[Suggestion] Change price Tokens?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ..:::FLASHBACK:::.., Jul 11, 2019.

1. ..:::FLASHBACK:::..

Hi everyone,

perhaps this topic is already in progress, or already discussed 100 times...

could you at least lower it by 10 euros the price of the name change?

I mean 23 euros are really a lot for a nickname change.

I sincerely hope that you take this topic into consideration, of course, I understand that there are other priorities, bugs, etc ... to resolve, but I would like to see this price fall.

I think everyone agrees with this, doesn't it?:p

Best regards
  2. FateJH

The apocryphal story about why the name change price is so high says, desparate for a price change mechanic, proponents on the forums plead that they'd even pay $25 for it. And, so, the devs made it cost about $25.

(The plea for a name change at any price was real, however, is what I mean; I read the post back in the day. Whether that was the defining reason the price was set is a different matter.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Savadrin

My understanding in many games is that it is set high so that the company can profit more from people who are running away from their reputations, and I think that's just fine.
  4. ..:::FLASHBACK:::..

I think these are secondary themes if one escapes because of his bad reputation … ;)

But you can't deny that this change is really too expensive!
    It's a matter of pleasure let's change nicknames:p
  5. TRspy007

Well the community basically said they'd be willing to pay a lot to get their names changed...they got their wish. Asking them to lower the price is kinda like going back on our word. I am against spending real money for immaterial stuff in general, but I understand it is necessary to keep the game running. I would never pay to change my name in a game, so I just create different accounts, and I choose my names more or less wisely.

I understand that everyone makes mistakes, and not everyone is willing to create a new character and restart their progress just to change their names. In that case, I can see a few ways to deal with this.

1) If you have so much progress with your character that you don't want to start a new one, ask yourself is it really worth switching names? (You've progressed this much with that certain name, is t really necessary to change it?)

2) Would you be willing to restart your character just to change your name? If not then it's not a really important deal, because you would rather stick with your old name then lose your progress.

3) Why do you want to change your name? Is it because you're being bullied, you just got tired of it or what? Because if you get tired of a name so quickly, then you're gonna be switching names every 10 seconds. If it's because you want a more appealing name in the forums or something, you cant always use and alt to represent you. Most players have multiple characters and accounts.

4) If you're still willing to change your name after reflection, then I guess you have a good reason to do it, just make sure you pick one that's gonna stick this time.

5) The devs can't lower the price because they need money (planetsde2 is a dying game), if they lower a price once, a bunch of other people are going to complain it's still too high, and the circle will never end. The community also loses credibility (FOR ONCE THE DEVS LISTEN TO US, implement what we asked and then a bit after we change our mind, "hey I know we said we'd do anything to change or names, but actually no"). I understand your point, 25 USD is a pretty big investment for a video game character, but if you don't want to pay that to change your name, then do you really need/want to change it? I guess all you can do is hope for sales (maybe for the 7 year anniversary in November) ask someone to get you a Planetside 2 gift card, or just deal with your name if you don't want to make a new character.

Keep in mind you should check if the name you want to use is available by either searching the playerbase or trying to create a new character and stopping once you see if the name you want is available, that way you don't waste 25$