[Suggestion] CHANGE NC UNIFORM COLOR FROM YELLOW TO GRAY

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CMDUNKNOWN, Aug 29, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

if NC looked like that, i would have joined them in a heartbeat!!!

sadly, they look like this to me:

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  2. Auzor

Well, at least you don't get a falcon grav-tank. Turrets are too high-tech(/mainstream?) for the vanu.:p

Seriously though: yes I do feel it is unfair that VS dress as ninja's for night-time operation, and NC wear yellow on their hat.. it is like a sign for snipers/headshotters: "aim here for cert points". How can anyone be sneaky with yellow on the head?

What are the faction colors? VS (minimal teal, extra dark puple (aka 'black')), TR black & dark-red
    NC: fluo yellow and contrast blue. Ehrm lolwut?
    Yes, lower the yellow; I'd propose to a "muddy" yellow, you know, the type you might use on camo, so not really gold: say gold to a developer, and you'll get blinky gold I'm afraid.
    "Earth yellow" for example is an official camo color. I don't think 'colors' can be IP-protected or anything, but another variant is possible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_sand_(color) : take a pick of something sandy, with some yellowy touch.

In addition, I think it would be nice to (slightly) grey-dark the larger blue surface areas. However, the "darker" the yellow-substitue, the less 'darkening' of the blue that should occur; we're not asking for NC to become ninja's, just to be camoflage-able.

In return: "shrink" the big vanu projectiles. How would those big plasma balls leave the smaller barrel anyway..
    • Up x 4
  3. Lamat

Some highlights I've gathered from some older threads:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][/quote]

• Up x 1
  4. Lamat

5. SeanFree

There's hardly any teal on VS default camo though. The players should be able to do both, have a subtle default camo (like VS) and have outrageous camos to attract attention (like Shatter Camo for NC) because that's....wait for it.....

Balanced. :eek:

Although I know VS is TRay's favorite faction and god forbid he revamps the other factions to bring them in line.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skooma Lord

I agree that thee yellow should be toned down or changed to grey or something like that. I mostly play engineer and my backpack has a bit too much yellow on it in my opinion.
    The N.C. are supposed to be using scavenged/used equipment and it looks like their armor was just painted yesterday.
    I think the Vanu are in a good spot right now. Their armor is not dominated by their primary and secondary color. They are mostly a dark grey with some parts of teal and dark purple. I think thats how the T.R.'s and N.C.'s armor should be like too. Right now especially the N.C. fighters look kind of "cartoon"-like. People can still look bright and yellow with camo, but I wish that they would make the yellow darker at least.

Now don't get me started with the N.S. vehicles! They look hideous in my opinion. On ALL factions. There are other ways to make it visible to a player that it is an enemy N.S. vehicle. A big faction logo or some parts of it can be faction colored might be a good way. Right now all of the N.S. vehicles especially the Valkyrie and Galaxy are covered in super saturated colors that make them look ridiculous in my opinion. They also made the base turrets the the same style too a patch or two ago.:( Maybe they styled them that way so color-blind people can Identify an enemy vehicle better, but I wish that they would do it in a way to make it still look good.
    • Up x 2
  7. Taemien

Lets be honest with ourselves here. I don't know how it is on other servers, but on Connery.. the VS and TR get trounced by our derpy NC during alerts. They need all the help they can get. Which is why we probably won't see changes here.

Yeah it makes sense to have easy to see colors toned down. Or make all three empires equal in blatant color coverage. But they've got to balance things in favor of the underdogs without doing it in a vacuum.
  8. Devrailis

NC Engies are the best. Watching a footzerg of NC engies from behind is like watching a swarm of angry Pikachus laying waste to the countryside.
    • Up x 1
  9. Anonynonymous

Yeah... I always identify NC engineers by the pikachu backpacks on their back. I guess it's one of the perk of playing NC, you can quickly pick out friendly medics and engineers amongst a crowd.
    • Up x 1
  10. libbmaster

In alpha, every faction's secondary color was grey.

To be honest, i don't understand why people are so worked up over it. It's not like you can hide in the bushes anyway.
  11. DatVanuMan

I may be Vanu, and I may be your enemy, BUT I WANT TO FIGHT THE BETA NC. I am right behind you, brother!
    Also, make the VS look more advanced:p Not with bigger behinds, but simply more lights. Back in Beta, we used to look sick.
    • Up x 2
  12. DatVanuMan

13. Pikachu

14. DatVanuMan

Why?
  15. DatVanuMan

[/quote]

WHY DID EVERYTHING look better in Alpha? ESPECIALLY VS weapons. They actually went pew pew, and had such a sick beam effect:(
    • Up x 2
  16. -Synapse-

Everyone could do with a desaturating, but especially NC. I'm all for bright colors and cartoony stuff where they're appropriate, but not in a sci-fi war game. It just looks stupid in that context.

In short, I think they should revert to the alpha look.
    • Up x 2
  17. Lamat

Yeah, that's the point I'm trying to make. The aesthetics of the game were better in the beginning and it has slowly morphed more like a cartoony TF2 style game. They had it right in the beginning but someone took PS2 off course.

One of the problem's with the free-to-play model is an inclination to sell-out putting holiday content, Soccer, Dr. Seuss, Pony hats and other goofy stuff that ruins the integrity of the games immersion.

It's time to look back to Planetside 2's beginnings and original vision.
  18. DatVanuMan

I hope so. I heard that VS weapons ACTUALLY looked alien and didn't resemble frozen fish:eek: Also, I even heard that the Magrider was OP! Wish I had this during alpha:( But yeah, we need this game to be a bit more serious. I mean, sure, there's Christmas and the 4th, but as soon as they're over, so are the shenanigans. Just to add to depth and casual maturity.
  19. vanu123

Yea, too bad the art team is the only part of SOE that loves VS. We may suck but we look FABULOUS
  20. Lamat