Cert combination effectiveness

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by willowphile, Dec 4, 2012.

1. willowphile

So. I enjoy playing my LA at longer ranges than most...it's simply what I'm comfortable with and prefer to stay at medium range + (depending on how people define medium range). I already have the reflex2....and I figured that the forward grip would probably be better for me over the laser as I rarely fire from the hip in comparison to firing through the reflex scope. (though I recommend the debate...currently I'm playing VS with a Pulsar C).

My question is on the other two weapon attachment areas. I'm curious about the compound effect of using high velocity ammo with the suppressor. Reading the tool tip for these...it sounds like it would nullify the damage downgrade of the suppressor with the high velocity ammo, however, would this make the recoil unbearable even with the forward grip? I really like the idea of being able to shoot much more silently from sniper/higher ground positions, however, I'm worried about the lack of weapon damage compounded with the fact that VS already have diminished damage at range with their weapons. Any suggestions?
  2. Eziel

I'm about to make this decision myself. Honestly in larger scale fights I don't go for the kills, because lets face it takes mulitple shots to take a person down. I can switch from burst to single shot and get 1 hit on an enemy target, go to the next. I have much better control of my recoil this way from medium+ distances. It feels nice seeing multiple assist XP pop up. So I'm leaning towards the suppressor.
  3. willowphile

Yea. The suppressor sounds so nice....I'm just worried about watering down my dps since I play at longer ranges. That's why I was curious if pairing that with high velocity ammo was a good idea or not.
  4. Winterspawn

The combinationn of a surpressor and HV ammo will give you a lot more vertical recoil so at long distance you have to fire half automatic instead of full automatic. I don't know all the details about damage but I guess it would be slightly lower than what you have now. I would combine the Compensator with HV ammor for better damage and less recoil, since you play long range people will probarly be too far away to notice you pop up on the map anyway or otherwise they can't reach you.
  5. Fisstech

This is how I use my Pulsar C. I swap between 2x and 3.4x scopes depending on where the battle is. After reading the descriptions it sounded like a suppressor with HV ammo wouldn't pair up too well despite me playing all of beta with a suppressor. I generally find a nice spot high up and treat the gun like an AN-94. A good 3-4 headshots is all that you need to drop just about anyone. There are some people who go for cover and start scanning the area as soon as I try to land some hits on them, but being LA means that you have a good view of their flank regardless. Then you have small groups of people who take cover like that which is a prime grenade moment. I do end up changing spots more often than I like without a suppressor, but it's not a big deal with a jetpack. I might grab a suppressor at some point though at the moment I feel much safer not having to get as close as I normally would have to.
  6. Ronin Oni

FWIW: You can use your multiple loadouts you earn with BR ranking up to set up a LA for CQB (highest RoF weapon with laser+ reflex + suppressor) and another for longer ranges (3.4x, foregrip, HV ammo, Compensator).
  7. Winterspawn

I have 2 loadouts for my Pulsar C as well, although when I get the certs for the VX6/7 or whatever it's called I will use that weapon for short range. Right now I have the 2x reflex sight + advanced grip for short range and 3.4x scope + advanced grip for medium range. I need more certs now though.
  8. Mrasap

During beta I had experience with multiple loadouts for different purposes:

long-range: Pulsar C + HVA + Compensator + FG
    CQC: VX6-7 + Soft point + laser + reflex
    CQC: Nova + extended mag
    Allround: Solstice SF + Suppressor + underbarrel grenade launcher + reflex

In the end I'm only using the last loadout. If I'm at long range I take a scythe and at CQC I am a medic. LA shines at doing undercover missions blowing up generators or flanking groups and destroying them with explosions.

*edit* to answer your questions specifically: FG only works while ADS, laser only while hip firing. I noticed quite some damage drop with the suppressor at long range, though that might be a placebo effect. I don't see any benefit to the suppressor at long range because you usually aren't doing any undercover missions anyway.
    • Up x 1