Check out the changes headed this way (new PTS notes)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Apr 18, 2017.

1. VeryCoolMiller

bcs explode on impact with insane range, and they have the same effect of 50% dmg (66% on heavy) no matter what kind of suit you are wearing.....
  2. DeadAlive99

Just got another unfriendly reminder of how the LA has turned into a 1 man wrecking crew with the Rocklet Rifle. This is literally the worst and most annoying threat to my undeployed sundys now. Once one is on your tail, it's over.

So I just checked and the Rocklet is getting a nerf too, although I'm not sure how much real difference that will make with the high RoF and DPM. That thing really needs a much slower RoF. I consider it more dangerous than an HA lock on. The LA can track you around cover much easier with those jetpacks. I'm a total sitting duck to rocklets when I'm driving my sundy.
  3. Citizen H

It's almost as if forcing TR to land twice as many shots as everyone else or they'll have the least damage output is a handicap, not a faction trait.

Maybe it's a defensive issue? Let's see, Magriders can side step incomming fire, Vanguards get more HP. Prowler gets....an ability that locks it in place. Hmm.

Or could it be the shape? It's not like it's the tank with the largest rear, is it? Oh, it is.

Wait...what meaningful advantage DOES the Prowler have, exactly? None? On maybe that's the problem.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hajakizol

Unless infantry health is halved av maxes are screwed. They simply will not be able to fight back against infantry at all. Can i get my certs and daybreak cash for my maxes back?
    • Up x 1
  5. REZistance

Now I'm just confused, or maybe it isn't me who's confused.. but 'No longer drains ability energy' is not the same as removing an enemies shields, or is it? I thought it just meant that they would no longer drain an HA's iWin shield, or an Infil's cloak meter, or Medic's crowd heal etc... Abilities as opposed to shields. Can someone clarify? If they're removing the ability of an EMP to de-shield other players then damn, that's even worse than I thought. Might as well remove them from the game at that point.

I regards to insane range, well, it's the same range as all other nades so... and explode on contact is the same as anti-vehicle nades too. I don't see a problem here.
  6. Hajakizol

it just drops shields no longer cripples the class skills of a room full of people.
  7. REZistance

Ahh okay, whew.

Still think it's weak to remove that though. It's one of the main functions of the weapon and given how short the effects were it wasn't breaking the game or anything. Seems like fixing something that isn't broken to me. More like some people thought it was annoying and leaned on the devs to change it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hajakizol

Maybe they could not figure a way to make it not jam through walls and just made it a grenade explosion that only damages shield instead. Cost effective fixes....
  9. REZistance

I'd like to see it remain the same as it is now, being able to turn off abilities and shields, for the same short duration.. but I would agree and support them making it so the blast does not go through walls anymore. Cmon devs, please reconsider the abilities nerf.
  10. AllRoundGoodGuy

So with if a harasser gets behind you, it can take out a vanguard in less than 30 shots, is that what i'm reading here?
  11. boey

Thanks for this video :D. Made my day :D.
  12. Crayv

I call them "rage patches".

Problem is there isn't any other real MMOFPS out there.
    • Up x 1
  13. Metaltoys

I had high hopes that the aggravating nerf/buff cycles would be a thing of the past at this point in the games life.
  14. Kristan

I went to the test server too. Care to explain, how do I OHK infantry with 1000 hp with a tank cannon that deals 650 damage?
  15. LodeTria

Splash damage is also applied with a direct hit, at it's highest value. So for example Titan AP deals 800 direct damage and 500 indirect damage for 1300 total damage. This only applies to infantry, maxes & the flash. This is also why Lightning HEAT cannot direct hit kill an non-infiltrator due to 450+500.
    • Up x 1
  16. BartasRS

IMO Magrider was not very effective at long ranges. It should rely on its flanking ability and (sadly) 2/2 setup. I agree tho that DPS difference between Mag and Vanguard/Prowler is still insane and Mag will always be at a disadvantage at close range. Need some more testing but if PPA stays as it is now on PTS (and it should IMO) PC/PPA setup will be perfectly viable for quickly wasting any tank IF you manage to sneak behind which Maggy is very good at. Also remember that even Prowler will need at least 7 shots to finish you from front/side and that leaves you some time to fall back.

Not saying that Mag will be good (better) but there is some room for nice hit&run play.
  17. VeryCoolMiller

Uhm range of emp seems bigger (I never verified), av vehicle doesn't explode on contact, they stick to a special targets (maxes and vehicles).
  18. VeryCoolMiller

you don't
  19. Kristan

But I did. HE(SH) Prowler kills infantry on a direct hit. HEAT Lightning does too.

By the way I've noticed that currently all Lightning cannons have nasty offset to the upper right corner. I can't hit infantry even if it's in the middle of my crisshair, I hope they'll fix it.
  20. FLHuk