[Suggestion] Change the cert for AI mana turret.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by GImofoJoe, Jul 8, 2013.

1. GImofoJoe

Currently you get .5 sec longer each rank. It doesn't help much.

Rather, if you could reduce the delay before cooldown by a fraction of a sec, and increase cool down speed by 5%

Ex: if currently it took 1 sec before turret begin cooling down, each rank should decrease by .2 sec and 5% faster speed, until the final rank will remove the delay and cool down rate 25% faster. Which means the turret will begin cooling down as soon as you stop shooting, 25% faster.

This will make the turret a much better suppression/area denial weapon. You're able shoot a heck lot more.
  2. Plague Rat

I don't think they'll do that. One of the most effective ways (for me at least) to use the turret is just to tap fire it for accurate shots at longer ranges. Reducing or removing the delay would basically allow you to fire unlimitedly, or at least for an extremely long time, if used like that because the heat would cool as quickly as it builds.
  3. GImofoJoe

No, removing the delay at rank 5, you can fire it continuously for 8 secs and wait for 3 secs for it to cool down completely instead of 4 sec. But with this you can fire in bursts continuously just like now but more frequent.
  4. john55223

I don't even have that cert, but I never have an issue with cooldown. I think you are sitting in your turret tooo much...
  5. repairtool6

I find extending the cooldown is mostly pointless.

I'd like the certs to actually IMPROVE the turret ( accuracy, rof and maybe even dmg-wise?) as you level it up, not just extend how long you can hold down the trigger.

Something like this (just examples! not suggesting 'real numbers'. Figure that out)

Rank 1: Better COF (10%?)
    Rank 2: Better ROF (10%?)
    Rank 3: Even better Cof (15%?)
    Rank 4: Even better ROF (15?)
    Rank 5: Little better damage? (some number...figure it out..)

Yes, no?
    • Up x 4
  6. HlllBllly

i really like this suggestion, not just because i've thought it myself, but because it is actually is worth it.

in addition, why not have this for other infantry weapons, i personally would like a faster reload on my Nemesis!
  7. Dhrys

I like this, but, first thing is to fix it so it quits shooting its own shield, at least the TR version still does. Would like to add the ability to deploy it on uneven terrain, that is after all what a tripod is for.
    • Up x 1
  8. Inu

Huzzah
  9. Smeghead

What, you guys don't like having to get a spirit level out in the middle of a battlefield to figure out where to place a turret? What kind of an Engineer doesn't like spirit levels? :)
    • Up x 1
  10. aoyagiaichou

I'd like that, but I think it should also be pretty expensive (like twice the current price) if the numbers were above 10. Hell, even if they weren't.
  11. Zazulio

Personally speaking, I'd rather have defensive upgrades than offensive. Its damage and accuracy feel fine, but I'd give up a leg for a way to increase frontal shield coverage.