[Suggestion] Carry two primary weapons.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TomDRV, Sep 2, 2013.

1. TomDRV

When the LA class revamp comes along. How about we have the ability to switch out our Secondary for a second primary weapon. These cannot be dual wielded and cannot be on the same weapon class (cannot carry 2 carbines)

So you could have at one time:

Track 5 S as a general use rifle - mid to long range combat

TS4 haymaker (shotgun) - CQC

Negatives:
    The ammo pool for each weapon is halved.

To stop rapid changing between them: When changing from on primary to the other, the draw time is greatly increased (putting the equipped weapon away an getting the new one out).

Good? bad?
  2. Sossen

Bad. SMG and T5-AMC? All ranges covered. Why would you ever use a versatile weapon again.
  3. Iridar51

Bad.
    Because solves nothing nearby terminal/sunderer wouldn't. Carrying two primaries fixes nothing that is broken in LA now.
    And because it's already been discussed.
  4. Masterofm

Bad. Auto shotty and then some really good rifle. SMG and a good rifle. Doesn't matter if ammo is halved and your switch time is increased. It allows for so many positives and very little negatives.
  5. deggy

"LIGHT" Assault.

LIGHT.

Guns are heavy. Only way this would be allowable is if the LA lost the ability to fly when he picked up his second gun.

Then you're not really a Light Assault anymore, are you?
    • Up x 1
  6. TomDRV

I was gearing more towards the "assault" part of things.
  7. CL4p2p

Yeah sure a LIGHT assault can cary two f*ckin SMG and a pack of C4 but a HEAVY assault can just take a rocket luncher...
  8. TomDRV

LIGHT assault doesn't have all the body armour or a heavy LMG. Still lighter. And no-one will use C4 after its nerfed
  9. Iridar51

What nerfs are you talking about? I seem to have missed the announcement, could you provide a link, please?
  10. TomDRV

Can't find the link. there's currently a C4 nerf on the test server.

2 C4 will put a MBT into critical
    1 C4 will only do the same to a lightening.

2 C4's required to kill a lightening
    2 C4's cant kill a MBT.
    And possibly a resource price increase

This may not be right but it is what I've seen said on the PTS discussion.
  11. Iridar51

Thanks.
    Seems weird though. They shape the game to be playable at least by semi-coordinated squads, and all those random people without squad are placed at disatvantage, especially in small battles.
    I don't mind playing in a squad with my outfit, but this shouldn't be the only way to play the game.

In majority of cases, all "squad coordination effort" boils down to having enough different classes to do every job. The game should track this kind of thing, not players. For example, when there is a fight within a hex, the game should track class compostions of all sides, and give people suggestions what class to play / what class is needed the most. If you play suggested class and fulfill your duty you get exp bonuses.
    Per 12 players there should be at least 1 infiltrator, 1 medic, 1 engineer, 1 LA. LA's job would be mainly to hunt down enemy LAs and destroy spawn beacons, and infiltrator is for hacking. Recon Darts are nice, but not required. For AV purposes there should be several HA with proper loadouts - kinda hard to shoot ESF with default dumb-fire. Vehicle support is encouraged.
    All of this functions even when you're not in a squad - especially when you're not in a squad.

All this random people running around the map, with no idea what to do. With addition of this suggestion system, a lot of the battles will be more balanced - there would be more battles with tanks, air support and infantry combat around the bases, because the game itself will give suggestions what class or type of vehicle is needed the most. This will lead to more enjoyable expirience for all sides, because it's easier for infantry when they have tank and air support, and it's easier for tanks when they have infantry meat shield to protect them. More real combined forces battles, and less "ESF lolpod farm squads".

Actually, this idea is so good I'll probably go post this as a suggestion some time soon.
  12. deggy

There's an announcement about this, it's not planned to go Live. I'm surprised it's still on Test.
  13. Cromell

As far as I know, it's not, the "C4 nerf" was discussed like a month ago and it's been said quite clear that it's not going live. People just like ******** fire on any and all opportunities.
  14. Snoozzzer

Dual-wield SMGs. Okay, that might be a bit OP

Dual-wield pistols. Maybe that too

Carrying both a carbine and shotgun. So the disadvantages of each weapon are countered by being able to switch out.

Dual wield knives? Nah, pump actions at least make a noise and folk hate OHK weapons.

Severely nerf reload speed for anything used? Doesn't matter, you'd still be dead.

Shut down forums and implement one of the above anyhow? Might just work
  15. Mongychops

What I always thought is that slugs should be a fire mode on shotguns. Make equipping slugs on your weapon give you half slugs, half buckshot for your ammo pool, and when you press "b" to toggle between the two, it triggers a long reload to change your magazine over. While using a shotgun + commisioner kind of lets you have both, it would be nice to be able to do that with your primary.
  16. Farlion

Outrageous suggestion. That would bring LA to OP levels.
  17. asdfPanda

Yes, terminals make your idea pointless.
    But why the hell not? Heavy assaults are very versatile in their roles, with their high capacity lmgs and rocket launchers.
    Why shouldn't light assaults be versatile as well?