Cap Times

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xind, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Xind

I despise the new cap system. I really don't think it accomplishes a damn thing beyond what the previous one did. The battle still ends at the same point (when the SCU goes down) and then the offense just sits around for a substantial amount of time longer. It's like they trading 6 players having to wait at cap points for the ENTIRE TEAM having to wait where ever, for longer.

My suggestion: Make one cap point able to be influenced by the number of people on it. Ideally the cap point furthest away from the spawn room and/or scu in the case of bio labs and increase the maximum contribution cap to 10. This way some players can lend themselves to increasing the speed of the cap and it pulls some amount of people away from the SCU/spawn camping to do it. Potentially allowing for defense to attempt to move out of the room instead of redeploying/leaving once the SCU goes down.

For bases with single cap points, bring back the contribution from players. Since there is only one point, it should need to be guarded/capped as the action will come to them if the defenders want to keep their base or not.

I'm tired of spawn camping people and being spawn camped. It's boring and I would prefer if the battle had the potential to come back from near defeat more frequently. The only times I see turn arounds are when a massive outfit suddenly shows up at a place that's almost defeated and overwhelms a smaller/non-organized offense force.