Care Package - Send to LA

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghostloadout, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Regpuppy

It's no more OP than giving a guy with self heal the best mid range weapons in the game. Everyone already has access to shotguns and SMG's, so we're only getting over the fact that we're giving assault rifles to LA. A class that regularly has to cut itself off from engineer and medic support to use its abilities to the fullest anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think Heavy assault should also have the assault rifles, carbines, and scout rifles as well. So that both assault classes have a well rounded choice of weapons.

As for the scout rifle, it's no stronger than an SMG for close to lower mid range. But it presents a niche option for some people who prefer a lower mid range accurate ADS weapon that has the potential for longer ranges. But I don't see it winning out in any competition for slot choice between shotguns and Assault rifles. That's why I put it down into the SMG/Carbine slot.
    • Up x 1
  2. deggy

Guys, LA doesn't have Assault Rifles for a very specific reason. LAs cannot be snipers. That would totally undermine the Infiltrator class.

Besides, look at the AR stats. They're basically just better versions of carbines.
  3. FireBreather

Then why do infiltrators have SMGs that can undermine LA class at close range?
    • Up x 1
  4. Zorro

More powerful jumpjets would be excellent, it is part of what is needed. Faster flying speed would also be nice, perhaps coming with another jetpack.

More realistic momentum would be tremendously good, and not just for jumpjets.

I am torn on the smoke grenades idea. Although the cost needs to be reduced, eliminating cost and making them available at ammunition packs does not feel right.

I agree that there needs to be more levels of adrenaline pumps, but rather than having a different attribute affected by each level, have each level boost sprint and walk speed with the higher levels also affecting jump height and ADS speed (scope sway would be increased to compensate).

I agree wholeheartedly with the assault rifles. They belong to the assault classes and should not be restricted to medics.

I disagree with the revision of the medical and restoration kits. It would essentially make light assaults a highly mobile medic with reduced performance.

As much as I would like to fly around with free, practically unlimited C4 (though getting to that point would be a pain), it would be so blatantly overpowered that C4 and light assault would certainly be harmed by it. It is better not to touch C4 and require teamwork among light assault to take down especially tough targets.

I most strongly disagree with having two primary weapons. It makes no sense for the highly mobile class to carry such extra weight and would allow one to forgo choosing one's engagements. An alternative would to allow dual-wielding with pistols, that would be quite fun.

I think spawn beacons should be limited to squad leaders. However, the squad leader should be able to give a spawn beacon to a member of the squad to place it for him.

I like the climbing gear idea, it would allow one to clamber up cliffs without having to "glitch" into the sides. I imagine that such climbing gear would be like the crag grapple arm.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Zorro

Carbines are better at close range, assault rifles are better at longer ranges. Also, assault rifles do not have the range or accuracy of sniper rifles. They would simply expand the engagement range of the class.
  6. Van Dax

sabr-13 might as well be a sniper rifle lol.