[Suggestion] Change the icon that represents the router on the map

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Inzababa

Reason : it looks exactly like a base teleport

(I suppose you noticed? @@)

Reason why it's not good that it looks like a teleporter for a base :

a) that's just lazy devs, plain and simple, no time to make a simple icon, just copy paste, bad, bad devs, bad and lazy devs, this won't look good on your resume "I was a dev for PS2 and I made the icon for the router by simply using an existing icon".

b) it's confusing, it can be confusing for a lot of people who don't all know what a router is or what it does, since it"s a new feature and not really used all the time in every base.

it's even confusing to people who do know, it blends in as a camouflage

c) the colour? The colour doesn't matter ! Just please spend 20 seconds out of your day and make a "router" icon for "routers"?

Or is confusing people and camouflaging it and using an existing symbol intended? The fruit of weeks of brain storming and study?
    • Up x 5
  2. PlanetBound

The color of the router spawn looks like VS to me.
  3. Luicanus

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the colour is based one whos it is. Faction Squad/Platoon or your own, like tanks are.
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

I'd have a bit more respect for this if your number one complaint wasn't the devs being lazy. While I agree the router pad icon should be different, reusing assets for new material isn't a new concept that only DBC uses to try and sneak in the minimum possible work.
    • Up x 1
  5. Luicanus

I kind of imagined it as a placeholder, although DBG does have a bad habit of leaving it's placeholders as permanent fixtures years later. *Cough* HossinConstructionn Sites *Cough*
  6. PlanetBound

Looks like VS to me.
  7. Blam320

I believe in an update video they clarified that the construction sites were left in because they - as well as players, apparently - enjoyed their layout. So they deemed it unnecessary to update the sites into full bases.
  8. Luicanus

They are an alright base design, yes I do enjoy fighting at them, but literally, 10 bases that all came out of the same mould? Hossin only has 60 or so bases, and besides these 10 the rest are (for the most part) unique with a character all of their own. Indeed, discount the Bio-Labs, Tech Plants and Amp Stations which similarly offend how repetitive they are and 1/5 regular bases are construction sites.

If they converted 3-5 of them into proper bases with the same character graned the reso of Hossin I'd predict good things said about those bases.
  9. Blam320

Hossin definitely needs to get the Indar treatment before the other continents, just because of how unfun it feels to fight there sometimes.

Hopefully the devs get on reworking the other continents like they did Indar.
    • Up x 1
  10. Luicanus

The only upside to the present claustrophobic feel of Hossin is that it funnels enemies into specific locations so you can reliably get use out of the Flail, in all my times using it I've made maybe 10 kills and almost all of those were in one battle where I had an NC armoured column under my guns.