Cheaters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nasferatu, Mar 21, 2018.

1. strikearrow

You haven't seen the construction exploits... hmmm I see those cheats almost every week. Spawn tubes and repair modules built underneath vehicle terminals, HIVE generators inside mountains and there are a couple more too. Construction is one area where I know for sure exploits (which are cheats according to the TOU) exist.
    • Up x 1
  2. MERCURY

Wait, there is a whole chasm between, "cheaters are everywhere" and "cheating is rare".
    Sometimes the chain of communication between your PC, the server, and their PC isn't great and information is slow or even lost. This may present as something suspicious, however I regrettably have a couple of friends that cheat, and it is out there.

I guess in many ways, I agree with both of you.
  3. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

so what other exploits do you know for sure exist out there. I have not run across any that you describe, probably because I am a builder, not a combatant.
  4. Chrisjons

What kind of cheats would that be, because i never see any unrealistic players on the local/global score boards.
    • Up x 1
  5. strikearrow

I've seen bunkers with spawn tubes, repair and shield modules inside it built with the entrance below ground so the bunker, modules and spawn tube inside it and nearby walls, silos etc. are indestructible. I've seen troops shooting through vehicle terminals that spawned at a spawn tube built below the vehicle terminal. I've seen sky-shields built below biolabs so people in the biolab are killed by it. I've seen spitfire turrets built inside trees. I've seen vehicle terminals built inside mountains and vehicles spawned inside those mountains....
  6. LostMyMarbles

I've seen probably 20 or so cheaters this year alone and when I looked up their names, some of them no longer exist. So I'm guessing they finally got caught and banned.

I haven't seen the aim-bot as often as I use to. The latest cheat I've faced is running into a person who is using some sort of God-mode. Where they have the same health as a MAX and headshots don't do any damage. The first thing they try to say is that it is ping or lag but I have excellent ping so I know it is not that. I also have a great K/D so I know it is not aim.

Thankfully it's not very often, normally once every few weeks that I run into a person who can't be killed. Normally the same person I ran into previously. How I know they may be using something? Well, for one, when one person runs into room that has 5 people all shooting at them and they kill everyone while having full health. Also, every now and again I'll message them, hinting that something is off and it just happens that the next time I do run into them I can kill them with like 1 shot lol when earlier an entire room couldn't kill the person.

I have say though, there are a lot less cheaters than last year. Last year was horrible. OMG it was horrible. Those teleporting light assaults that happen to pull off the grenade move off the game's promo video (which btw they need to make a movie or series off of lol). Was so bad last year but much better this year. So far lol.
    • Up x 1
  7. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

those sound more like exploits that need to be cleaned up by the dev's and not cheats. imho
    • Up x 1
  8. strikearrow

True, but by the TOU definition they are bannable offenses and thus cheats.
  9. JadeSinn

i didnt want to post in this thread but im going to have to to clear something up to EVERYONE that thinks Battleye is the end all hack detecter. its not.

its not hard to bypass battleye and still use a hack in a game much like this one. there has yet to be a REAL anticheat tool created that CANNOT be bypassed. sure battleye is one of the minor higher end ones but it will still never be the best. hackers adapt to what they need to adapt to. creating better code that can hide its self inside files easyer. makeing hacks that cant be detected by the battleye. or adapting third party programs that are " accepted " by battleye as safe and turning them INTO a hack them self. (( im looking at that lovely third party over lay everyone likes to use ))

so lets get this right. battleye is not perfect. there ARE hackers in this game. that ARENOT being cought. and punished. there one every faction one more then the others but still there.

and with each hacker that does get cought. a new one rises to replace them or the hacker just makes a new account and starts from BR 1 all over again.

add into it that the news on the hack sites that i personaly moniter inorder to keep track of what i have to face off agenst in a game are all now showing that if anyone WANTS a hack for this game in perticuler that there going to be paying for a hand made custom one that is not released to the public hackers that are out there. this means that ALL hacks that are in this game currently have been hand made for this game to not be detected and there are no hard copys of it on the net that people at battle eye can get ahold of inorder to tear the code apart and make it so there system can detect it.

this means that a good 50% if not higher of all hackers in this game have a working hack that can not be detected by battleye or any other hack/anti cheat sofware.

so in short battle eye is not the end all some of you think it is. and untill there is a way to get ahold of the code for some of theses hacks that are out there theres no way of fully patching them out of the game.

