  13. Ztiller

I posted screenshots of the loadout options before SOE cleaned up the Test server VR, and there was a Spectre cloak in there.

My guess is that it would have like 3 seconds of invisibility followed by 30 of recharge or something, in case they intend to balance it in regards to current cloaks.

Also, **** Charge Up weapons.
  14. Dr. Euthanasia

I still don't get how you can say something like this, which is absolutely correct in every way, and not see the problem with that. The statement you just made should be wrong.

This, on the other hand, I can't even argue with. I mean, the Lancer's fine and all, but a charge-up mechanic is the last thing anyone would want on their pistol. The whole point of sidearms is that they're weaker than your primary, but switching to them to start shooting is much faster than reloading the gun already in your hands. If you take that away, the sidearm essentially has to become as powerful as a primary weapon to keep some purpose to its existence. For sniper rifles, it could work, but how much more power could you even ask for? Is the ability to one-shot people not enough? Do you need it to be hitscan or something?
  15. Astraka

Did they actually say that the Spectre was going to be an option? I was under the impression that it was a remnant of beta, like a lot of the other things on the test server prior to the cleanup.

It sounds wrong because it's so unbelievably short, but he's probably right. When you compare the benefits of having a perfect cloak to that of the NAC or Hunter, they would either have to buff the NAC & Hunter or have the Spectre be really limited. Given SOEs design decisions thus far (nerf rather than buff), I would say the latter is more likely.

Still even with such a crazy-short time, it would still be an excellent cloak in a lot of situations I think.
  16. AnuErebus

Reminds me of a bug with sunderers that used to be around. You could pull a sundy and everything that wasn't the terrain would be gone. You could drive around without seeing anyone but the moment you left the driver's seat you'd suddenly have everyone render. But your sundy was no sudden safety net. As soon as you left it and everything else because visible your sundy was still hidden and there was no way of getting back to it. Cool, but impractical for most things. =P

I just want to see the spotlight attachment for all infiltrators. Basically it creates a giant platoon waypoint on yourself that anyone can see. Useful for those times when you want everyone to know right where you are.
  17. Skeith

sure and while we are at it let's make that for equpping this cloak the infiltrator is shield less this way it would be an efficient sidegrade to the hunter cloak
  18. Nocturn0l

Should just make the low Settings cloak the Standard for everyone
  19. Astraka

If you think about it even three measly seconds of a perfectly invisible cloak would be really useful as an escape mechanism and as an Infiltration tool. Especially if you consider the fact that the in-game description said nothing regarding additional drawbacks to it aside from a short duration & longer recharge. Thirty seconds for a recharge is fairly steep in my opinion, but perhaps it could be certed down to something more reasonable.
  20. Skeith

3 seconds cloak it's not even the time to enter inside a room, it should be at least 8 seconds

and to make the hunter revelant they should make that the slower you move the slower the nanites drain,making it the perfect sniping cloak