Changing Servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Revengercm, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Revengercm

Make the game more buddy friendly.

Lets us change servers so we can play with new friends.
    Let us create private squads for our friends only and make it easier to spawn close to them.

Your game will die. There's 100 BR players and it stops rewarding you at 33 I believe?
  2. Pandora's Lunchbox

There are newer incentives as of the 1/14 patch that allow players to exceed the Battle Rank 100 and acquire titles and badges in the process.

If changing servers were so easy, then players would too easily do so. That sentence might seem counter-productive, but having players - for instance - jumping from a good ping to the Briggs server and onto a bad ping to the Cobalt server in a mere instant would - in some cases (like, when a server is down) - ruin the game-play for existing 'home' players. Nobody likes to be killed seconds after a lethal shot hits them in the head - it's just not realistic.

Slow packets are unfair and, personally, I think PlanetSide 2 should not allow a player to connect to a server if an average ping (within something like five minutes) exceeds - what? 300ms? Sounds fair to me. If you don't have the connection, don't attempt to play on-line gaming. Barely anything in this world is free...
  3. Lord_Mogul

An addition abou the squad stuff:

you can just set the squad to outfit/friends only or both of them, set them as private or list it public. All depending on your dmeand.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pandora's Lunchbox

I didn't mention that since squads are all set to Private by default. I thought he might have known... :confused:
  5. Lord_Mogul

And about the server switching:

Tell me one MMO where you can transfer your character to another server.
  6. Weldernorth

World of Warcraft.