[Suggestion] Change Attack and Defense rewards

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LtBomber1, Feb 15, 2018.

1. LtBomber1

Title

Planetside 2 is a unique mixture of strategy and first person shooter. However, the strategy part fell somewhat behind the shooting with the addition of lattice, directives, ribbons etc. Today, it feels hardly worth to cap a base, just for the cap. In earlier days, capture was your main income of certs.

Captures:
    Rewards on capture should increase to (something like) 5, 10, 15 certs on sucessful capture for small medium and large facilities. To prevent base rapeing (ghostcaptures just for the certs. The reward will only be given out if 5 enemy players are present.

Defense:
    As it is now, players are granted a defense, if the timer reverts to full after ticking down for at least 30 sec. It is therefore possible, to have multiple defensiv ribbons in one fight. My suggestion is to hand out defense reward not directly, but when all lattice connections are friendly. The defense reward will be forwarded if the base is really secure and will be giving to every player in the scoreboard of the defended base. Reward should match the attacking one.

Why change it:
    Nowadays a lot of people are rather farming than capping the base, because it is more rewarding than actually capping. The changes on the defense will encourage players to counterattack.

TL DR:
    Increase capture rewards
    Defense rewards only if terretory is uncapable (delayed)

PS: Numbers are open for discussion
    • Up x 2
  2. Halkesh

I like the concept, but on application it have some flaw that should be resolved.
    • Defense won't work on facility that are lattice-connected to the enemy warpgate.
    • What will happens to the xp multiplicator for Defense (if I remember correctly, it's (5-15%, depending on how big the defended facility is). Do you think we should add the same bonus for attack ?
    • Are you sure it's a good idea to prevent ghostcapping ? I mean, those guy are doing their job since they're capping territory for their faction. And with the Meltdown alert it's sometimes the better tactic to ghostcap enemy base, so I think it should be rewarded.
    • With your anti-ghostcap system, what happens if all defender redeploy before the end of the capture ? (it happens a lot so they'll avoid being killed)
    • Your anti-ghostcap system deny reward for a lot of 1-12 v 1-12 battle.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

+1 to shift focus on team/faction objectives as opposed to grinding kills for directives.
  4. LtBomber1

Good thinking here:
    1. Warpgate connection: Bases right at the warpgate can not be defended. Should not be problematic
    2. Bouns is still there for normal operation while defending. I am strongly against rewarding the attackers for fighting more than needed, their main reward should be the capture itself.
    3. (Ghostcapping/low pop combined). Flaws are true:
    • Ghostcap (No enemy in scoreboard) should give normal reward (1,2,4 certs). It is not hard to flip a point and expecting high reward for doing so.
    • If the enemys redeploy, they are still tagged in the scoreboard
    • You are right, no penalty for small fights, so 1v1 already gives full reward
  5. Liewec123

woah woah woah, you actually want to INCREASE the reward for zergs capping bases without opposition and decrease the rewards for attempting to fight the zerg?
    because the game isn't zergy enough, lets punish players not zerging, and further reward the mindless zergling drones!

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. LtBomber1

I am serious.

The problem of zerging will exist none the less, or better, as long as people are not playing for terretory effectivly.

So we have a open cont with 48 ppl on each team, now guess what: If one team decides to 48 zergball around, all other lanes are open for capture. In the end, you reward the people for moving the front lines, zergy or not. The suggestions are meant to break open stale fights, and favour attacking
  7. Liewec123

you must love this current meta.
    a zerg from each faction rolling over empty and underpopped bases,
    standing around waiting for a timer to tick 3 minutes so they can roll over the next base and do it again...

the only current choice you have is:
    1. join your factions zerg and mindlessly roll over bases, standing around waiting for a timer.
    2. get rolled over by the enemy zerg, if you try to leave the spawn room you're dead.
    there are no large scale even fights anymore.

what you call "stale fights" is when a base can't be steamrolled, those are the best fights in PS2!!!
    hence why i'm shocked that you want to encourage this zergy lameness because you actively want to eliminate even fights...
  8. LtBomber1

Sorry for late reply.
    Devs do not want those fights: Remeber old crown. This was a premium example of a neverending fight. Nerfed, nuked, burried, forgotten. They are moving points out of towers, fiddeling around with biolabs etc. They want a mobile front. They are rewarding the current meta.

However, my suggestions are just aiming to speed things up, by providing a greater reward for captures. This will also underline the importance of terretory a bit more.
  9. FateJH

An even fight would be if an equal number of opponents would come and fight for that lane. The only time when a base can't be steamrolled is when an adequate force goes to defend it.
  10. Liewec123

yeah, old crown used to be AMAZING, its a shame that epic battles are seen as an issue, and the ideal gameplay is zerging over indefensible bases and spawncamping...