the most DB can start doing is IP banning any hackers that are cought. in hopes thy dont know how to give them selfs a new IPaddress
  10. HippoCryties

Unfortunately people like the op believe either because of their bad internet or another’s that immediately they are hacking. And if your friends are hacking then tell them to stop, it’s wrong and they ruin others experiences. But yeah cheaters are literally nowhere on PS2, don’t know how your friends haven’t been caught by BattlEye. What cheats do they do exactly?
  11. CaptCran

Cheaters just create other accounts and continue on. Only way to keep it real is have SS# implemented. One account, One player, One chance. You _uck up, it's your fault. No more PS2 4 U! But that will never happen.;)
  12. Pacster3

You know that there is an opening on the roof of bunkers? None the less all of that are obviously exploits and not clever use of mechanics. That should be banable, especially because it is not just annoying but actually ruins the fun completely cause the opponent can't do anything about it(unlike the 1000 skyshield glitch...which was fun for the week that it lasted cause it still didn't make it impossible to destroy a base. Stuff like that could shake up the game as special events. The impact is limited, you don't need to take part...it's just fun).
    • Up x 1
  13. Bansheedragon75

Blaming it on peoples Internet when you have no way of knowing it and at the same time proclaiming that "cheaters are literally nowhere" in PS2 is both ludicrous and naive.
    You can deny it all you want, but it does not change the fact that cheaters does exist in every game, including PS2.
    And such statements quite frankly makes me suspect if maybe the person saying it are at the very least defending the use of such cheats, and possibly even themselves guilty of using such cheats and are trying to hide the fact that such cheats/hacks exist so they can continue to use them.

And Batleeye while useful against know cheats/hacks are in no way 100% proof against such things, in fact its literally impossible to guard against it 100%, because you cannot protect against something you dont know exist.
    And even if you do know it exist you still cant guard against it 100%, there will always be some the slips through.

I encountered plenty of suspicious situations myself and some that could not possibly happen without cheats.
    Just yesterday I was playing, and while in a Lightning I was hit by 2 shots in rapid succession which ended up killing me.
    The tank was at the time at 100% health, and if the kill message is to be believed it was a person with a T4 AMP weapon that killed me, and no assist kills.
    The T4 AMP, in case you are wondering, is an SMG weapon, and to my knowledge should not be able to even damage my tank, and most certainly not destroy it in 2 shots.

I also seen people run around under the ground and killing those on the opposing team with impunity.
    I seen people able to hit tanks with pinpoint accuracy using the Liberator Dalton while the pilot was flying around erratically.
    I seen people shoot and kill other players through walls and other obstacles.
    Playing as infiltrator I have had people be able to detect and shoot me while I was standing still crouched and cloaked from 100+ meters away.

Most if not all of these have been low BR players.
    I'm not talking about someone getting a lucky hit or being skilled at hitting someone with certain weapons, because I'm aware that this is possible, that it can happen and in most cases give people the benefit of the doubt.
    What I'm talking about are players that can do these things consistently or things that should not be possible to do within the established rules and mechanics of the game such as destroying a lightning tank with 2 shots from an SMG
    • Up x 1
  14. HippoCryties

Just to give some context I have a masters degree from UCL on programming.
    If you played at launch you will know that the hacking situation was completely out of control but now it has now been kerbed.

Next
    T4 AMP isn’t an SMG and is actually a pistol, so get your facts right.
    People shooting with pinpoint accuracy is something we like to call skill in which one person is simply skilled at something, I have never been able to avoid a daltons shots if there is a br 120 gunning but I can tell you now never have I ever died to a Dalton with a player below br 50

Finally snipers killing you is probably due to the fact you uncloaked an they predicted your location ( nothing hard to do) and dying behind walls is something called LATENCY which is the main cause of ppl like you hackusing.
    If you died from a T4 AMP then simply report the guy and move on
    Jeez
  15. Bansheedragon75

Regarding your degree.
    I have seen enough people proclaim to know programming or have a degree in something they talk about yet when discussing the topic showing they have little to no real knowledge on the topic they discuss making their proclamations hold no value.
    I do not have any such degree, in fact I have little to no knowledge of programming, but are in fact only a regular computer user, yet I seem to have a better grasp of security software then you proclaim to have

If you did in fact have the degree you claim to have, then you would know for a fact that no security software no matter how sophisticated can never be 100% proof, yet here you sit and proclaim that
    Your belief that Battleeye is somehow infallible is naive at best, there will always be someone who through skills and persistence are able to either find a hole in the software they can use or to bypass it completely.

