Charge Mechanic Discussion

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Jetlag, May 13, 2013.

1. Jetlag

2. Brusilov [TR]

What if you simply made it so that the charge lasts for an unlimited amount of time? That would allow the peek-a-boo type gameplay that the devs intended, as well as lowering the skill cap for the average alien-tech-indoctrinated Vanu schmo.

The one but being that you must recharge it once it is taken from your holster. You can't keep it for an insta-switch, max damage MAX Unit facial.

Another option would be to simple create 3 different firing modes, switchable using "b". Each mode would have a different charge time and damage.
  3. Rasui

Works fine for me, in fact I rather enjoy the charge mechanic because it gives the weapon a higher skill cap. Now that may make me sound like an elitist, but I believe these weapons have devastating power. If anything they need the drawbacks you mentioned for balance reasons to keep them from being totally dominant.

I can see how the charge mechanic would put off inexperienced users, or people looking a for more straight forward weapon. Especially those who try them in the VR at short ranges against stationary targets. I believe this is where the vast majority of "Comets are better" comments come from.

My personal experiences are typically as follows. Totally anecdotal (obviously) and technically proving nothing. The killstreak was 34 kills in total during an hour of defense and had dozens of vehicle assists in-between kills.

[IMG]

With results like these you can imagine how I often find myself raising an eyebrow when people say Vortex's are terrible or Comets are better. In fact, I often wonder what planet they're living on exactly.
  4. Jetlag

Like i said in my main thread, im definately not saying they are UP or even OP you can evidently wreck vehicles with them. But I believe that their adoption rate is low due to the clunkiness of the mechanic. Revamping it and making it more user friendly will only benefit the game in my opinion.
  5. Kallowe

It seems comparable to flash in League of Legends, that is incredibly useful for both offense and defense I don't understand what the problem with it is.