Checking on game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by justme, Mar 13, 2013.

1. justme

Hey everyone.
    I will get to the point real quick.
    Quit 3 months ago do to low fps. I would say 35fps was my tops.
    Have they optimized much? How are FPS in the game now?
  2. TheBloodEagle

Right now people are actually have more FPS issues due to the latest patch. They know about it and are working on it. I personally don't have an issue and I haven't had an issue with the latest patch. But if you were having low FPS before, the latest patch probably won't help that much.
  3. Boulder Langoustine

Well, to be honest. This game update halved my FPS from before, which was lower than release. So I expect that your 35 fps would now be in the ballpark of 10.
  4. Oheck

What are you system specs? There may be no level of optimization that can be done if you have a system that is ancient.

The patch today, as it has been stated has some FPS issues. I have faith a hotfix or two will clean it up though. Was a big patch.
  5. justme

Probably, It was pretty heavy before.

Jeez.. sounds bad.. >.>

My system is not ancient. About two years old. I am just running on a laptop. During beta I had around 40, just once the game was officially launched. I lost 5 frames, and sense then each patch has been making it go up and down. One point I had at least 50, but they released a patch a week after and it went back down to 35.

Thanks everyone, I will probably check it out in a couple weeks after some hotfixes. See how it is running on my system. I want to be around for the new map, and I would like to continue playing this game. I enjoyed the massive fights, and pretty large maps.
  6. MarlboroMan-E

I bet if you wait for the hotfix coming out "shortly" according to RadarX, your fps be higher than release. I've been running around 50 lately, and its been steadily improving for me. Bumped down to 25-30 with this GU, though, so I'm holding my breath for the hotfix.