CARV INSANELY OVERPOWERED

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Guy Montag, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Curze

NC weapons are by far the worst. anyone that denies that either havent played NC and still think they are the same as in PS1, or fully know they are really that bad and are trying to throw sand into the dev´s eyes to keep NC down while they play other faction

there´s a reason why NC is the underdog faction in ALL servers
    their weapons being good isnt it LOL
  2. Incarnadine

The NC GD lmg is pretty good, might even call it compareable to the Carv, but the fact is their default weapon is superior to MOST nc weapons including most bought ones. This is not right -.-

And again, anyone play with the Warden yet?
  3. Xaragoth

We could nerf the CARV and buff the Minigun. Everyone wins!
    • Up x 1
  4. Daddy Tickles

Yup, just remove the spin-up from the mcg. *whistles innocently*
  5. [HM]Krowe

They are not the "worst", they are the hardest to manage. I've played NC all through the beta, and most of their weapons are extremely deadly if used correctly. NC usually aren't the underdog pop, usually pop size has to deal with the time and server you're on. But I will agree with you on one thing, they aren't the same from PS1 because the game is now PS2, and on that note, the devs do they're best to balance things out, there is no "sand throwing".
  6. alecholman

It's not quite overpowered, simply just the one of the better starting weapons. Most weapons for TR are side-grades as opposed to any sort of upgrade, making it the best you're going to get (just my opinion). In a few months, this won't even be discussed anymore. I get destroyed as HA playing against Vanu weapons all the time; not so much NC, but just because I've had more experience in the beta and they usually suck.
  7. TRman

lol really? no its not op
  8. RobotNinja

So...no change then? :p
  9. Gary

My personal playstyle benefits way more from NC weapons then the TR. If i could i would swap every TR weapon for the NC version. People i first met playing PS2 beta are TR so i play TR :) They look better but again would swap any TR weapon for the NC one.
  10. Bentos

Excuse me, excuse me..

OK guys, look.

When looking at infantry alone, yes, the TR carv is plainly a better weapon than either the VS orion OR the NC gauss saw, the gauss saw being plainly the worst.

But, but.. Have any of you who care so much about infantry ever seen a PROWLER in action?

I play VS and NC extensively, NC to BR 12 in beta, and VS to BR 11 open. (I'd swear they made that easier.. anyway)...

The prowler blows. Even though there is an INFANTRY imbalance, the GAME REMAINS BALANCED with the exception of NC needing a small advantage somewhere, since they currently have the worst everything... anyway.. long story short. Yes carv is OP, but prowlers are hilariously bad, don't buff prowlers, don't nerf the carv, don't do anything, problem solved. Kkthxbye
  11. DrTeeth

NC guys - pick up the EM6. It has the exact same COF and recoil settings as the CARV and comparable dps.

(167 damage with 100 refire rate for the EM6 vs 143 damage and 80 refire rate for the CARV).
  12. StormFrog

Similar recoil, but not quite the same.

Carv has 0.05 CoF recoil, 0.40 vertical recoil, 600 projectile speed, and a recoil first shot modifier of 2.

EM6 has 0.06 CoF recoil, 0.45 vertical recoil, 570 projectile speed, and a recoil first shot modifier of 1.5.

Carv still has a slight TTK advantage as well.
  13. DrTeeth

• Up x 1
  14. MrK

Without much hard fact to back it up, mainly feeling : Carv is piss easy to use, that's it. Not straight up better, just easier.
    You drop Carv users with AR without too much work.
  15. CornTortilla

In that case try the TMG-50. Lower rate of fighter, higher damage. Only downside is the 75 round clip but it feels very similar to the NC LMG.
  16. Koadster

the Guass SAW, id rather that then the Carv
  17. DukeWrecker

CARV is great up close, but hitting anything at medium-long range is kind of a crapshoot, even with appropriate attachments.

The default NC heavy gun is definitely trickier to use due to the recoil kicking up quickly, but you can drop targets in just a few hits. It's a far more versatile weapon, and I regularly get 4-8 kill streaks with it on my NC alt.

Conclusion: No clue what you guys are whining about. L2P issue, imo.
  18. SpcFarlen

Not every gun is balanced for every situation, The CARV is a good CQC weapon. The SAW is good for medium to longer distances. Slap a comp, fore grip and high velocity ammo on the SAW and its really good at distance shooting.

If you want something close to the CARV for NC get the EM1 or EM6. I use the EM1 and its a really solid weapon. Both of those weapons are less punishing for missed shots because of its RoF to Damage. Slower firing high hitting weapons ALWAYS require more skill to master, since if you miss a shot you are punished more heavily for it. So give one of the faster firing NC weapons a try and see if that makes a difference for you.

If they set the EM1 as default i doubt we'd ever see any of these threads. The SAW just has a higher curve to learn than the CARV.
  19. Snarkyfoo

Yep. But our chaingun is a little too much, only because the other faction heavy-specials were never brought in line (much like the NC MAX scattergun, IMO).
  20. Plunkies

The prowler does not blow. It was buffed late in the beta to have a better gun than any of the other tanks. The 2 shots allow Prowlers to dial in targets twice as fast, which is huge in tank battles. And the 2 shots allow prowlers to kill infantry way more effectively. So you've got the best long range tank, best short range tank, and best AI tank. I don't want to hear any complaining about the prowler like we're still in the tech test.