Char trans West - East

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Jun 21, 2014.

1. EViLMinD

Anyone have a problem with SOE offering a $5 - $10 token to swap from Connery (West) to Waterson (East) or vise versa?

SOE could give members an option to change a char's server every month or so. It would be a nice incentive.

I'm a West coast player and I only use one char that happens to be on Waterson. I'd like better ping.

Can't see a negative outcome from a server trans now.
  2. Elrobochanco

The negative outcome is the unbalanced pops would swing more unbalanced. It would be the fourth faction phenomena but for servers. (there isn't actually a fourth faction issue, but there is one where people leave/logoff when losing, making this a choice that would affect the server as a whole is a bad thing).

I think the best we could ever hope for is some kind of server guesting system as a mean to dynamically balance pops sometimes.
  3. EViLMinD

By now, most hardcores have high level chars on each server. So, the only people who'd bother to buy a transfer are those that stick with one or two chars.

There can't be too many players who'd jump. Not enough to create upset.

SOE could offer transfers to only the faction with the lowest pop/overall payer activity.