Chat is completely broken

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mrab Ezreb, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Mrab Ezreb

I accidently left a private squad with my friend as its leader. I went to the friends list, clicked the arrow, and clicked "Send Message".
    It took me to the voice and chat section, I typed my message, and when I hit enter, it didn't show up in the chat.
    I don't know if anyone is seeing my chats, but I am not seeing any responses
    I am on Emerald as Vanu, character name FodderKinzMcStuffy
    EDIT:
    Also, /yell doesn't show up either
  2. Orakel

geting whorse every day :(
  3. DmC187

Same on Cobald after a short downtime. Voice commands are also broken.
  4. Endlave

same **** over here.
  5. Mrab Ezreb

voice macros (V+Number) work fine
    EDIT: Actually they don't, It looked like they were for a while though
  6. DmC187

Im sure 'over here' dosnt help without an information on which server.
  7. Orakel

Seriously ...should be alrdy enough that players have to make posts about broken chat and DB dont notice themself or giving any info..
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

They are/were fixing something. Too lazy to find the reddit post.
  9. DmC187

10. Variden

It's absolutely amusing how something as basic (and integral in a supposed communication teamwork based game), can be overlooked, or ignored (chat not working at all, including voice command macros.)

But hey, at least we have pink camo right? Here, take my monies dey break games!
  11. Dutchbullits

Have chars on Cobalt & Miller.
    After patch:
    1. No "quick voice chat" # 01 (Thanks) - 09 (Check fire)
    2. No general- Outfit- Squad- OR Platoonchat
    3. No /yell
    4. Sound of the voice pack BARELY hearable. SUCKs when you have spend lots of DBC on voice-packs
    Some X-mas present for all those years of loyal gaming from start on, and spending RL-money.
    No free loyal goodies what so ever and than this crap AGAIN!
  12. rrrr

Still completely broken. Anyone have a fix?
  13. cobaltlightning

Yeah, it's the entire game.

I can't yell out friendly advice on Koltyr anymore :<
  14. rrrr

The devs just announced over in-game message that they are aware of, and working on, the chat snafu.
  15. The Hat

Amazing that it's posted on "Reddit" and not here, still can't fathom that one out?
  16. cobaltlightning

Is it fixed yet?

I haven't logged into the game since this morning
  17. PlanetDefense

The text chat in game works fine for me. My problem is the voice chat. Ever since I started playing more often in December, it seems that I have to reset my voice (turn it off and then on again) more often in order to get it to work. After an hour, the voice will just not work anymore and any button I press won't talk to any channel nor will I hear anyone else talking. Sometimes, it will mess with the keys too, and I'll be pressing for platoon chat but it will talk in squad chat, or I'll want to talk to command chat and it will talk to outfit chat. Weird, I don't know why it does that, but it seems like the voice has never worked perfectly in this game.