[Suggestion] Change PS4 control schematics for "firing modes"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DoucheSlayer, Aug 12, 2016.

1. DoucheSlayer

I'm trying to get the trac shot and I unfortunately like battle rifles, and the trac shot has an underbarrel shotty and I'd like the same or grenade launcher on battle rifle.
    The battle rifle is fine because you push one button and it comes up.
    The trac shot and trac S have multiple steps to get to it.

Can we treat underbarrel attachments as a separate function and set the key to also something easier to do without moving the fingers from the usual position too much, like swiping up on the touchpad lets me run while switching to the underbarrel.

It isn't fair that PC can do this thing with one key while Trac S has to push Up to get to burst fire, again to semi, again to underbarrel. There's hardly a point in having the underbarrel then.

I'm sure you guys are already aware of this, but swiping up (if that's even a workable function, or right) can be used.

Thanks
  2. DrakeFang

Ok, a few things:

1. Using a swipe on the touch pad is actually a really good idea. Warframe showed that this could be very well implemented, and I'm both surprised and a little annoyed that this never occurred to me. Good on you for thinking of it.

2. Because this is a good idea, you need to leave these forums. The devs don't actually read these forums, but they do pay attention to the PS2 reddit. Go post this over there and see if you can get some support behind it. It's likely nothing will change, but you don't know if you don't try.

3. The Trac-Shot really isn't worth your time. It's hands down the worst directive carbine in the game, likely the result of being a variant of one of the worst carbines in the game. I suggest you go watch IGoRawr's video on the directive carbines, as he outlines its issues pretty well.
  3. DoucheSlayer

I already knew the trac shot was bad but I want a cool lookin gun.
    At first I wanted the DMR so I used thr vandal to start off and big mistake, such a cool gun and switched to AMR and that thing is stupid. How do you build a weapon for long range that is so innaccurate that the first shot can miss a stationary target within its damage range?
    Trying to spend forever now auraxing engineer so I just want a cool lookin gun lol.
    Havoc I tried but not really an engineer thing..
    SMG. lol.
  4. DrakeFang

Hey, as long as you know what you're in for mate.
  5. Ziggurat8

Games should use street fighter special moves. quarter circle to the right or left on the d pad fires under barrel. No need to equip or cycle through anything. It just fires when you complete the gesture. Your character also has to yell Sha-duken! You reload the next time you use the standard reload command. You could break out an underbarrel shot in the middle of firing!

You're idea isn't bad but swipe up changes in game voice channels and swipe right opens text chat.

Edit for weird double quote
  6. DoucheSlayer

Oh yea i forgot about voice comm channels..should be an option for swapping that out with the underbarrel then lol
    Playing alone or in a squad of two doesnt need voice comms
  7. LovesLost13

I got the Trac shot man.. I would say i worked pretty hard to get it? Its not worth it though.. i felt like i did it more for the 500 certs than anything..I don't even use the underbarrel but idk.. from experience it just never felt right at all any time i use it to shoot i feel like brushing my face up against the pavement cause of how poorly it is..You can work for it.. But you will be highly disapointed.. i wish they would fix it by.. doing something.. Anyways enough of my rant sorry..Yes this s a great idea man do what Drake said and hopefully it will go through.