Cheaters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nasferatu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. TowerOfGlower

Main reason why when I need to take a break, I respawn back at the warp gate and deal with having to get back into battle. Too many times did I take a Stalker cloaker, run to a location well outside a base and in the middle of nowhere, while cloaked, while constantly checking to make sure nobody saw me, and check one more time before leaving the room. Then come back to find a LA or HA, someone I would have definitely noticed following me, ran up and cut me. Yep, they are still playing.
  2. NinjaJinn

because rarely anyone records or is capable of recording his/her every gameplay session and knowing that you wont be able to prove it to dbg, they abuse it.
  3. HippoCryties

Seriously just stop this... there are so many factors to determine who spotted you. It could be a sniper 300m away whose call you didn’t hear. I last ran into a cheater a month ago p, I’m not denying they aren’t in PS2 but look at this wise comment
    this hits the nail on the head, although everyday may be a a bit of an exaggeration as most “cheaters” are just highly skilled players
  4. Bansheedragon75

I noticed there is one person here, and it seems one person only, who seems to be in extreme denial about anything that contradicts their viewpoint even when evidence to the contrary is presented.

Using the Stalker cloak with the Chameleon module which is supposed to suppress the shimmer.
    Sitting still for 30+ seconds, something I often to to assess a location before moving in to make sure it's clear or waiting for people to leave.
    While sitting there a sniper can somehow see me and shoot me from 300 m away?

That suggests 2 possibilities to me.
    1. The cloak is just not working properly at long range, as I had people practically step on me and not see me.
    2. Someone is cheating/hacking and are able to see past the cloak.
  5. DarkStarAnubis

The cloak does NOT make you invisible.

I can detect Infiltrators at any distance, near or far. To be precise: I do not see the Infiltrator, but the distorsion of the cloak behind and around the Infiltrator and it is enough.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nasferatu

It was simply impossible to play, such players just come alone and take the point from the whole platoon! KDR 5 and more, than 75% of HS , game exploits, heavy with jetpacks AIM BOT , Radar Hack , WH and lagswith in and this is in every battle at every point, and at night it's just insane
    this is a competition of cheaters and honest players are just trying to survive or as I see they just leave this game
  7. strikearrow

Through a sniper rifle scope the cloak is very visible - even if you don't move. It's a unique aspect of the sniper scopes.
    • Up x 1
  8. MonnyMoony

I'd like to see some evidence for this. I have been playing the game since release - and have never found the cloak or the distortion it creates to be visible at all ranges.

There always comes a distance where the cloak renders the wearer completely invisible. The only caveat to this is when a cloaker is sat against one of those blue screens or shimmering signs - as the effect doesn't render through a cloak and you end up with a silhouette of the cloaker.

Even cloaked sundy's don't render beyond a certain distance, even when using a high power scope.
  9. MonnyMoony

Which scopes in particular. I have been running 12x on my BA and Semi Auto for years and have never noticed this aspect.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bansheedragon75

I would like to know this as well.
    Playing as Infiltrator the other day using the Phaseshfit VX-S rifle with a 12x scope I was unable to see the person on the other team at a distance of at least 100m through the scope, even when that person was moving.

And why would it be limited to sniper scopes only?
    That would give those an unfair advantage over others.

Like @MonnyMoony I would like to see evidence of this as well.
    I have never been able to see this through any scope, not even sniper scopes as mentioned above.
  11. stalkish

Thats the exact situation i find myself in, im confused as to how anyone can say infils are visible at any range when for over 5 years they havent been for me??
    Perhaps its settings that dictate the visbility, i have always ran on Ultra, and indeed 'above Ultra' when we could, maybe the lower grades show them up?
    Ive had many many sniper battle with another infil who is 100s of meters away, they always go completely invisible when cloaking.
    :confused:
    (exception as u say is certain terrain items, but its not a common thing)
    • Up x 1
  12. NinjaJinn

now it's not my first or even the second year in PS2 for you to give me this answer, y'know. I can say for sure who's a cheater and who's not. I also happen to pay a lot of attention to little details and if not randomly ambushed by a stalker infil I 99% of the time know if someone has noticed me or not.
    • Up x 1
  13. HippoCryties

Oh guys have you heard of the new tool which amplifies the calls of any player in a 100 v 100 battle just for NinjaJinn so he can be 99% sure he knows if someone is a cheater . 3 years in PS2 doesn’t make you Mr Wiseguy , I have been here since almost launch and trust me hackers ran rampant then and they were something that was a common occurrence, but now? Just no , there are several good players who you probably can’t admit are significantly better than you, or that you can be spotted by someone who is 100s of metres away. Although I don’t deny hackers are still here, they are for every game
  14. HippoCryties

Thank god some sane players have arrived
    And you thank god, these ppl are so tedious. Hackers exist but not on such a huge scale
  15. HippoCryties

If you ppl think hackers are so common why don’t you leave , THEY DO exist but not as much as some of these melodramatic posts are stating

Shocking
  16. Crowne

Naturally people leave. That's not very good advice.
    I've been around since beta, since you mention being here since close to launch.

Here's the thing, yes there were cheaters from the get-go. And from that very moment, there were people claiming they were just "skilled players."
    Here's a thought though, as more and more people take your advice and just leave the game, there is greater chance those that stick it out will run into the cheaters that haven't left.
    Another thought too, is that it's not at all uncommon to run into the same clans one fight to the next, to the next, etc. Again, bound to happen more and more as people take your advice and leave. If some of those clans have multiple cheaters, the math is pretty simple.
    Not all cheating is as obvious as constant headshots through walls. If someone has their aimbot set up to work only on the first shot, it still gives them a really big advantage.

If you're not very good at detecting patterns, you're likely to miss much of what is happening. I'm not saying it is unplayable, I agree that some of it is netcode type issues, I whole-heartedly disagree with your insistence that PS2 is filled with little angelic skilled players that wouldn't habitually resort to subtle cheats.

Some people are skilled players, no doubt about it, and you honestly sully their accomplishments when using them as a shield for cheaters.
    • Up x 2
  17. HippoCryties

18. Crowne

Subtle cheats as opposed to blatantly obvious cheats. Yes, I do know what it means, that's why I said it.

Habitually, as in making a habit of it.

But yes, we agree. There are cheaters, it's annoying, it's no reason to leave the game, they are a problem, and the more they are dealt with the better.
    Yes, there are skilled players. That does not remotely mean that people telling you about their encounters with various cheats are talking about skilled players. You would be wrong to assume so.

Surely you can tell the difference between a skilled player and a cheat. So can other people.
    Surely you can tell the difference between a blatantly obvious cheater not remotely concerned with hiding his activity, and others that are merely wannabe's trying to fit into some demented and sad elite.

If, for some odd reason, you are unable to tell the difference, it's ok. The problem and solution are not affected by that at all.
  19. Problem Officer

Forget third party tools, I can still exploit C4 through walls. That's after reporting with images and bumping the report years ago.
  20. FLHuk

I still want to know what scopes can show cloaked infiltrators while not moving!