CARV or CARV-S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Sikab, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sikab

Hello community.

Title is the question :)
  2. Braken

The S variants of the starter weapons are pretty much direct upgrades. You get 3 fire modes, AND you can pretty much use any attachments on them.
  3. DrTeeth

The S variant has slightly lower dps (1663 vs 1788) and slightly longer reload (5.5 vs 5.4). I don't consider burst mode to be useful. What is the difference in certs?
  4. ackerx

Compensator/Advance forward grip is probally the reason why people pick up it.
  5. Atol

Fyi, Adv forward grip and burst fire no longer exist.

Does give access to soft point and high velocity ammo which should offset the dps difference.

2x reflex sight is also best in class for my money.
  6. Atol

They're similar weapons, but the dps difference is negligible, and the Carv S is easier to handle due to the compensator. Coupled with the additional scope options and single fire mode for long distance plinking, I prefer the Carv S for its flexibility in all situations.
  7. Cross

Atol, does the CARV-S still have Extended Magazine available?
  8. Sir Lemming

If they left it as it was in Beta, then Carv-S is a very very good LMG. Has a nice bunch of attachments, and I really loved it with a x3.4 scope. Was a joy to use it for every range. Single shot is available, but if you just tap M1, the gun will fire only 1-2 bullets anyway... with 100 ammo in a magazine (can upped to 200 if that still stands) you can easily keep a bunch of people at bay even if they are on the top of a mountain.
  9. Atol

Yep, extended mag shares the rail slot with forward grip however, so isn't really an option unless you plan on spray and pray CQC.
  10. Klagmire