Changelog update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Ash87

The changelog didnt' update this week?

Whats up with that?
    • Up x 4
  2. Pikachu

I said what what wtf.
    I said what what wtf.

Yes give us the update already.
  3. Ash87

Bump for the day
  4. MasonSTL

Everything is on schedule, no need to change dates?
  5. Van Dax

why would they need to change it if nothing has happened ?
  6. Ash87

There is typically -some- change during the week. I find it more likely that something happened, like the update running into friday, meant there was no time to get the changes confirmed.

Either way, we've gotten this weekly for some time, and it's been a very valuable resource, so: If nothing changed, can we at least get a: "Nothing changed" instead of a bunch of speculation?
    • Up x 1
  7. Ash87

Okay we have a response: Link

For those who so fear outside information that they cannot click on the link: Higby responded that SOELuke is in Hawaii (On Vaca) so the updates will return Friday.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamDH

Whats a changelog?
  9. Ash87

Link

Really useful resource that the devs have been updating every week (For better or worse) for a bit now. It's pretty much my go-to way of keeping up with development right now.
    • Up x 1
  10. sustainedfire

I think they were uncertain what would actually be deliverable this week.

The player base scrutinizes everything.

One changelog that could not be followed through upon would have players absolutely screaming that because the item in the changelog did not make it into game that PS2 is dying, the developers lie, and PS2 is responsible for everything bad in the world.
  11. Ash87

Dude, very few people actually KNOW about the change log. Further (As I am forced to conclude you never have actually looked at it, given what you said), they have moved things back on the changelog repeatedly. The last 3 updates have been nothing But moving things back, with like 1 or 2 minor detail tweaks inbetween. Heck, given this week's update is mostly 64-bit, and the number of people who actually KNOW we are getting 64-bit is severely limited (I find people on my own teamspeak that don't know about it), if they moved it back to June, I doubt many people would even notice.

The playerbase can't find it's own *** with both hands, on a good day. It's only when some major change gets reposted with bombastic language in a General post, that people even notice.

The guy who updates it is on Vacation, there is no mystery here.
    • Up x 2
  12. sustainedfire

There were ~3-4 other threads made about the Changelog not being update before you made this one. So at least a few people pay attention.

And Higby usually tweets out when there is an update to the changelog, and twitter is embedded in to the forum.

I was curious why it had not updated also, though it looks like you found out the person who does the updating is on vacation.

Problem solved?
  13. IamDH

Oh thanks for that link, i should visit the roadmap section more often. I'd lol if someone downvotes the changelog
    • Up x 1
  14. Ash87

Okay, reviving this, because the changelog was supposed to be updated friday, never got updated.