[BUG] Captain Quickdead vs Sir Neverdie

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Odins Son, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Odins Son

Yet again I must post a thread to a well known topic.
    TL:DR
    I die too fast while others survive even 2 AP shells right in the face.

Most of the upcoming comments will contain some mumbling about hitreg and clientsidelagwhatsoever. But this time IT'S NOT about that.

Getting tired of these issues I tried to contact every oppontent killing me right away on the spot.
    Those who responded assured that they needed between 2-3 hits to get me down, a fact that gave me goosebumps cause I assumed all the time ( yes I' m dealing in hardmode since 2013) it has something to do with lag/ client/ compensation. But NO. Im just Captain Quickdead. Even accident tkers stated that they where suprised by how fast I was lying on the ground. It's obvoius that my HP must be somewhere at 100-200 ALL. THE. TIME. I became really good at running away in this game as soon as I spot a barrel pointing at me. I became really good at flanking the enemy, but heres another thing which cracks me up.
    Meet Sir Neverdie.

Yesterday I literally gave a heavy 5m away from me 2 AP shells for breakfast. He just ate them packed his c4 on my tank taking all the time in patient and blew up the tank. My 2nd gunner also assured he had 2 halberd hits on him.:(

About some days ago I had a good conversation to a guy from the NC on Indar. He contacted me after I suprisekilled him which was just because of the good spot directly above him. I landed hits as following with an trac 5: 4 HS, 3 BS, 2 HS, then he began to run away and the last 5 hits gave him rest.
    So he was asking me if im aimbotting.... I was like WTF?
    No?
    Well, he never had so much TING-TING in this short period before.
    I explained that I was just on top of him so there was no other chance then hitting his head or neck.
    He then asked why he was not down in no time?
    Well, I said, THAT is a good question....

I leave this here for you. Maybe there a more ppl like me playing on hardmode
    • Up x 1
  2. Inu

If you want people to take you serious. State the name of your weapons. Need more details.
  3. FateJH

You most definitely are dealing with some sort of obscene latency issue.
    In fact, all of the threads in your posting history seem to suggest the network hates you.

Let's go over all the basic information:
    Computer specs, where are you (relatively-speaking, just list a country), what server do you frequent, and was does the built-in connection quality and ping test on the scoreboard window show typically?
  4. Odins Son

@fate thx for helping
    I run a i7 3770k with 16g of ram 9cl + Strix 980ti oc on a asus rog maximus v formula (board and cpu will be changed soon)
    I'm playing on cobalt contacting from germany.
    ping is around stable 30-50 sometimes even 75-100 (If I got you right here I'm using the alt+F mode to show)
    Firewall is enbabled via avast... if this might help you to suggest any problems with it...
    usually have around 90-150 fps depending on the chaos going on

broadband is 100mb down and 8mb up per sec

Hope this might help...

Thx for any help

(Tried to contact the support with this but no response)
  5. Danath

It sounds like your sent packets aren't reaching the server, so yes, I would try disabling the firewall.

Years ago I had a weird problem in a MMO: I could see everyone moving like normal (I received the data from the server all right) but I couldn't do anything myself for several seconds. It turns out it was my network card (embebbed in the motherboard). Installed a new one and everything got fixed. Funny thing is I never had that problem with other games (Starcraft, CS, other MMO...) or using TeamSpeak/Ventrilo
  6. Odins Son

Thx for your support guys
    Too bad I didnt realise before it might be the firewall... I'll check that (such an obvious issue)
    Otherwise I hope the new board will fix it with a newer network card

Thx