Regarding the T4 AMP I looked it up when I got killed by it yesterday hence my statement.
    Looking it up again and looking closer I see it is in fact an SMG pistol, so I would say we are both right.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/T4_AMP
    But it does not change the fact that it should not be able to destroy a lightning tank at 100% health in 2 shots.

And I did report the guy as I have with many others of equally suspicious behavior, yet having played this game on and off for about 2 years by now and reading other posts on the forums, I get the distinct impression that it is either not monitored or that the developers are talking a rather lax approach to it.

Regarding the pinpoint accuracy, getting hit while cloaked and through walls, it never ceases to amaze me how people like yourself seem to be so utterly unwilling to accept that hackers and cheaters and instead always try to find fault with the players despite facts to the contrary.

Heres some food for thought regarding your arguments.

Getting hit while cloaked.
    If I had indeed decloaked like you said then you could have a point, however that is not the case.
    Using the stalker cloak which does in fact regenerate when standing still I have been hit by snipers from 100+ meters while standing still in a crouched position, as in not moving.
    In some cases its possible they saw me while I was moving cloaked even though I have my doubts about that at 100+ meters, but in some cases I have actually seen the person shooting me move up from behind a hill and somehow know where I was as if I was not cloaked.

Shooting through walls.
    If we were talking about them shooting me a second or maybe two after I moved behind a wall then yes you would have a point, however that is not the case.
    I'm talking about sitting inside a building and being hit through the wall in a place where they should not even be able to see me, much less be able to shoot me.

Pinpoint accuracy.
    I'm well aware that there are highly skilled players that can hit with a high degree of accuracy and I can certainly accept that, but again thats not what I'm talking about.
    I'm talking about consistently hitting a target that is moving erratically to evade such fire and/or your pilot is flying erratically trying to evade AA fire from multiple locations.
    People can say what they want, nobody is that good and when you take into account the speed of the projectile it becomes even more ludicrous, the occasional hit I can accept as either a lucky shot or a matter of statistics, but not when they can consistently hit targets.
  16. HippoCryties

First of all I have no need to prove my education to you thank you very much .
    Second of all when did I ever say BattlEye was infallible, it registers upon the most common script changes such as hit box changes to the head allowing the hacker to get your hit box from miles away. Next SMG pistols don’t exist , T4 AMP is a PISTOL. And yes in high graphical settings it is extremely easy to see a cloaked guy especially with higher optics on a sniper. About pinpoint accuracy there are probably more skilled liberator gunners than you think and you have to give credit to them for all the effort they put in but I can tell you now that 90% are probably not hacking . Although I don’t deny the fact there are hackers in PS2 people like you seem to want to jump on this hype train of saying “Ohh he shot me through a wall he is hacking” whereas the most probable explanation is the fact his ping is above 2000ms or they have an extremely slow rendering computer (both of which allow you to shoot through walls)

I don’t deny that hackers exist in PS2 all I’m saying is that a lot of these people who are hackusated are for the most part skilled players or just high ping players who play the game for 2 mins before getting booted by the server for high packet loss.
  17. FLHuk

@TheRatRule May seem odd but are you the only person using your account to post on this forum?
  18. Tasogie

We have whole clans on Connery who routinely hack, I wont say who cos the poor little darlings will feel slighted but they know they are. Yet for week after week after week they are all still on. They have no fear of Admins
    • Up x 2
  19. Kdog559

I do get killed everyday by a cheater,But not a whole bunch of them. It happens sometimes everyday,But it's not always a constant spawn here and get killed by cheater every time.It does happen,But there are cheaters in every game. PUBG has lot's of money,But look at the amount of cheaters play that game! Be glad it's only a few cheaters and not a whole damn country full of them.
    • Up x 1
  20. NinjaJinn

I support the OP, Played for 3 years, seen at least 20 hackers, if you havent seen one or did see only one please go buy yourself new glasses, you're nearly blind.

Besides that, on a weekly basis I see people guessing my location even without me being spotted or a motion spotter being deployed ... So I can conclude that there are a lot of hackers, especially ESP'ers out there. Now it's sad I can't take any videos to prove it, it'll just become unplayable if I try.
    • Up x 1