[Suggestion] CERT and DBC Transfer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr_Cheese, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Mr_Cheese

I would love the ability to transfer Certs or Day Break Cash to other players.

Why would this be a great idea?

As an outfit leader, I woud love to run events that have prizes and rewards. For instance if I have excess certs or DBC I could transfer 500 certs to the winner of an outfit harrasser race, base building competition or whatever...

This feature doesn't have to have a UI. It could simply be done via console command, as the people using this feature will be experienced players only:
    /cert transfer 500 <playername>
    /dbc transfer 100 <playername>

This feature could likely be easily under 20 lines of code, woulnd't require much testing and I believe would really add variety to the game as outfits host more unique and interesting events.
    • Up x 4
  2. FateJH

Oh, how this seductive client-driven logic has slaughtered many a reasonable software development project in delivery and budget ...!

This sounds like a great door to start up a shady certification point farming racket. I doubt DBG wants to incentivize that kind of force into their internal game economy.
    • Up x 2
  3. Mr_Cheese

If DBG is worried about people selling certs then just allowing DB cash transfer would be enough. I'm sure players would be just as motivated to participate in whatever event outfits are hosting if they were to win enough cash for a camo etc.

FYI, I'm a developer so I have a rough idea on how much effort is involved in coding this addition.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

... kinda have to agree with fate ...
    and people would go all the way to find the easiest way to cert and cheat the scrap out of it .. and dbg seems incapable to deal with cheating well enough ...
    sry but no let´s not do this at all ..
  5. Mr_Cheese

Where is the issue with transfering DBC to other players?
  6. TR5L4Y3R

potential explotation through selling it ..
  7. then00b

Very few companies want the players to be able to trade their cash currency. I imagine because it would potentially cut down on how many people buy it.
    If you wanted a helmet say for 50 dbc or some such, would you buy the minimum $5 or just get a few from someone else that has leftover funds?
    Otherwise there's just no in game economy to speak of anyways, at least with Warframe trading platinum can be done for pretty much any item.
    Transferring certs is just a no-deal, I could foresee all sorts of dummy accounts by cheaters made just to transfer to their "legit" accounts and such.