Cert discrepancy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by evansra, Dec 1, 2012.

1. evansra

I have come to notice some bugs in the cert system and just wanted to put them out there...

1, The standard and alpha squad NC bolt action rifles both have the option of a foregrip... as far i can understand that is useless as sustained fire is impossible due to the relaod.

2, For the standard nc carbine the lazer sight is 1x100 cert unlock however for the alpha squad medic rifle its 2x100 cert unlock, i dont know if the second lvl makes any difference as i have not tried it but just seams odd to have one gun with 2 lvls and one with only 1.

Im sure there are more i cant remember off the top of my head.

If anyone knows these points to be wrong please let me know and feel free to add any other seamingly pointless certs you have come across. hopefully the devs can referance stuff like this to quickly resolve errors before people spend loads of certs/time on nothing :p
  2. Fuse

Doubt they are bugs, but it's hard to say since we never saw prices before launch.
    Just using your example, it's likely that the devs decided the laser sight was more useful on one gun than the other.
  3. evansra

Yeah I can see that I'm just suprised it is in 2 parts, why not make it 1 cert for 200 instead/ does lvl 1 give half the benefit? Description is no help on the matter. Might just be me tho :p
    I have also been wondering about lasers on shotguns... Anyone have any info?
  4. Fuse

I assume the second level is more effective and that they didn't make it available on guns they felt were already pretty accurate. I'm only BR20, so I don't have a whole lot of certs yet to test it out.
  5. evansra

Would like to resurect this post rather than make a new one.

Does anyone know if lazer 's have any effect on shotguns?
    or forgrip on snipers?

its 100 certs...
  6. Saiph

I'm not sure about the laser, but you would be better off with the extended mags.