[Suggestion] capture base times are endless and ridiculous GU 07

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by M1dw4y, Apr 18, 2013.

1. M1dw4y

Hello everyone first of all sorry about my english.

Well tonight as other night my outfit, we played and well first normal, but few bases captured we noticed a ENDLESS TIME TO CAPTURE A BASE. First we thought that was our perception, but after few checks and talking with other outfits they noticed the same longer times.

Well, it is a bug?
    For instance:

100% influence 6/6 on the point and 14 MINUTES to take a AMP STATION!

well what do you think?

personally i want PLAY not stay like 14MINUTES or 7Minutes to take a base i want move base to another base like before.....

greetings to read, please tell me your opinion.
  2. Dubious

PS1 style, 15 min to cap any base
    Not been on, but I hope this stay for the main/big bases
    • Up x 1
  3. M1dw4y

I didn't play PS1 style, but Ps2 style before GU7 was better, at least for me. Do you know if times will stay like now?

EDIT: i didn't like ps1 style, because ps2 maps are probably more longer than ps1 and more bases too.
  4. Vertabrae

It's both good and bad. It makes the big fights more exciting, and makes the little ones borrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnggggg.

Yes you can always redeploy to a larger fight, but at some point you go to take a base and nobody shows up to defend it. You can't go afk on the off chance someone might show up.
  5. Dubious

none contested bases should give no xp

whole damn game is to much orientated around XP..
  6. M1dw4y

For instance, tonight my outfit was on amerish with 50% of population and the others 30% and 10%, well... boring? very very boring if the game keep that times probably i will not play anymore and probably some of people of my outfit too, according what they said
  7. Dubious

go back to BF3 with instant everything..
  8. M1dw4y

i won't back BF3, but Sony didn't say nothing on the patch as i remember.

Just i want to know if captures times will be so. I like Planetside, but personally i didn't see the point about capture times more longer, specially for lock continents, it will be nearly impossible.
  9. Dubious

locking continents is only near impossible cause of the permanent 3-ways we have

Sanctuary and neutral gates = problem solved
  10. M1dw4y

is not impossible when you're not playing on a event continent for intance amerish, and your alliance is trying to get Esamir...
  11. LibertyRevolution

The timer for the tech plant I was just at started at 25mins...
  12. M1dw4y

that's what im saying, is a madness if i will play like 2 or 3 hours i can planning lock a continent or try to quit the bonus to other faction.
  13. HadesR

Afaik the time is part of the move towards the rush lanes / lattice .. Fewer points of attack = bases need not to flip as quickly to promote longer battles and not just the zerg ..

Whether it's wise to add them before the rest of the changes is debatable
  14. M1dw4y

well... if sony is planning to make less bases or less influence bases i will accept that change but today as we have the map is really boring.
  15. Gisgo

The problem is that bases are so easy to take, we used to rush them in 5 minutes and leave.
    So they thought: what about making bases harder to attack, to promote longer fights?
    Nah, too much work; lets just force the players to stay at the cap point for 15 minutes shooting their new pistols ;)

Pic of a well deisgned base, not so different from an amp station, but notice how there isnt any hole in the walls:
    [IMG]
  16. M1dw4y

Just i play today like 3 hours, but i want see those longer fights... hahaha if you're in a biolab with all generators OFF and the Spawn off too, then? just wait 15min shooting ours pistols like you said? :(((((
  17. Shasbot

It's good if you're defending though. If you're losing you still have plenty of time to farm the attackers.
  18. M1dw4y

thats no sense when the attacking for is 4 times over you, it's more farm or waiting on the respawn
  19. Braveliltoaster

once the lattus system comes out it will all fall into place dont worry
  20. LibertyRevolution

There is no point in waiting 15mins for 250xp. You make that shooting 1 dude..