[Suggestion] Change JJ upgrade effect.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Corezer

From fuel capacity/recharge to thrust/recharge.

That way we can actually be... light... right now we have a 10% boost to sprint with adrenaline pump, which is foolish choice when compared to the other suit slot options for all but a few players/styles. Give us some speed mang!

Also, since LA is all about getting behind the line and killing enemies before they have a chance to murder your mates, giving a lowered reward for killing people who havent gotten a chance to molest my empire is kind of a nerf to the very core of the class.

Like I dont support spawn camping, even though I used to do it on sunderers before I had dual C4 (with a nade launcher, im pretty well able to take out a bang bus now instead of needing to neutralize it) but try seeing what effect the new spawns and protection have before neutering my class, I think you will find the results of these 2 things alone to be satisfactory.
  2. Kenok

Your signature is so distracting.
  3. Wrel Developer

Icarus Jump Jets fit what you described. They existed in BETA. Standard Jets should be left as they are, as they're a balanced starting point, useful for any occasion.

Devs have mentioned that they would be bringing Icarus Jump Jets back, though I can't find a link.
  4. RayDrazon

Wow... Those Icarus Jump Jets look so much more awesome than the ones we have now...
  5. Kayth

Those look pretty fun. I don't see why we couldn't have them as an option as well.
  6. ritual

Like Wrel said, they're supposedly coming back.

Anyone have a chance to use them in beta? They weren't as versatile as the default JJ's are they?
  7. Corezer

*sniffle* I know... v_v
  8. Pat22

The Icarus jets burn through their fuel supply MUCH quicker than the regular jump jets. That means they probably won't allow you to cross long distances while remaining airborne, or hover around your target while shooting at it, or even fly on top of a tank while throwing down C4 on it.
    The smaller fuel capacity also means there is less room for error, if you miss your jump you're pretty much done for.

The Jump Jets really have more versatility, though I guess it's like weapons.

Drifter jets are like shotguns with slugs
    Jump jets are carbines
    Icarus jets are shotguns with buckshot.
  9. Zhorg

yeah, that would be my fart you're smelling/tasting, sorry :rolleyes:

but yes i agree, bring back icarus jets! LA needs some luvluvluv!!