Character Dies When Redeploying

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by webweweave, May 21, 2020.

1. webweweave

I am posting several exchanges between me and Daybreak Tech Support about a problem I have. When redeploying I hear the crunch/crash sound of my character dying and the big map shows my character dead (skull/crossbones) at the beacon. Sometimes it is at the place I was at, sometimes it is at the place I was going to but either way, I have to deploy/redeploy to resume the action. Tech support suggested that I file this bug report for the Development Team to look at. I have removed the email addresses and signatures but otherwise have copied this verbatim.

Looking forward to hearing if there is a solution to this problem.

web*****
    May 16, 2020, 2:09:37 PM PDT
    This happens very very frequently. When using Redeploy even before the screen appears I hear the sound of my character dying. When the screen opens to the place I redeployed to my characted is shown as dead (skull and crossbones). If I redeploy again usually the transfer is successful. Why is this happening and how can it be fixed?

G*** M***** (Daybreak Games)
    May 16, 2020, 2:49:07 PM PDT
    Greetings web*****,

Thank you for contacting Player Support. Would you happen to be able to link us to a video with this happening by chance?
    Sincerely,
    GM E******
    Daybreak Game Company

web*****
    May 16, 2020, 9:46:00 PM PDT
    The video you requested is available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=(LINK REMOVED)

The problem is demonstrated beginning with a redeployment. The character icon is hard to see in this particular vid but trust me...my character is dead. Please let me know if you need further info and what's happening with this problem.
    Thanks

May 17, 2020, 9:09:01 AM PDT
    Thank you for the video. We'd like to try some troubleshooting with the following steps. The first would be try and validate your game files:

Run the PlanetSide 2 LaunchPad and log in, but do not press play.

Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory.

In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the PlanetSide 2 window/folder and go back to the LaunchPad Advanced Tools/Settings menu.

Click on Validate Game Assets, then press the green Validate button to have the LaunchPad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

If this first method does not work, we would recommend deleting and re-installing the game. If these do not fix the problem please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    GM E******
    Daybreak Game Company

web*****
    May 19, 2020, 4:14:19 AM PDT
    Thanks for the advice on next steps. I have followed them as described but the problem continues.
    Some of the files suggested for deletion do not exist on my PC but I did delete those I found. After completing the next steps for validation, etc. I played the game but the problem was still there. So I uninstalled the game completely. I would add that the installation was a bit messy. First, Control Panel listed Planetside 2 twice: once for Sony Entertainment, and once for Daybreak. Choosing to uninstall either resulted in a runtime error. Sorry, didn't get the code. Then I used Revo Uninstaller. Interestingly, a lot of files and registry entries for Malwarebytes and Dream Aquarium also appeared as possibly being related to Planetside 2. I ignored those entries. After that I reinstalled Planetside 2 from the Daybreak website (after logging in). The game started just fine and ran correctly except that my character either died after redeploying (character appeared as skull/crossbones) or my the sound effect of my character dying played but the icon appeared nowhere on the large map. So being invisible is a new issue but I guess likely to be the same issue: my character dies when I redeploy.

Also, the game installed in this directory: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 IS THAT NORMAL?

Thanks for your continued assistance.
    May 19, 2020, 1:40:13 PM PDT
    I am sorry you've experienced this bug, but it does look like this is an issue that will need to be corrected by the Development Team. That is why it is of utmost importance that you also share your report to our bug reporting system:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?forums/bug-reports.104/

This will assist in helping the Development Team quantify the issue and have a fix issued as soon as possible. Please know that our Development Team is constantly working hard to continue to make the game an enjoyable experience for everyone, and player feedback like yours helps make that possible. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Sincerely,
    GM E******
    Daybreak Game Company

• Up x 2
  2. FunkFest

Nothing there looks like it is bugged. I am a bit surprised, if anyone actually watched the vid, that they concluded it as a bug.

When you redeploy the game suicides you, without adding to your deaths. If in FPS view it will bring up the map, if your in the map you just hear the audio cues of your death. At that point you physically have to select a place to spawn, it does not just redeploy you to some random fight.

Double click a green circle, green sunderer, or you can double click spawns in the left hand list on the map screen. If you just single click a spawn then you can also click the deploy button and it will register the one you selected map or left list spawn.

The spawns on the left list can have a progress bar that fills from left to right. If the bar is not full you need to wait for the delayed spawn i.e. the progress bar to fill.

If you are just wanting to be sent to a fight then Join Combat is the button you should be clicking.

Maybe I missed something obvious and it just went over my head, but it all looks accurate to me.

C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2 is the default install location. It's odd IMO, but I never install to defaults anyway.

It can be a pain to uninstall.