Carnage BR or NS11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Batisat, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Batisat

After certting into the medic for quite some time now (level 6 medigun thanks to double exp) I've been thinking of using a more mid range gun, I've been rolling with the GR22 for almost all ranges and it's starting to take a toll on me, so I've thought a new gun is due. But I can't think, Carnage BR or NS11A? The Carnage has quite low recoil with the adv foregrip and everything, but the NS11A can be unlocked for all factions
  2. Truehunter

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=AR&sortcolid=41&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

This should help you decide, pro's and cons of both, obviously not taking into account weapon attachments. Its personal preference really, pay particular attention to the possible damage before a reload, often forgotten but can make a great deal of difference to medium range combat (where burst fire counts more than spray and pray) which is what I think you are looking for.
  3. Inhognito

8/10 NC medics use N11. They all have a simple reason.

It's not like th N11 is a good weapon, the N11 is just way better than any NC AR.
    • Up x 1
  4. }{ellKnight

Not really. Depends on the situation and your play style.
  5. Inhognito

Said the terran player. It's funny, only TR and VS players say "it's not that baaad".
  6. Combat Jorts

The NS 11 is quite lame and under-powered. I rarely see it used in NC squads because of better options. I like the Reaper because its the hardest hitting AR we can use. At 200 @ 10m the Reaper is a hard hitting gun the NC is known for. I also like the Reaper because its like a smaller Gauss SAW.
  7. DickJohnsonn

I have my auraxium medal on my ns11a. I used it when I first started playing the game. Once you are ready to step forward into the advantage of the NC you need to make the switch to the Gauss, Reaper, GR-22/Carnage-BR. The problem with the NS11 is the damage. It just does not have enough oomph on it. Kind of like training wheels.
    • Up x 1
  8. Fallout10mm

I love my NS-11P (same as the A just nice and shiny). Put a 3.4x scope, compensator, Soft point, and forward grip and you got yourself a killer rifle.
  9. }{ellKnight

Because it's not. All medics have access to a 250 cert weapon that is really good in close range. In your case that would be the GR-22.
  10. Combat Jorts

GR 22 is simply simply anemic. I can't count the times a cycler or TAR got me before those little 143 damage bullets could get the TR guy.
  11. ColdCheezePizza

GR-22 is a monster with a laser mid range<, Carnage is more suited for a grip and its still accurate enough hipfiring that the tradeoff is really about preference of playstyle. If your doing alot of healing in a tight place like a biodome, the laser is perfect for letting of quick bursts to give you a lil breathing room to res some guys, but in open field battles and tech plants the grip comes in handy for picking off targets.

As for the NS11's, I would say the same thing I do about the smg's. If your a bad shot go with the gun with extra bullets, if not then the harder hitting option is the one to get. I personally cant stand the NS-11, it seems too mediocre at everything and doesnt really shine at anything but long reload speed.
  12. }{ellKnight

TAR does the same damage as the GR22 and has the same fire rate. In close range it's down to aiming. Cycler the same damage but a lower fire rate.

I'm starting to think the issue here isn't the gun, it's you.
    • Up x 3
  13. hansgrosse

That mediocrity is the beauty of the NS-11A. It's not great at anything, but it's also not terrible at anything. It is a very vanilla, very middle-of-the-road rifle, and that is precisely why I love it!

While I can't claim to have experience with the Carnage BR outside of VR training, I can wholeheartedly support the NS-11A as a valid and good weapon choice. That being said, the thing does have some wicked horizontal recoil, so I consider a foregrip to be mandatory equipment for it. I also recommend the 3.4x reflex sight. Barrel and ammo mods can be useful depending on playstyle, but I don't personally use them on this gun.
  14. SpaceKing

I see a lot of players saying the NS-11 is underpowered, but I see so many people using the 11C since it was released...
  15. phreec

I'd say stick with the Gauss Rifle if you're after a mid-range weapon. All you need for it is the grip and you're golden.
  16. Bersigil

For medium range I would prefer the Gauss, but if you still want the NS-11A, its for sale today...
  17. Batisat

Ah, so it is! I'll go get it real quick, thanks for the heads up
  18. Poolson

Get a NS-11. As the NC, it's the only useful gun we have at a distance, because it basically serves as the Vanu Pulsar, which is a decent starter gun. With NC, you have to get right into the enemy's face, and at that point you might as well just use a shotgun or a SMG.
  19. ladiesop

The Carnage BR looks like it's meant to be the LC3 Jaguar for the NC, but as an assault rifle so has one less damage tier drop-off but doesn't have the TR 40 round magazine.
  20. EViLMinD

CM is my bread and butter class (I'm BR 79), and I use all the weapons available to it. All of them are good. Some are just more useful than others.

I outfit the Carnage BR with adv grip, compensator and 1x or 3.4 scope. The weapon is best used in AMP Station/BIO/Tech Lab defenses. Ideal for short to medium range ADS suppression fire.

NS11a is a practical weapon when you don't know exactly what kind of fighting you'll be engaged in. It's extremely adaptable.

Even when you mod the gun for a specific range, it's still effective at all of them. My preference is to use it for long range, so I equip a compensator, grip, HVA and 4x scope (my Gauss R S gets the same setup). With this setup, I can sustain ADS fire at long range targets yet still be able to adequately hipfire an opponent who gets too close to me.

For an NC, the NS11a is very easy to use. Its bullets may be weak, but its recoil is quite manageable. Even with HVA.

The NS11a is also a smart stealth ops gun because it is available to all classes. The audio won't give your allegiance away to enemies; plus, the suppressor has a nice soft sound (minor but worth noting).
    • Up x 2