Cheaters in PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenatron

You know what cut down on PS2 cheaters? BF4. It's just the nature of the beast. A new game brings in a lot of cheaters. When a newer game comes out, most of the cheaters flood that new game. By their nature, people who would cheat on a video game aren't the kind of people who stick with a video game. The few that do end up hanging around get burned out because there's no challenge and there's no progression. We'll get a few wander through from time to time, but just report them. Eventually they'll get bored too and leave us alone.

Also, people have dreamed of an automated cheat detector for as long as I've been playing online games (20+ years) and it's never happened. That's frankly impossible to code. There is no substitute for a good admin on the server (with player-eye spectate mode).
  2. Tobax

I really wish we could just get off this subject already, every game will have some players that are cheating and that's just the way it is but the amount that are doing it is tiny with the rest being accused just because the people getting killed want to cry about it.
    Some people are convinced that <name> on their server is a hacker and he's probably been reported countless times yet SOE hasn't banned him, why? because he's probably not a hacker at all and just good.
    Yes I'm sure there are some and I've seen a few myself that were stupidly obvious and were banned, it's gotten a lot better than it used to be but it's a tiny amount still do it and there is only so much SOE can do.
  3. Luperza Community Manager

We do have an anti-cheat system in place, but of course, I cannot give you details as that would give those cheaters details on what we are doing on our end.

The major thing to note with these cheaters/hackers is they update them and we have to update things on our side in return. We do as much as we can and we're continually finding more ways to deal with them. The number of actual cheaters/hackers is fairly low. Often, we get false reports of someone thinking someone is cheating/hacking when really they aren't or there's a bug that's causing players to feel like someone is cheating.

If you ever encounter ANY suspicious behavior, please contact our Customer Service Team and provide them with as many details as you can! Thanks everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.