[Suggestion] CHANGE NC UNIFORM COLOR FROM YELLOW TO GRAY

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CMDUNKNOWN, Aug 29, 2014.

1. CMDUNKNOWN

Yellow is the most visible color of the spectrum.

The human eye processes yellow first. This explains why it is used for cautionary signs and emergency rescue vehicles.

Peripheral vision is 2.5 times higher for yellow than for red.

Yellow has a high light reflectance value and therefore it acts as a secondary light source.

Excessive use of bright yellow (such as on interior walls) can irritate the eyes.

Vanu and TR are tough to spot, esp. in the dark, as soon as they use camoflage similar to the surrounding terrain/area.
    [IMG]
    if you glance at the pic with the three different soldiers the one in the middle just jumps into the eye... then the terrans and last you see the lower face of the vanu.

I dont mind that the NC logo uses yellow but why put yellow on the uniform?
    When I signed up for PS2 beta and started spending SC the NC was supposed to look like this: [IMG]

Instead we look like this:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

This needs to change now!
    You buy SC to get armor to hide the ugly tan pants but get more yellow dispite being the even bigger target due to the fact of armor making the character wider and easier to hit. But that's only for NC.

Engineers are hideous with their bright yellow backpacks.
    [IMG]

Being an engineer/heavy assault as NC is having a huge yellow crosshair on your back - not to mention the infiltrators with the "glow-in-the-dark yellow stripes".... wtf?

SOE PS2 Devs, please change the NC Infantry armor colors to match the NC Vehicle colors. It doesnt have to be the promised greyish-metallic-blue like on the pictures you showed us back in the days but strip off the hideous yellow giving us away in any facility, Hossin, Amerish...

VOTE FOR REASONALBE NC COLORS NOW!
    • Up x 48
  2. z1967

Fear the bananas of death, because I sure as hell do.
    • Up x 3
  3. sindz

[IMG]

Actually teal is, which is VS color.
    • Up x 5
  4. Goretzu

I don't think they should get rid of NC yellow.

I am utterly bemused as to why they haven't done a proper camo pass to make % yellow the same as % teal etc. though.
    • Up x 1
  5. ElCreepo

F that, more yellow.

Make Shatter camo the NC default.
    • Up x 5
  6. Pikachu

Don't you dare change my yellow!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 20
  7. doombro

If you aren't trying to look as bright and obnoxious as possible, you're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 5
  8. Church41349

Shure as long as you take some of the excessive amounts of red on us and make us more like this.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  9. Klypto

I would be unhappy.
  10. Pikachu

That's right. :D Real players use shatter camo and the like.
    [IMG]

I love it when I see one of these strawberry terrans. :D
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  11. Sharpe

NO!
    We need MOAR yellow!

[IMG]

And some pink please... I missed the valentines day camo thing :(
    • Up x 5
  12. patrykK1028

You sound like: I died 1000000 times today, its only because of the ***** ********** ********* ***** camo
  13. Pikachu

That's the NC lemon camo. :D If it wasn't for the hearts I would have bought it.
  14. CMDUNKNOWN

Pikatchu, if you buy yellow camo - your choice. what's the point of buying digital dark camo and having an easy to spot engineers backpack?

look at the amout of teal and the size of the vanu engineer backpack
    [IMG]

and here's the TR engineer
    [IMG]

The NC engineers backpack can be seen from the front.
    • Up x 7
  15. SPQG_Juba

I can assure u, that the red ist bad, actually often rly to ur benefit.

The yellow is so bad and all the money spent on camos seems to be a pure waste!
  16. phreec

No it's not. Charteuse is which is a yellow/green mix.

[IMG]

It's why traffic and safety vests are often made in that color.

[IMG]

https://www.maxmax.com/aVisionFAQ.htm

(also lol there's hardly any cyan/teal on VS anyway)
    • Up x 12
  17. zappy

I did notice i died a lot more using the shatter camo, now i only use the camo on my weapon
    • Up x 1
  18. Aleyck

I do love me some industrial mix camo. On my infiltrators. And everything else.
  19. Obuw

As soon as I put on the default camo you get from filling the starter survey, all the yellow disappeared and I never looked back. So not sure if it's as big a problem as you make it out to be. :confused:
  20. LT_Latency

I think NC is hard to see. Especially at night with one of the main reasons being most of the buildings in this game are blue and at night then blend in quite while IMO