Change the Minesweeper HUD implant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UserWithNoName, Aug 21, 2017.

1. UserWithNoName

The Minesweeper HUD implant makes all mines within 15 metres show up as though you had "spotted" them, with a big icon above the mines.
    I suggest that it should make the mines glow in the HUD instead for the following reason:
    In one year's time, every player who drives a tank will have it and strategically placing mines in the rocks, or whatever, will be useless in most gameplay. This will mean that tank mines will not be able to function as mines, just as glorified C-4. Just a change to make it so that if you're really not paying attention then you will still be blown up...
  2. LostMyStuff :(

I've already found that most vehicle-pro's have it and just drive round/blow up my mines; I now tend to save them for sundys, static unaware tanks or max-rushes. I also noticed that often anti-personnel mines are spotted as a lot of infantry also run it in 1 of the slots, makes mines kinda useless...
  3. FLHuk

Having put it to max more often than not it just decides not to work.... It's a tool not an easy mode, carry on :)
  4. Strrog

ye that sweeper implant is fairly important, one run i saved myself from being blown up like 4-5 times, some tricks people do to lure you to midfield lols.
  5. HAXTIME

Or at least the distance display could be moved into another implant, as this is already the absolutely dominant most important tanking/harassing implant.
  6. Pelojian

first the point of marking the UI with the icons is so you can easily see where they are, a glowing mine is not a proper warning for the implant, it's supposed to show you where all mines are within 15m, not just ones that aren't obstructed by foliage or terrain.

second and more importantly 15m is not much distance for a vehicle, any vehicle going at significant speed will not be able to avoid the mines in time, sweeper rewards players that drive slow and carefully, those that do make themselves vulnerable to enemy rocket and vehicle fire with their slow advance.

really sweeper isn't that powerful, i use tank mines and i use sweeper and i still hit mines during battles and advancing, let's be honest here there aren't many implants that are useful in vehicles, can you blame them for picking sweeper?

we have what three that work in vehicles
    sweeper
    ammo printer (not very useful unless your route of ammo resupply is cut)
    counter intel (which only half works, doesn't tell you when you are spotted)

infantry have many more then that they can use, when there are so few options for vehicles why wouldn't someone pick sweeper?

an infantryman with sweeper can avoid ALL mines due to the limitation of their speed and the range of sweeper is good for infantry, vehicles can't because of the lackluster range of sweeper for vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  7. LaughingDead

Just going to prepare in advance:
    People can just use mineguard
    You shouldn't screw tanks just for the sake of screwing tanks
    Tank mines can also be used against maxes and aircraft landing pads
    If thats the case then why shouldn't AI mines be more hidden to infantry that run everywhere?
    AI mines are even more pointless because they are vulnerable to EMPS too and heavy shield stops them and alot of people use flak
    They also can only be used against infantry, so sweeper shouldn't detect AI mines that well as well

Etc.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pelojian

the devs are as much to blame as the infantrysiders for the state vehicles are in now, ground vehicles get the nerf bat even when there's no legitimate reason(infantrysiders crying because a vehicle killed them because they didn't contest that vehicle's presence or pull counters is not a legitimate reason), yet when it comes to air vehicles they are perfectly fine letting a gal or lib have more HP armor and speed then a tank.

if you can't counter something or refuse to counter it and ignore it, it's not because it's OP it's because you failed to act, if you can pull counters and it's still strong (like gals and libs) then it is OP.

yet when infantryside whines the devs nerf ground vehicles to appease the players with no combined arms skill at all.

vehicle users have just as much right to balance as infantry, yet infantry all the time show they don't want balance, they want an infantry only meat grinder trying to make a game that isn't an infantry only meatgrinder into one.
    • Up x 1