Class Balance - Wrel, Koolaid, and Youngblood

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by STLYoungblood, Mar 26, 2014.

1. STLYoungblood

• Up x 8
  2. asdfPanda

I am of a different mentality; every class should have the ability to impact all styles of gameplay. Infiltrators should be able to throw EMP grenades at MBTs to disable their MBT utilities. Light Assault should be able to stim around and parkour like in Titanfall. Every class should be able to do everything. How you want to do those things, is where classes should come in, and cater to specific playstyles.

You'll have those support roles like engi and medic, but, like I said, all classes should be able to impact all aspects of gameplay.

To make deaths matter, all bases and sunderers should have energy. When vehicles/people spawn, some energy would be drained, which would bring attrition as a factor in the game. Resource overhaul now pls.
    • Up x 5
  3. Chowley

The start was quite hilarious there :p blank minds all round.
    • Up x 1
  4. miraculousmouse

Agreed, engies should get air lockon functions for their AV Mana turret, along with whatever tweaks to make the class more well rounded. Light assaults should also get some souped up jump jets to allow them to compete with Libs (and ESFs) for dominance of the skies.
  5. FateJH

Note that that the current system of gameplay is that all classes can affect vehicles negatively, even if it's just an Infiltrator with measly explosive bolts. You also mention parkouring as if any class in this game could do it. It would have made more sense, per your argument, if you said that even a Medic can abseil to higher terrain, but the Light Assault can navigate it much easier because he has a jetpack. Or do you want to give everyone access to the jetpack so they can mix it their own style?

They did have something like that. It broke the netcode.
  6. iller

@10:25: This is how every single amazing killstreak ends as an N.C.
  7. asdfPanda

I'm all for all classes being able to do things. For your medic example, the medic class can get to places. The light assault can get to places better than the medic class can. So yes, your example is better.
  8. PhantomPistols

no just no, so are you saying infil can use rockets? engies can use revive? . Every class SHOULD be Special and Unique, not jack of all trades.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bankrotas

Damn it, don't have time to listen atm. Marked.
  10. AzureKnight

As it stands, all classes currently are jacks of all trades... Everything class can effectively be Anti Armor with the exception of the Recon really. Every class can easily mow through every other class at any range inside 100 meters thanks to all the gun crossovers. Competent medics are one man armies able to kill anything except air. HAs kill everything. Engis keep everyone supplied while being AV or AI. LAs fly over the field and bomb tanks or assault bases with the same things medics, engis and HAs can use save one or two weapons.

There is no real special feeling between classes. The only really unique one right now is the recon due to various types of cloak.
  11. Odin

Nice to see all 3 respected members of the community in agreement that the Ha shield change is good for the game. The Heavy assault players on this board have vilified anyone thinking the same thing.
    Gg soe fixing the game sometimes makes you some enemies but in the long run it's well worth it.
    • Up x 2
  12. Kunavi

Once it's out of Beta we'll have a clear picture and then I could form an opinion. Currently I see 3 people saying more or less what I say; PS2 doesn't know what it wants to be nor how to do it. It's too casual, lots of cheese, too many changes coming in yet... I can find many arguments to back this up. Even the Resource System is getting scrapped. As for MAX... I don't even care any more. Put the suit on and gain +200% Skill, that is all ;Pp

On topic, I think Dual Wield should be Pistols-Only. And it does nothing, as Wrel said it conforms with "Bullets To Kill" being all there is. In contrast to that, I like the Medic and Engi ideas as long as they require us to specialize like Infiltrators do with their new cloaks. I am against Dpl Terminal though. Consumable(C4 too), MAX, you get the idea. They provide ammo, no need to have a pocket Bat-Cave. Also XP precedence in such cases will become an issue. It already is, kind of.
  13. DJPenguin

Refreshing to see more people joining the #NerfReviveMechanics movement.

-most powerful ability in the game connected to a gun that has no "heat"
    -easy to do
    -acts as a force multiplier
    -only thing in the game that can "refund" resources for other players ie. max
    -trumps an opposing individual's skill when multiple medics are in proximity of each other
    -being able to revive a graveyard with a single rez grenade
    -medics are necromancers
    • Up x 2
  14. FateJH

Let me be the first to clarify, "this game doesn't care about your individual skill."
    At first, I was going to say "I don't" then I modified it to "maybe your opponent doesn't;" I am running with my last rendition, however.
    • Up x 2
  15. Aegie

^This.

Have to love how Wrel asks "why would you take anything but HA and Medic?" and then, the obvious reply "you mean medic+MAX+engineer".

Classes in order of most problematic for quality game play:

1) Medic
    2) Engineer
    3) Infiltrator
    4) HA
    5) LA
    • Up x 2
  16. miraculousmouse

Agreed, MAX should get a mini-AMS function.
  17. Aegie

So you can have little Oompa Loompa Engineers and Medics running about repairing/rezzing- plus smaller hitbox!
    • Up x 1
  18. TheBloodEagle

Very much agreed.
  19. Paperlamp

OMG imagine the amazing lockdown SYNERGY

ololoolololkncvbvnbjOGUTJFHBGU
    • Up x 1
  20. SinerAthin

I've never understood how anyone can flank a Heavy Assault, and the Heavy Assault can have time to turn on the shield.

The time to kill is really quick in this game, coupled with latency; a Heavy Assault will be dead by the time he realize that he is being shot.
    I play Light Assault as well, and I've never had a problem gunning down Heavies from behind.

If a heavy has time to react to being shot at, that means that you're not aiming very well and missing all over the place.

The heavy shield won't really save you if you get flanked by someone with half-decent hand to eye coordination. Then all you'll hear is *Pling-pling-pling-dead* within 0.1 seconds due to lag.
    • Up x 4