Carv and TMG-50 muzzle flash

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Sharkasaur, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sharkasaur

Can we get the muzzle flash on the Carv and TMG-50 brought in line with all the other LMGs? These are the only two LMGs across all 3 factions that have gigantic muzzle flashes, big enough to cover your red-dot and occlude your target.

The result is a LOT of clutter on screen when firing these two guns on full auto, and past a certain distance you'll only see flashes of your target instead of continuous motion, as if you're at a disco club. Also, it doesn't help that tracers from first-person view are the same color as the muzzle flashes, so when the two overlap the tracers basically disappear.

This has a direct impact on accuracy because it's much more difficult to see the POI, which in turn makes it difficult to adjust the POA on the fly to compensate for recoil. This is the same reason why iron sights are inferior to dot sights.

One can get around this problem by using the flash-hider, and the difference is night and day. But I don't see why only these two guns have to pay a COF bloom penalty to overcome a weakness that none of the other LMGs have. It's not like the Carv or TMG-50 are particular amazing to begin with.

EDIT: TMG-50 has no access to flash hider
  2. Eternaloptimist

Can't say I ever noticed this on TMG50. I use it for longer range shooting, with a 3.4x sight. But I dumped the Carv as soon as I had the certs for the MSW-R so I can't comment on that one.