Ceres NC cheater

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by veselie, Jan 23, 2014.

1. veselie

2. nooblet91698

Your video is too brief and not focused enough on the guy to actually see any kind of hack.
    And looking at his stats, he looks like a normal player
  3. Lewk

4. veselie

Then I wish the recording was on when he insta killed me in the spawnroom.
  5. Robyn

Well you will get him next time or so
  6. Unclematos7

The trolls that are nocliping, firing Carv/SAW on full auto headshotting everyone, flying speedhacking Galaxies, etc. are not that big of a problem. These guys get found and banned quickly. The real problem though are people using more subtle hacks.
  7. Utrooperx

Agree with Unclematos7...

This game needs a way to detect this kind of subtle cheating...I really wish one existed...

Oh, wait...one does...a probability script!

Please see: http://www.cs.cuhk.edu.hk/~cslui/PUBLICATION/detect_cheat.pdf

In this paper, we propose a scalable and efficient method to detect whether a player is cheating or not. The methodology is based on the dynamic Bayesian network approach. The detection framework relies solely on the game states and runs in the game server only. Therefore it is invulnerable to hacks and it is a much more deployable solution. To demonstrate the effectiveness of the propose method, we implement a prototype multiplayer game system and to detect whether a player is using the “aiming robot” for cheating or not.

Experiments show that not only we can effectively detect cheaters, but the false positive rate is extremely low. We believe the proposed methodology and the prototype system provide a first step toward a systematic study of cheating detection and security research in the area of online multiplayer games.

Imagine if such a script was set up...virtually impossible to fool and extremely accurate...with the ability to instantly dis-able offender's accounts for 24 hours...

The real question should be...why won't SoE use it?
  8. Robyn

I think i also noted one time also an teleporter guy was on VS side somehow getting out of an bush 30 m away directly behind me while i was standig on an building
    Later i encoutered him again while he was killing an friendly engennier with the same thing.